“Consistent food and service”

Ixtapa Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 29 Restaurants in Scappoose
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed August 16, 2017

We have eaten here 30 plus times and while it is not the greatest Mexican food I have ever eaten it is very good. We have tried many items on the menu and all have been well prepared and tasty. The service is always excellent and friendly, the drinks good too. Their chips could be a little tastier for me but they keep the bowl filled up and they offer a hot and a mild sauce for each table. Their is a couple of Mexican restaurants in St Helens where we live but we always drive past them to go to Ixtapa.
Not what I would call the real authentic Mexican food but very good and all at very reasonable prices.

1  Thank Jeff C

Reviewed July 12, 2017 via mobile

I love Ixtapa! The people r so friendly n the food is great! They also have a great happy hour! They also have great drinks n occasionally they have wonderful entertainment! Great place to celebrate a birthday!

Reviewed June 24, 2017

Four for mid week lunch.We all liked our dishes,service and
the reasonable prices for the quality and quantity of food.
Strip mall location with good parking.My lunch entree of shredded
beef enchilada was one of the best I have ever experienced.

Reviewed January 30, 2017

Always a great experience here. I had a chicken in cream sauce, delightful. Have never had bad experience here, Always friendly staff, and great food. We'll be back. It's also a great place for a group to go, very accommodating.

Reviewed January 28, 2017 via mobile

My husband and I eat Mexican food once a week and this place was the worst! Service was mediocre but food was horrific! I had steak tacos on hard shells and the steak tasted like fish! I sent the food back and they did not credit our bill. My husband had a chicken quesadilla that presented itself more as a cheese quesadilla, little chicken. The soda tasted as if the syrup had run out and the margarita tasted like it was out of a can. My heart goes out to the people of the area if they think this is how Mexican food should taste!

3  Thank tlrecknor