New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Shilo Inn Suites - Salem

Shilo Inn Suites - Salem
Ranked #12 of 23 Hotels in Salem
Medford, Oregon
“Very helpful and pleasant staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2011

My husband and I have stayed at the Shilo Inn for months during this legislative session. The rooms are clean, roomy and updated.
The staff has been consistant and very accomodating during our stay. It is nice to see the same smiling faces when we come and go. We really appreciate Joey's help and happy demeanor during our stay.
I like the covered and close parking.
My only, somewhat negative, comment would be that the elevator can be on the slow side.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2011

I first chose the Shilo Salem back in 2006 (because it beat out their competitors in room price and the conference room) for a get together with about 30 gals. We had such a great time that weekend and were treated so well, that we have gone back every year since then.

We get together every year and we enjoy our stay better and better every year. I can understand some of the other opinions given....yes some stuff is lacking and not up to date.......but what they lack in those things, they more than make up for in customer service!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND, they allow pets!! :-)

My husband and I have also stayed at this hotel, several times, with our Australian Shepherd and it's wonderful to know that we can stay in a nice hotel and take our pet with us and enjoy a relaxing weekend...centrally located to so many stores and other things.

I just want to say that if you just ask......the staff is ready and willing to do whatever they can to make your stay more comfortable! If we have ever had a problem either in one of our rooms or the conference room.....all I had to do was call down to the front desk and it was handled efficiently!

When I arrive there each September, the conference room is set up just as I asked and they make sure that we have everything we need throughout the weekend.

We just feel 'comfortable' at this hotel....( I even took a vote one year to see if the girls would rather try another area or another hotel and they all voted NO WAY). We have come to know the staff and are happy to see them each year. They are a great bunch of people.

Someone said that they didn't feel at ease walking around the 'neighborhood' because it was sketchy, we have walked to several restaurants in the immediate area and never had a problem.

We will be coming back to Salem for a little family vacation, this summer, and we WILL be staying at the Shilo.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
Toppenish, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2011

Good staff, clean hotel but badly in need of a remodel.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2011

I cannot say enough good things about the Shilo Inn Salem. The staff went out of their way to make sure my stay was pleasant. Room was very clean and everything worked as it should. I was pleased with the excellent choice at breakfast. I have stayed at the Shilo Inn many times over the years and I would recommend this hotel to business men and families alike. There is also a laundry on the 2nd floor which is really nice for long stays.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
browneyes1961, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites - Salem, responded to this review, 25 January 2011
Thank you for your outstanding review after your recent visit to the Shilo Inn Salem! We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and happy we were able to meet and exceed your needs as a traveler. It is our goal to make each guest feel comfortable and welcome; we strive to meet this goal every day and appreciate you taking the time to let us know. Thank you again, we look forward to seeing you in the future!
Vancouver, BC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2010

The hotel is quite outdated. The elevator is super slow. You can prepare to wait for at least 5 mins for the elevator to come. It is slow to move up and down and slow to open the door. When it does open the door, it feels like the elevator is going to drop. Very scary. The room is huge but old as well, like the 80s furnishing. However, it does have 2 TVs in the room, one in the living and one in the bedroom side of it. The bathroom and bed is clean, i cannot complain. The breakfast serves in the lobby, so you have no where to put the food on (not that they have a whole lot of selection-mainly cereal and bread w/out toaster) and so the lobby waiting area becomes crowded because people are eating their breakfast there. I think that is a little awkward. However, it does have a diner cafe just right next door.
If you are looking for a quick short stay, Shilo Inn Salem is not a bad choice.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
waldport
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2010

As I walk in the door, Its so nice and clean. There is always a smile on the ladys face behind the desk. She greets me with a kind welcome.
Check in is always fast.I can call and ask any questions or directions.
she always helps me find my way.
The swimming, spa, and weight room are awesome.
Breakfast in the morning to start my day out right. A computer for me to jump on and do my work from when needed. a nice area down stairs, I have done a lot of business at that coffee table and couch. my clients love to meet me there. Its always clean nice and quiet.
Im usually in town one to two times per.week I always stay with them.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
waldport oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2010

this is the most amazing hotel with an amazing staff to go with it.
This is my second home. The staff is awesome, always smiling always happy/ Life is good when you stay at shilo!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business