“Remodel in progress”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #11 of 24 Hotels in Salem
Reviewed 1 June 2017

We were not advised of the remodeling going on when we made our reservations.
The outside of the building was in a state of torn and replaced siding, which was not a big deal, but the hallway entrance was dirty, and smelled of sweat.
There was a construction worker outside of our room with a sawhorse and siding on it, using a circular saw. Noisy, the curtains were the thin see through type, and the sun-blocking curtains were only 4 feet wide and couldn't close for privacy.
Not in the best area of town.
The bed was comfortable to me, but not for my wife.
Lots of noise overhead from the room above.
Woke me up at 2:30 A.M.
I give them three stars only because I understand remodel.
Did not feel safe here.
Needless to say, probably won't be back.
Staff was polite.
(Did not stick around long enough to check out the breakfast!)

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Fazzu
There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn & Suites

Reviewed 31 May 2017

This was our second stay in this hotel. We were in room 312 which had two queen beds. The room was a mix of new and old. Clean and comfortable. Staff were friendly, beds/pillows nice. Breakfast decent. Good on and off from the I-5. You really don't hear freeway noise but you sure here anyone above you and it is really bad if someone is out in the hallway. Only two issues I had and that was that there was hair on the shower wall and the odd arm chair that didn't fit in with the room decor was showing it's stuffing. Otherwise nice enough, had a indoor pool which we didn't use but a nice feature especially if you have kids. The total room cost was $152.00 including a $1.50 charge for the safe that wasn't used. A bit overpriced we thought for what we got. Saying that would still stay here as it is adjacent to the Newport Seafood Grill that has a good happy hour.

Room Tip: Room 312 faces the freeway but far enough away as to not be an issue noise wise.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
manager431, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2017

Thank you for staying with us. We are glad that you decided to stay with us again. We apologize for the noise. We have shown your response to our housekeepers and they will be implamenting appropriate measures to make sure we provide clean rooms. We are in the process of a major remodel so we do apologize if a chair got left behind in the room. All our furniture is brand new and we did miss the chair. Thank you and we will see you next time you are in Salem.

Reviewed 24 May 2017

One thing I love about staying at Comfort Suites is the spacious rooms. The staff is friendly and helpful.

You will find useful amenities such as an exercise room, a computer and fax desk and of course a hearty choice of breakfast items.

When in Salem Oregon make Comfort Suites your home away from home!

Room Tip: Just about any room is quiet because of the sound proofing built into each room.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 May 2017 via mobile

I was pleasantly surprised to find such a nice, clean hotel at a very reasonable price which included breakfast.

Very comfortable beds. Very nice staff. I will stay here during my next visit to Salem.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 April 2017

6 year Diamond Member: Booked 1 King room on 4-17 through Choice website. Room double booked for some reason. Was not made aware 2 rooms were booked upon check in by Riz Abid using ID "rabid". Was charged full price for 2nd room as a "No Show". Once I found out the following week looking at my expense report I called hotel twice for resolution, did not receive a call back. Called the next day to follow up. Spoke with Assistant Manager Josue Alpig who stated that she spoke with GM about issue and I would have to call Choice directly for them to authorize a refund. I advised her that any problem with hotel booking or charges are not done through Choice but through the hotel itself. She again insisted. Called Choice to log formal complaint and investigation into issue. When Choice reached out to Josue, she stated that it is hotel policy to not refund no show charges, though that is not what I was told when I spoke to her. This is an extremely frustrating situation. This is not how a business should be handling any customer of their franchise let alone a loyal member of 6 years.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 March 2017 via mobile

This was perhaps our 5th stay at this property. The location can't be beat. Next to freeway, dining, and refueling. Very clean, large room, excellent bed, nice staff and breakfast. The drawback is road noise and it matters not whether you stay on the freeway side or not. This visit we were met with a new, undisclosed charge! They are now charging 3% if you pay by credit charge. I complained but it fell on deaf ears. This hotel needs to disclose this to its patrons. Now that I know it I may well chose to stay elsewhere. It isn't a fair charge. Raise the room rate if you need the $. Essentially everyone pays by credit card.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 February 2017 via mobile

Had a comfy time at the hotel. staff nice and friendly. rooms clean and nicely furnished. close to costco and restaurants. pretty pool so bring your swimsuit. breakfast was very good and all the items typically you get but nice and warm

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple