Cousin's Country Inn
Celilo Inn(The Dalles)
US$109
US$76
US$149
Motel 6 The Dalles(The Dalles)
US$66
The Dalles Inn(The Dalles)
US$109
Budget Inn Motel(The Dalles)
US$89
The Lyle Hotel(Lyle)(Great Value!)
US$110
US$104
TripAdvisor
All reviewsthe barnkeurig coffee makerattached restauranttacohome cookingroom was cleangreat place to staycinnamon rollsgreat stopcousins restaurantcar showcookiesnice stayfriendly serviceroad tripeasy accessoregon coast
Reviewed February 6, 2012

I stayed for one night at the end of January. I stayed in the newer section of the hotel and was pleasantly surprised by my room which even came equipped with a small fireplace. When I checked in I was pleasantly surprised by how courteous and helpful the desk clerk (Jenna) was. Leaving in California, I had long given up on getting good customer service. Jenna was a welcome change from what I have become accustomed to. Had breakfast in their restaurant which was also outstanding. This was my first trip to The Dalles and was delighted with my accommodations.

Room Tip: Ask for something in their newest section
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed January 29, 2012

We enjoy the Gorge and the area around The Dalles. We often stay at another motel which we have also reviewed and we frequent most often, however, we opted to check out Cousin's for a bit of variety.

We were happy that we only stayed one night, not luxury with amenities like where we normally stay in The Dalles. Certainly there were no afternoon wine tastings after we checked in! They are dog friendly, however not as much as we are accustomed to. They do have an excellent "potty" area for the dogs. Which was appreciated! Also a nice area to walk. We walked a couple miles that day up towards the homes and surrounding neighborhoods to the south.

The room wasn't the type to "hang out" in. It was fine for sleep (when the kids weren't playing upstairs). We appreciate a nice room with a view and a place to sit and play some cards and enjoy a glass of wine.

They, like other hotels have specific "dog" rooms. We travel with Standard Poodles, well groomed, clean and quiet.

It was a bit noisy, mostly with people coming and going throughout the evening and into the night. There is a restaurant attached to the motel, so expect traffic noise. There were loud kids, jumping around the room above us. MUCH noisier than our dogs ever thought of being.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. Thank you, all! The cookie offer on check-in was a nice treat, too!

I had never played lottery poker, but there was no one else around playing, so put in $1 and got $7 back the first play. Second play was another $1 and got back $8! Okay. Maybe I'll play again someday.

You can't miss the hotel, it's right off the freeway. Great place to stay for a through trip...not so much, in our opinion, if you are hanging around to enjoy the Gorge!

We will be heading back to our normal motel in the future, but in all it was a good overnight stay for a "motel" and will not fault them for that. You get what you pay for.

Room Tip: They have nice "dog" rooms on the ground floor and a dog room area very close.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sued1955
Reviewed October 31, 2011

We stayed at Cousin's for one night and had a great stay. We stayed in a "barn room" and it was very nicely decorated with a fireplace and comfortable bed, large screen TV, etc. and it was very comfortable. We had dinner at the restaurant and it was very good as well, prime rib that was delicious for a very reasonable price.

Room Tip: We stayed in a "barn room" and it was excellent. Nice decor, comfortable surroundings and great amenities.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed October 16, 2011

Had a lovely evening stay over. The room was beautiful and loved the shower! Felt very safe and at home. Had a good breakfast and the motel staff was so helpful.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed October 14, 2011

Besides them trying to put hold on my credit card aprox. 7 times, they were unprofessional when handling my problems with these charges. Which is too bad because my family and I, And my fiance's family and her have eaten here for years and thought of it as a family place. This is the first time I have ever stayed in the hotel, and last time I will ever return. And none of family or friends will return either.

Room Tip: Don't Bother
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple