“Best Fish & Chips!!”

Thirsty Lion at Washington Square
Reserve with OpenTable
Thirsty Lion at Washington Square is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 192 Restaurants in Tigard
Price range: US$12 - US$29
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Greenburg
Transit: TriMet serves the Washington Square Mall area.
Description: Thirsty Lion is an entirely new pub experience. We offer a wide range of menu options, exceptional service and great music.
Reviewed September 17, 2018

We stopped by for lunch for the first time and were really impressed with the freshness and high quality of food. We had the fish & chips which had the best breading I've ever had. It was crispy but really light and not greasy. We also had the street fish tacos, the bacon mac & cheese and the gochujang bbq pork & kimchi fried rice. Everything was really yummy. We will definitely be back next time we are in the area.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed September 6, 2018 via mobile

My wife visited this place with friends a while ago and since then she insisted me to go. However, I thought it was not for families and was going to get disappointed with the food.

Surprise is that it’s kids friendly!!!!! They provide nice stuff for kids to paint and they have dishes for toddlers as well (simple and small portions) We have a 2 year old and 1 year old.. they had a great time. We ordered some chicken nuggets for them. Oh and they also have high chairs

My grilled salmon was amazing!! I ate it all

The final check was high... around $50 but worth every dollar

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed September 3, 2018 via mobile

My family went for a Sunday night dinner. I was especially interested in their beer cheese soup. I had just went the week before to Stanford's in Hillsboro and loved the soup. I believe it's their Tuesday soup of the week. Anyway, theirs was outstanding. This is a menu staple for them. I enjoyed their version but in the future, Tuesday nights will be "beer cheese soup" night at Stanford's. Any other day of the week I'd hit the bar stool at the Thirsty Lion.

Reviewed August 19, 2018

Ate at the Thirsty Lion on a busy Friday night, apparently a lot of people had come over for happy hour as the place was full already at 6:15. We waited approx 15 minutes for a table, which was as-promised. We had the Fish and Chips and an order of Baja Fish Tacos. The Fish and Chips were good, very well prepared and I like the coarse-chopped Napa slaw; was jealous of the Fish Tacos as a taste from my wife's dish was very good, a bit on the spicy side with the chipolte sauce, and the side of black beans was excellent.

Reviewed August 9, 2018

We took four associates to dinner at this great restaurant for an appreciation dinner. I chose this place on the recommendation of a friend. Boy was he correct. The service is fantastic, the food was among the very best we have ever had. If you you like Fish & Chips, this is a must, soooooo good.Great selection of beer and wine.