“Peace among the pines”

Best Western Ponderosa Lodge
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Sisters
Reviewed 22 September 2011

This was a very nice motor lodge. Bathroom was great. Two sinks. Can't get better than that. Pet friendly and they have beautiful green lawn but dogs had to be leashed. I understand the leash business, but after a dog has been in a car all day, it would be nice to let them run and stretch their legs without pulling a tired human along with them.

There are newer reviews for Best Western Ponderosa Lodge

Reviewed 20 September 2011

We stopped in at this motel to check it out for a reservation made for next year and can't wait to go back. You feel as though you are comfortably camped in the forest, rather than in a chain hotel on a busy highway. The staff were friendly, helpful with local information, and efficient, and the decor is absolutely charming. The free ample breakfast is served in a barnwood adorned area furnished with creatively made furniture and with llamas grazing outside the window. We liked the ample space in our room and the log accents that decorated it. It was clean and comfortable, and is in easy walking distance of downtown Sisters.

Reviewed 12 September 2011

We had a lovely stay at the Ponderosa; I only have one complaint. We had asked for a suite, as we were travelling with my 87-year-old mother in law. When I booked the room, I asked very clearly whether the bedroom was separated from the living room (with a pull-out bed), and I was assured it was. So, I was disappointed to discover that the room, while separate, had no door, but instead a 6-foot wide opening to the rest of the unit. This made for less privacy than I would have liked. Otherwise, the room was large and quite lovely, with fireplace and spa-like bathroom. The free breakfast is quite adequate, too. My only other complaint, which is common in a lot of high-end hotels, is the opening between the tub and the rest of the unit. I don't know who likes to lie in a tub and look out at the rest of their hotel room, but I don't! Pillows are too hard/big, too.

Reviewed 7 September 2011

Room was very clean and updated. Very handicapped friendly with wide doors and bath. Room has large bathroom with separate whirlpool tub, kitchenette, king bed and sleeper sofa, fireplace. Balcony looks over pasture with alpaca. Very quiet. Reasonable price.

Reviewed 26 August 2011

We stay here when we stay in Sisters, usually around once a year. Last year, we made advance reservations and stayed in a suite and had a wonderful experience. This year, our stay was spontaneous, and our reservation was made en route from another destination. Because this last-minute reservation was a 'first' for us, that from-the-road service is what I'd like to review. In short, the service was exceptional. The person I spoke to, Amber, worked with me to determine the type, location, and price of the room (pulled up our records from last year, detailed all the options currently available) and guaranteed us a room by check-in time, with the offer to call my cellphone if the room should become available earlier. Knowing we had a room in our favorite motel in the busy end-of-summer season, we were able to relax and enjoy Sisters. As soon as we'd finished some shopping and lunch (fabulous from-scratch soup at the Russian woman's deli!!!), the call came that our room was ready. In short, the service exceeded my expectations. I truly did not expect our room to be ready early (the motel had been booked solid the night before), and knowing how busy they were at the motel, I wasn't sure anyone would have (or take) the time to call me. It was such a pleasant surprise when they did!
We continue to be so impressed by the service ethic at this motel. We will be back!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 August 2011

The rooms are big, best to stay on top floor as you can hear footsteps on lower floor. The grounds are well kept, dogs are allowed, movies to check out. Staff were helpful, and did I say clean!

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank Londina2
Reviewed 23 August 2011

We love it there and just wish we could stay more often.....
The Western deco is wonderful, the management is great & the breakfast is super even though it can get very crowded.

Room Tip: Be sure to tell them you need WIFI as not all rooms work with it.
  • Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sisters
2.3 km away
35.1 km away
Holiday Motel
Holiday Motel
#12 of 44 in Bend

Been to Best Western Ponderosa Lodge? Share your experiences!