“A trip to the 50s”

Sisters Motor Lodge
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Sisters
Reviewed 8 October 2011

At the end of a long road trip through the Western states, this was such a sweet place where we would have liked to linger a few more days. I would recommend this very highly if you like homeyness, cleanliness, quiet, instead of a sterile, nondescript hotel room. We liked the proximity to downtown, lattes, shops, food. Even though there was not a refrigerator in the room, we were able to put our cooler items in a community freezer/ refrigerator. Our cottage would also be great for traveling with another couple or single as there were two bedrooms, and a small sitting area in the larger bedroom...interesting magazines/books. Very, very welcoming. We only wished we had brought an English visitor this summer. It would have been a lovely Americana experience for her.

Room Tip: We liked our cottage which was as far as possible from the highway. Very quiet, considering that the...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 27 September 2011

A friend and I dropped into Sisters off the PCT to resupply and detour around the fire a few weeks ago. The owner was very hospitable and the room was clean and neatly decorated. (You won't find any big chain hotels that have stuffed animals on the bed, books to read, a screen door, hammocks to relax in, and an immaculate flower garden - all in the small town, beautiful mountain setting). It was more like staying in someone's guest room than being in an "hotel". All in all it was a very pleasant experience.

Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank travelbud89
Reviewed 27 September 2011

i came into sisters late on a sunday night and remembered this motorlodge from travels years ago. i had taken a weekend class in bend and was so beautifully worn out, i was hoping to find reasonable accomodations in sisters, or else it would mean traveling 2.5 hrs to portland late into the night. they were able to fit me and my dog in! and the front desk woman was kind and funny, and very helpful with reccommendations for dinner.
sisters is a wonderful place, and if you are traveling and hope to stay there, please keep in mind: it's a bit of a botique town, tho it's little and on the road to / from bend.... it's pricey to stay and play. and sooooo worth it! the people of the town are cheerful and helpful and seem truly happy to see you. would recommend sisters, or to anyone wishing to get away in a place with comfort and spunk!, and sisters travelodge to anyone wanting clean, comfortable lodging in a beautiful place.

Room Tip: pet rooms are limited, please keep this in mind. and it's an extra $15/night.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank auntchrissy
Reviewed 25 September 2011

There are so many little touches to this place that I'd say it was a combination job and hobby for a retired person. Got a nice two bed room suite at a reasonable rate. Clean and quiet, got a good rest.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank BJ_Summers
Reviewed 23 September 2011

when we arrived mary was out for a walk and gladly cut it short to see to our needs.
we stayed in room 9 right on the corner 2 big windows with a real wooden front screen.
the bed was terrific and the decor took us back to an easier and friendlier sort of era...
the room was quiet the hammocks were a plus and the cleanliness of the room was great.
we were only short (5 min.) walk to downtown and the room stayed really cool with just the windows open. no need for the a.c. we will definetly stay there on our next trip to sisters.
really personable with both service and dining tips...thanx mary.

Room Tip: i would go for the corner rooms 9 is my preferance, close to the hammocks in the shade and a great...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank kmw2729
Reviewed 20 August 2011

Terrible customer service from the owner. Prices and policies changed, depending on who I spoke to. My debit card was charged incorrectly and when I called after, asking for an adjustment- I was told I was "not worth his time" and that they were a "mom & pop organization, not a corporation" so they could not afford it? Excuse me?! After questioning this customer service approach I was told to go back to the city and hung up on. Huh? I'm confused and out my money due to some still unknown "fee"!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 July 2011

I've tried to stay here twice, but won't try again because the service is so awful. The first time was three years ago, and I showed up and asked if they had any of their pet friendly rooms available. They hemmed and hawed for almost an hour, making phone calls and looking in the reservation book and thinking about it. It seems they had a room, they just couldn't decide if it was pet friendly or not. Eventually they told me, 'No, we don't really want your dog here.' (nice, clean dog- they didn't even meet her.) I don't mind a 'no' answer, but I have no idea why it took so long to decide.

The next time I tried to stay here was last month. I made a one night reservation a month in advance. The very next day, I called up to cancel that reservation and change it to a different day. Well I sure got an earful! The woman on the phone mistook me for someone else, and unleashed the profanities, telling me that I was not allowed to cancel the reservation 'whether the %@#(*&?!! wedding was happening or not'! I have no idea what wedding she was talking about, and told her. No apologies, nothing. She just said, ok, the room is canceled. I didn't bother to rebook the days I still needed.

The other thing that bugged me was the misleading rates. On the website, it said summer rates start at $89 for a basic room depending on dates. I figured it might be a few dollars higher on a weekend. Well, those rooms are $145 on weekends, which I think is a significant enough difference to be mentioned on the vague rate sheet that they have online.

I think these guys have an 'only game in town' complex, and don't mind being rude since they have more business than they know what to do with during summer. Do yourself a favor and stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank CamperVanPortland
SMLodge, Owner at Sisters Motor Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2011

This review/reviewer baffles me on two counts: 1.)that the reviewer did not actually stay at my Lodge and 2.) because I can say with utmost certainty that no matter how exhausted I get during the hectic summer months, I have never and will never use profanity to anyone. I am however, deeply sorry that this reviewer had a "rude" experience contacting any business in my community.
I receive innumerable comments about how exceptionally guest friendly my town is to it's summer influx of visitors. Hospitality and welcoming folks to my town is my business and I am committed to doing my job to the very best of my ability.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sisters
0.9 km away
Wall Street Suites
#1 of 44 in Bend
23.6 km away
The Lodge at Eagle Crest

Been to Sisters Motor Lodge? Share your experiences!