“Love this hotel!”

Ranked #12 of 23 Hotels in Salem
Redmond, Oregon
“Love this hotel!”
Reviewed 23 December 2009

I hold an annual get together for demonstrators for The Angel Company. We always have it at the Shilo, every year, as we get great service and the staff is always very friendly and accomodating.

Every year we vote as to where we want to have it the next year....and every year all the gals want to return!

The hotel is centrally located to all the shopping and eating establishments that we prefer!

We would definitely recommend this hotel....and their managers!!!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled on business
browneyes1961, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites - Salem, responded to this review, 13 January 2010
Thank you for your excellent review and thank you for taking the time to share your experiences! We always appreciate feedback from our valued guests here at the Shilo Inn Suites in Salem, OR. We love having your group stay with us every year; all of the ladies from the Angel Company are the best! We hope to continue to provide you with our friendly Shilo hospitality for many years to come! Thank you again.

Pam Urben

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Oregon
Reviewed 6 November 2009

This was the nicest hotel stay I have had in years! Shilo has all my business for years to come.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
browneyes1961, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites - Salem, responded to this review, 12 November 2009
Thank you for the wonderful compliment! We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Shilo Inn Suites - Salem. Our number one priority is to provide comfortable accommodations and excellent customer service to each and every person that stays with us. It makes us very happy to hear that we have satisfied yet another guest. We look forward to seeing you in the future!

Thanks again!

mcfarlan44
Reviewed 1 October 2009

Not worth the money. Needs updating. Rude personnel. I have severe allergies to cats, however, there was one right across the hall from my room. Unfortunately, I had paid in advance and was committed to the 3-night stay.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled solo
2 Thank mcfarlan44

Travellers are raving about these Salem hotels

Garibaldi, Oregon
Reviewed 8 September 2009

I have stayed at several Shilo Inn's in Oregon, and I have to say, this was the biggest disappointment compared to my normal Shilo experiences!! This property is old, tired, and begging for a facelift. The front desk was very friendly, lobby small, and rooms were nice size. Furniture in the room--- chairs were old and stained, sheets had holes in them (appeared to be cut by scissors) along edges and bottom sheet was too small for mattress so popped off all night long. Blanket also had holes cut out of it—which made me wonder what horrible stains they were cutting out for the guests not to see. Hotel is set off main road to interstate and as such, very difficult to safely get in and out of the parking lot/driveway/strip mall location. Again, if they updated the rooms inside, the rooms would be great; they are large mini suites that badly need some refreshing. Shilo Inn's are usually a safe bet, but there are many newer and nicer hotels nearby that I wish I had stayed at... but this was for one night, on the company dime... if it were more than one night I would have spoken to the manger about the holey linens on the bed. Look elsewhere if staying in Salem, Oregon!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business
browneyes1961, Manager at Shilo Inn Suites - Salem, responded to this review, 3 December 2009
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We certainly appreciate, and rely on both positive and constructive comments. I have shared these concerns with my housekeeping department and you can be assured that the situation with the linens has been remedied. We are now in the process of replacing any linen that is worn. I do extend my sincerest apologies that this was overlooked in the room that you stayed in during your visit. I hope that you will give us another chance to provide you with our remarkable Shilo hospitality. I would like to invite you to come back to stay in one of our upgraded mini suites the next time your travels bring you to the Salem area.

Thanks again,

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 29 August 2009

Nothing special, just very average. Breakfast advertised as hot wasn't.
Just a bed.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your comments. We appreciate all of our guests that take their time to give us feedback on their experiences. Although our breakfast is a "Deluxe Continental" type, we do offer both 'make your own' Belgian waffles, and biscuits with sausage gravy. We hope that you come and visit us again in the future and give us a chance to provide you with our special Shilo hospitality. Here at the Shilo Inn Suites - Salem, OR we strive to make every guest feel welcome, special and provide them with a home away from home.

Salem, Oregon
Reviewed 13 August 2009

This is a wonderful "suite" hotel. Very clean, very large rooms and a terrific staff. The indoor pool and jacuzzi adds an even nicer touch too. Room had a very comfortable king bed, divider between the bed and comfortable sitting area and all the nice touches we needed for our stay. Terrific quality and very fair price.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business
I want to thank you for your glowing review! We are so glad that you enjoyed all of the accommodations that we have to offer here at the Shilo Inn Suites in Salem,OR. There is nothing more satisfying than knowing that we have made yet another guest's stay enjoyable. We hope to see you again when you are traveling to the Salem area!

Thanks again,

WA
Reviewed 8 August 2009

Traveled to Salem recently during a national softball tournament. I was amazed at how well the hotel contained the chaos and when expressing this to the staff was given a card directing me to your site so I could leave a review.

I was concerned about the noise level in the lobby but was assured the business section would be nice and quiet and they did not lie. My room was everything they assured me it would be...comfortable, quiet and roomy. I was even able to hold a brief meeting in the sitting area of my room.

The breakfast area was a bit congested in the morning but the short wait was well worth the hot waffles and biscuits and gravy.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a clean spacious room at an affordable cost. Their motto is "affordable excellence" and in my opionion they achieved that.

Stayed July 2009, travelled on business
browneyes61, Manager at Shilo Inn Suites - Salem, responded to this review, 24 August 2009
From everyone here at the Shilo Inn Suites - Salem we thank you for your great review and positive comments. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We strive to provide comfortable accommodations and outstanding service to every Shilo guest. We hope to see you again in the future when your travels bring you back to the Salem area.

Pam – General Manager