***DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND STAY SOMEPLACE ELSE!***
There are much better places to stay on the same street and same block!
This motel has the most unprofessional and under-qualified staff I have EVER encountered. I am still in utter disbelief.
When we returned at 2:00 this afternoon after a morning excursion, our room had not been cleaned. Okay, not a big deal. I called the front desk and asked for it to be cleaned, and was told that someone would be up. Went out again for about an hour, and returned to find the room still had not been touched. Still okay, but getting concerned because I know housekeeping staff only works until late afternoon in this kind of establishment.
Called to the front desk again, and was again told that someone would be up. Wife called a half hour later to remind them. Still nothing. Left the hotel at 4:00 PM and stopped by the front desk to ask them yet again to clean the room. The front desk clerk looked confused, but said "Okay."
Well, we returned back to the room at 8:00 PM, and guess what. Still not clean! Called the front desk and got transferred to a "manager" who apologized and said someone would be up to clean. We went out, and returned at 10:30 PM, to find one of the beds quickly made, and the other bed had the sheets pulled up, but the blanket was on the floor. There were absolutely NO towels in the room, and NO Kleenex. The bathroom had not been touched.
I called the front desk again, and was told that all the towels were in the dryer, and it would be a few more minutes. About 15 minutes later, someone showed up with bath towels, but no hand towels or washcloths. She asked if everything was ok, and I lost it on her. She was offended that I was upset, and said she did not appreciate MY attitude. She said, "Have a good night," and walked away. I let the door close behind her, baffled by her attitude.
After gaining my composure, I walked down the hall and found her standing by the elevators. She then said she didn't appreciate me slamming the door on her! Now, she was accusing the customer of doing wrong. The hotel staff didn't do anything wrong, it is the customer's fault that my room wasn't cleaned after numerous requests. She said she had nothing else to say, told me her name, and said I could speak to the general manager in the morning (which I certainly will, as I am writing this from my motel room. But, I am not expecting anything will be done).
This is the first and LAST time I will ever stay at a La Quinta establishment. I am not one to complain, but this experience went way overboard. There is nothing about this "motel" that should make anyone want to stay here, unless you prefer mediocrity at best. The Marriott Residence Inn, and the Hampton Inn and Suites are on the same street and comparably priced. The La Quinta is definitely two steps below the other establishments on the same block. Absolutely no reason to stay here!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 100% Non Smoking Hotel Welcome to the La Quinta Inn & Suites Salem OR. Our friendly hotel is located just off I-5 and minutes from Oregon's capitol building. Whether your stay is for business or pleasure, we are sure to have everything you'll need to make your stay in the Salem area a memora...See moreble one. We are 2 miles for Bush House Park, Historic Downtown Salem, the Oregon State Fairgrounds, Willamette University and the Oregon State Capital. Salem AASF - McNary Field, the Salem Armory, the Salem Conference Center and Corban University are around 3 miles from the hotel. Our hotel is conveniently located by many business areas and we have comfortable guest rooms to let you finish up the last few work item. Our complementary Wi-Fi in your room or around the hotel will make it easy to stay in touch with the rest of your team. We have a great Business Center and also have Meeting Space so you can bring your team here to finish up the project. In town to visit the Capital or go downtown? After a day of site seeing or visiting you can relax and unwind in our great guest rooms. You can take a dip in our Indoor Pool or work of the stress in our Fitness Center. Family coming together? We can host them here in our meeting room. After a long day you can relax in your room or grab a bite to eat in one of the nearby restaurants. Get a great night sleep and wake up on the Bright Side in our comfortable guest rooms with all the comforts of home. Relax on our Pillow Top Mattresses while you watch your favorite programs on our 32" Flat Screen HD TV's with Premium Cable Channels. Refrigerators and Microwaves are in all our guest rooms with all the amenities you expect from a La Quinta. Ask for details on our Whirlpool Tub Suites. Start off your day with our complementary Bright Side Breakfast with items like Hot and Cold Cereals, Fresh Fruit, Yogurt, Pastries and Bagels. We also have hot items like Scrambled Eggs, Bacon or Sausage with Biscuits and Gravy. Our almost famous La Quinta Waffles go great with all you can drink Coffee, and assorted Juices. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, LaQuinta, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity.ca, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your La Quinta Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta Inn Suites Salem Hotel Salem
- Holiday Inn Salem
- Salem Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Salem