“special evening”

Riverview Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Riverview Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 53 Restaurants in Troutdale
Price range: US$30 - US$40
Cuisines: International
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Historic Columbia River Highway
Reviewed 19 May 2015

Andrew our server was great. the guitar entertainer Zach was wonderful, very talented to listen to or have as background. Our table of 4 had to send back 2 steaks for being overcooked. after they were replaced each of our meals were excellent. the restaurant treated to our desserts. wonderful landscape and riverview!

Reviewed 15 May 2015

An extremely obese woman recommended this restaurant, which we took as a good sign: she should know where to eat..... However, not so true. While the setting along the Sandy River amidst lovely grounds and with a wonderful deck seems to be just perfect, the rest of the experience was a little sad. As a starter, the menu covers were dirty and the hostess handed them to us upside down. Small issue, but it showed a lack of attention to details. Then the waiter seemed to be trying really hard, but he hadn't been trained for service in a fine dining establishment, which is clearly what this place is trying to achieve.
Then the food came. Generally disappointing for the price point. Poor quality ingredients, unimaginative preparation and presentation. Just not worth what they are charging. I have leftovers in the frig, but can't quite bring myself to eat them - again.
This location has so much to offer - it is sad that the business there doesn't live up to their potential.

1  Thank 03Val48
Reviewed 11 May 2015

Totally worth driving out from Portland! The wait staff was exceptionally good, the guitar music by the 15 year old dude was a nice touch. We loved it and would go back again on our next visit to Multnomah and Bridal Veil falls; it's only short bit out of the way back into Portland.

Reviewed 25 April 2015

I've been to this place three or four times with my wife, and the most recent visit indicates things are on a downward slide. My mother was in town, and she wanted to eat somewhere with a nice view.

The place is beautiful and in a beautiful forested setting with floor-to-ceiling windows, surrounded by exquisite gardens, and we were greeted as usual with quite, live jazz music.

My wife continues to be a fan of the clam chowder, and she is something of an aficionado. The Caesar salad continues to delight both of us, though I strongly suspect the optional salmon fillet is farmed Atlantic salmon, which would be a sin considering we Northwesterners take great pride in our local, wild salmon...and the river just a few yards away has a salmon run in it. The fact that the menu doesn't specify the type of salmon suggests they take the cheaper option.

My dinner of steak with shrimp was a disappointment. The steak was fine; the shrimp were undercooked. The asparagus was not properly trimmed; several of the spears had the woody base of the stem still attached. Not a fan of the garlic potatoes, which were kind of gelatinous....maybe a result of too much cream, or maybe overcooked, not sure.

I would have sent the shrimp back to be cooked more thoroughly....they were edible but underdone. However, the waitress was pretty scarce. She did not come by, as per custom, and ask if our meals were okay . She did announce as passing that she would be right back with some water, but she never came back until it was time to drop the bill. It was during that exchange that I was able to pinpoint who was the source of the rather rancid BO that I had noticed from time to time as people passed by the table....it was the waitress! I've smelled some stinky people in my day, and she ranked right up there.

All of this I preferred to share with the management before posting publicly. I dutifully filled out the "Contact Us" form on the restaurant website and communicated my concerns. I have received no response.

5  Thank Andrew D
Reviewed 22 April 2015

A beautiful restaurant with great food. This is elegant dining and a great place to impress that special someone. The music can be a little loud as it bounces around the hard surfaces so if you have a larger group ask for a table away from the music. Outside seating is wonderful on the warmer days.

Never had a meal I didn't like. Servings are generous (share your dessert) and they have always been willing to accommodate dietary needs or preferences. The seasonal crisp is a wonderful dessert.

Bradford is my favorite server, a good balance between attentive and understanding we can to visit and good service isn't about constant interruptions,

I will continue to go back.