All reviews beach toys room key wine glasses board games family vacation shops and restaurants dvd player oregon coast would definitely stay here again stayed nights cookies living room home away from home convention center get away ruth office
Reviewed August 6, 2017

My girlfriend and I stayed in the "Sweet Retreat" room at the Hillcrest Inn and were very happy with our stay. There are two separate rooms, one for sleeping, and the other for watching movies. There are a bunch of classic DVDs in the office that are free to borrow so we watched Spider-Man :) There is also a nice little view of the ocean from the room. The location is perfect because it's less than a 5 minute walk to the beach one way, and to Seaside's main strip the other way.

Ruth went above and beyond to make us feel at home during our stay. She is one of the most generous people I have ever met, and inspired me to be a better person. One night we were going to have a fire on the beach, she offered us wine glasses so we didn't have to drink out of the bottle. She also lent us her BBQ lighter so we could start our fire easier. As we walked out of the office I dropped the bundle of fire wood we bought, so she went and grabbed me her personal wood-bundle bag. Truly amazing.

I will definitely be recommending the Hillcrest Inn to all of my friends who visit the Oregon Coast :)

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Taylor_McElwain
Ruth S, Guest Relations Manager at Hillcrest Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2017

Hello, Taylor & Taylor

Thank you for your very sweet and kind comments. We are happy when our "Hillcrest Family" feels at home and welcomed. We are thrilled you enjoyed Seaside and that our location worked well for your visit. We hope to see you the next time you visit Seaside and wish you many happy travels.

Best regards, Ruth

P.s. It's the wonderful guests (like you) that make our day!

Reviewed August 5, 2017 via mobile

Comfortable accommodations a short walk from the beach. Sauna, picnic tables & grills outside, friendly hosts. Wonderful place for a family vacation. Easy to walk anywhere in town & to boardwalk. Highly recommended!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Hello, Freespirit134

Thank you for your kind comments and we are happy you enjoyed your stay. We love it when our guests feel at home and hope we get to see you again at your Seaside home.
Our location is often commented on by our visitors and we are happy to be a few steps away from the beach and other attractions in Seaside.

Happy Travels and thank you again,

Ruth

Reviewed July 16, 2017

The Hillcrest Inn is an average quality property in an ideal location with wonderful staff at an exceptional price. Given the high prices of most rooms in Seaside during the summer, the Hillcrest Inn will remain the standard choice for my wife and me whenever we visit the town. The rooms are a bit dowdy but are roomy and clean and are in the process of being updated. The staff are kind and helpful to their guests and quietly help less fortunate people in the area.

Room Tip: We tried a room with a spa once and decided that it tended to get in the way.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HappyCoupleNM
Ruth S, Guest Relations Manager at Hillcrest Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2017

Thank you for your kind and sweet remarks. We appreciate your feedback and are happy you noticed our updates. Our location is often remarked upon and we are always pleased when we are able to share our love of Oregon and Seaside.

We wish you many happy travels and hope to see you again.

Reviewed May 30, 2017

Minor mishap my first night, not the room I had booked. Ruth was very accommodating and got me in the room the very next day. Not a complaint what so ever. I enjoyed the close proximity to the beach and the bonfires. Ruth gave me some wood, fire starter and the use of a dolly to lug it all to the beach. I day tripped to Portland and Cannon Beach. Was great to come back to this little place.

Next time I would love to book one of the little cottages.

See you again and thank you

Melyssa
Cedar
Olive

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Ruth S, Guest Relations Manager at Hillcrest Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2017

Hello, Melyssa

Thank you for your kind comments and we are happy you enjoyed your stay. We also thank you for working with us to ensure all our guests have a comfortable stay. We hope we get to show you the comforts of our cottages the next time you are in Seaside. Many of our guests do enjoy our location and we would love to suggest more fun day trips for you from the Hillcrest Inn. Thank you again and it's Hillcrest family like you that makes our days great!

Reviewed May 23, 2017

We've stayed here 3 times, most recently May 19-21st, 2017. They've updated #105 cottage which is the one we've stayed in before. We love Ruth and staff-they are so friendly and provide anything you need. The room has an a/c, fireplace and is very homey. The office has snacks everyday-popcorn, hot chocolate, coffee, pastries, cookies, oatmeal, hot water for tea. They let you borrow DVD's at no charge.
The 2 queen beds were very comfortable (big deal for me as a traveler). They have a large outdoor area to bbq, play games, or sit and relax. They also allow dogs in #105.

You can call or book online with them without having to go through a 3rd party and they don't extra cleaning or booking fees. Their rates are always lower than anyone in Seaside.

One of their best features is that you can walk to the beach in 2 minutes, and they are only 2 minutes from the boardwalk, Dooger's, Pig N Pancake, Norma's (best clam chowder and crab legs) and all of the shops.

Room Tip: We always stay in #105-it's on the end and they've recently updated it.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Ruth S, Guest Relations Manager at Hillcrest Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2017

Hello, Portlandcitygirl

We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay. Our homespun hospitality and location make it easy to visit Seaside and we love when our Hillcrest families returns. Looking forward to your next visit.