“Incompetent and Rude Staff”

La Quinta Inn & Suites
Ranked #5 of 23 Hotels in Salem
Seattle, Washington
“Incompetent and Rude Staff”
Reviewed 18 May 2012

***DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND STAY SOMEPLACE ELSE!***

There are much better places to stay on the same street and same block!

This motel has the most unprofessional and under-qualified staff I have EVER encountered. I am still in utter disbelief.

When we returned at 2:00 this afternoon after a morning excursion, our room had not been cleaned. Okay, not a big deal. I called the front desk and asked for it to be cleaned, and was told that someone would be up. Went out again for about an hour, and returned to find the room still had not been touched. Still okay, but getting concerned because I know housekeeping staff only works until late afternoon in this kind of establishment.

Called to the front desk again, and was again told that someone would be up. Wife called a half hour later to remind them. Still nothing. Left the hotel at 4:00 PM and stopped by the front desk to ask them yet again to clean the room. The front desk clerk looked confused, but said "Okay."

Well, we returned back to the room at 8:00 PM, and guess what. Still not clean! Called the front desk and got transferred to a "manager" who apologized and said someone would be up to clean. We went out, and returned at 10:30 PM, to find one of the beds quickly made, and the other bed had the sheets pulled up, but the blanket was on the floor. There were absolutely NO towels in the room, and NO Kleenex. The bathroom had not been touched.

I called the front desk again, and was told that all the towels were in the dryer, and it would be a few more minutes. About 15 minutes later, someone showed up with bath towels, but no hand towels or washcloths. She asked if everything was ok, and I lost it on her. She was offended that I was upset, and said she did not appreciate MY attitude. She said, "Have a good night," and walked away. I let the door close behind her, baffled by her attitude.

After gaining my composure, I walked down the hall and found her standing by the elevators. She then said she didn't appreciate me slamming the door on her! Now, she was accusing the customer of doing wrong. The hotel staff didn't do anything wrong, it is the customer's fault that my room wasn't cleaned after numerous requests. She said she had nothing else to say, told me her name, and said I could speak to the general manager in the morning (which I certainly will, as I am writing this from my motel room. But, I am not expecting anything will be done).

This is the first and LAST time I will ever stay at a La Quinta establishment. I am not one to complain, but this experience went way overboard. There is nothing about this "motel" that should make anyone want to stay here, unless you prefer mediocrity at best. The Marriott Residence Inn, and the Hampton Inn and Suites are on the same street and comparably priced. The La Quinta is definitely two steps below the other establishments on the same block. Absolutely no reason to stay here!

Room Tip: The Marriott Residence Inn and Hampton Inn and Suites are superior properties for a comparable price...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank blakecam

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Costa Mesa, California
Reviewed 28 November 2011

This was our second visit to this property. We have family in Salem and this La Quinta is in a great location for all the things we want to do while there. We were upgraded to a suite and found it very pleasant. Even though it is close to the freeway and right behind a Costco it was nice and quiet and I am a very light sleeper. A great variety of food for their complementary breakfast kept us satisfied until lunch.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank deggs
Reviewed 23 October 2011

My wife and I really enjoy the La Quinta chain of hotels and try to stay when possible. We came to a conference in Salem and stayed one night at the La Quinta in Salem, which is near the airport and not too far from downtown. The person who checked us in was very helpful and actually read my request to have a quiet room - we were put on top floor away from traffic noise, which is what we wanted. The bed was comfortable and all the amenities worked great. The price was very fair - just make sure you have a discount for AAA or AARP. You will find it worth it. The breakfast is hot with many varieties of fruits, eggs, juices, etc. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: The top floor is very quiet. We stayed in room 409 which worked great for us.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Bend, Oregon
Reviewed 27 September 2011

This hotel needs updated. It still has old tube tvs, ac/heat and poor shower fixures.

• Stayed September 2011
Bellevue, Washington
Reviewed 26 September 2011

The initial key did not work, but the staff was helpful in solving the issue. The breakfast was fine. I was on the third floor, and could hear people in the room above me walking.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business