All reviews no elevator gas fireplace south end quiet end ocean view coffee maker third floor room was clean u street easy access to the beach get away wine glasses mini fridge stayed two nights top floor oceanfront room small kitchenette
Reviewed September 14, 2018

We paid $221 for a one night stay on a Friday night. This is nothing but a gloried standard hotel room. One elongated room, bed, little sitting area, standard room. They've gloried this room by telling you it's a king suite, Jacuzzi bath, fireplace. Carpets were dirty. I had sand in the sheets on my side of the bed. I told the staff the next day, response was Oh, oops. The price of this place should be more in line with a standard hotel, i.e., a lower standard chain. If they want to charge this much for a room they certainly need to do some upgrades and have a clean room. Would not recommend.

Room tip: Go somewhere else.
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 12, 2018 via mobile

I am giving a 3 star rating because the shower in our room 203 had extremely weak pressure, cold water had pressure but not the hot water. It was difficult to wash off soap. The rest was pretty good beds were comfortable and kitchen more than adequate. A screen door is needed in the living area, the bedroom in the front had one. It was quiet and the staff was very friendly and hard working. The view is nice too bad there is a parking lot on side looking out otherwise it would be spectacular. The rooms were pleasantly decorated. I especially like the photos of the local beach scenes. I would come back if water pressure fixed.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed September 2, 2018

We were greeted by very friendly check in. Our room was on the 3rd floor and had a nice view of the hills and the ocean. It's well appointed with nice beds and pleasant style. Bathroom was pretty standard but roomy. The help was very courteous when we needed our gas fireplace lit. (the pilot light was out). Over all a terrific place, but you need to know there are no elevators in this hotel and the 3rd floor walk up can get tiring. We had a handicapped woman in our party and made for a very tough stay for her. But if stairs are not a problem, then give this place that 5th star. It's clean and a beautiful beach just steps away. The main town was less than a 1/2 mile away.

Room tip: No elevators. If stairs are a problem request a room on a lower floor.
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 25, 2018

On the beach and a bit away from the center of Seaside. While you can walk the boardwalk to Seaside, the hotel has a low-key, quiet feel. Rooms are updated and clean with many amenities. Price was goo for beach front.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed August 21, 2018 via mobile

We reserved a king size room to stay one night this past weekend (Saturday through Sunday). I was going to stay inside the whole day and work on my computer, so we made sure the room had a desk and a nice view.

We called the night before our trip and reserved a room for Saturday check-in. I spoke with a hotel representative on the phone and she provided me with two options. I said I would call back because I had to discuss it with my husband. He called back in a few minutes when we decided to get the more expensive room. He spoke with that same representative and said what time I’ll be arriving that day and that I would be checking out late on Sunday. She said that was Ok, took our payment, and emailed us a reservation letter.

Without any doubt about the reservation in mind, we headed to our short weekend trip from Seattle, WA to Oregon. I dropped my husband off because he was going to go fishing with friends on a boat near the state boarder, and drove to Oregon alone, to make it to the 4pm check-in time. When I arrived at the inn, the front desk representative could not find my Saturday reservation, so I provided her with our reservation email. She pointed to the date, which to my surprise said the 19th, instead of the 18th! It didn’t even occur to me that I must check my reservation letter after I spoke with a hotel representative the night before! We clearly stated the dates we would be traveling and trusted the woman on the phone!

So what do you think their resolution was? Instead of trying to find appropriate accommodation for me via a different hotel, and paying for the difference in price (the inn was booked for that night), she only offered to refund the cost of our reservation, not immediately, but after talking to the manager. They only refunded us after my husband spoke with them again the next day.

So I was standing at their front desk and crying because I had poor reception and no Internet! There was no way for me to find a different hotel. She then agreed to call a couple hotels that looked to be available and found out the costs for me. But there was no way for me to check out how they looked nor where they were located. A nice gentleman who was also waiting at the reception desk gave me his phone so that I could check out those hotels she wrote down for me. The costs looked a lot more ($350-$400/night range) than what we paid, so I asked if they would be paying for the difference. She said yes, so I continued looking at the pictures and the map to find something appropriate. When I finally picked one and asked her to reserve that one for me (it was located far from the beach and clearly had no view), she said that I would need to call and reserve myself. I was shocked, saying, weren’t you paying for the difference in the cost, due to your mistake? And she was like, um, no, I never said that. Super rude and irresponsible! I was shocked. Behind me was forming a huge line of people checking in, and after me asking how she was going to resolve it then, she only said she would need to talk to her manager about the refund. To my question “Where am I going to stay tonight, without any reception and Internet? I got this room to finish the work I had to do on my computer and now I’m left with nothing in a small village far from home?” She only said that she needed to take care of other people first, before she was going to help me further. Honestly, I was shocked by the whole situation. I’d never experienced customer service so bad before. I just left. They were not going to take responsibility for their error and find me another place to stay, and I was not going to pay $400 for a night at a local motel she offered. I had to wait for my husband to get back from his fishing trip at a local Starbucks, the only place where I had functioning Internet, and in the evening we traveled for 3.5 hours back to Seattle. What a waste of day, energy, and mood. I wonder what would happen if we were coming from NYC? Would we need to fly back at the end of the day? This is nonsense.

To speak of the inn, it is VERY dated, unlike some of the pictures show. We are used to much better service and hotels, so clearly we won’t ever be coming back to that sh*thole. I don’t know what people do there. Dead town, everything closes at 5 pm, cold and windy ocean, absolutely nothing to do.

Date of stay: August 2018