“Dinner ”

Price range: US$10 - US$20
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

We have gone to the Tollgate Inn for years. We always loved the Meatloaf and the Chicken Pot Pie. Everything tasted fresh and homemade. A couple of years ago we began to notice the prices were going up and the quality was going downhill. The pastry on the chicken pot pie seems like the frozen type and the chucks of chicken and the cream sauce do not taste the same. Tonight my husband ordered the meatloaf. He got one tiny slice that looked like a child’s portion for $12.00. We are so disappointed. What the heck happened? The use to be our favorite restaurant. Not anymore we are done trying to be happy and satisfied there.

2  Thank Debbie L

Reviewed March 4, 2018

Full of mountain history, the Toll Gate is favored by locals and a fantastic stop for those touring the area. Great food, drink and gift shop.

Reviewed January 31, 2018

Stopped in on our way out of town for breakfast. The omelets are huge and could have easily shared it. Coffee was good, had to flag down our server for refills and the check. Food was good, the servers could use a little training. Interior has a great family vibe to it and is cute. Menus has quite a few items on it - some prices are high, but we thought breakfasts meal reasonable.

Reviewed January 14, 2018 via mobile

We found this Restaurant on our way to pick up a dresser. We decided on having breakfast. My husband had the Ribeye steak & I had the country fried steak breakfast. The steak was cooked to perfection and the country fried steak was tender and so fresh! Gravy was real down home country gravy. All the food was hot and just so delicious!!! Our hostess was very friendly & hospitable. Our server Paige was incredible! She knew just what to suggest, was most helpful and just so pleasant. Paige went over above & beyond. Even when we asked for a container for our fur babies water we had in the truck, she stated she had the perfect container and brought it out filled with water (even though we had water in the truck for her) and wrote a cute note woof woof on the top. It was just such a wonderful experience all around we can’t wait to go back and the trip is well worth it!!! So if you get a chance definitely go try this place. You won’t be disappointed. Btw even bought some Marionberry Jam and is scrumptious!!! A must try!

Reviewed December 15, 2017

Wow.....this place surprised me. The decor and outside "cottage" appeal drew us in on a recent trip. Truth be told I've wanted to stop by forever (the outside reminds me of the shops in Wisconsin Dells) but was always traveling with a group that was "destination-oriented" (perhaps your husband is like this? LOL). Anyhow, on a recent trip to Portland to hear Handel's Messiah; I finally got my chance to stop in. The inside was decorated with various memorabilia of the past but avoided the kitschy feel that often comes with that look. The service was warm and inviting but not overly intrusive. Last but absolutely, not least - the food was delicious. I mean, curl up in a warm blanket and watch the fire delicious! We started off with the Hungarian mushroom soup (I assume the addition of paprika is the "Hungarian" part of the dish). It was so good I almost licked the bowl. Then, we splurged on the brisket stuffed potato skins.......they were so amazing we literally kept telling each other how awesome they were, in between stuffing our faces and eyeing the last potato skin rather possessively. By the time the main dishes came out (the Chicken Strips and French Dip) we were nearly stuffed - but we "manfully" dug in and polished off most of our food. We didn't try dessert as we would have burst but I definitely intend to wend my way there again.....in fact it might even become our next destination!