Review Highlights
Beautiful pristine beach

Very beautiful, pristine and quite beach. The location is very isolated and natural. My husband... read more

Reviewed May 20, 2018
Joy L
via mobile
Lagoon Trail at Siltcoos Lake is Great!

It was too windy for us to be on the beach, so we decided to check out nearby lakes and trails. The... read more

Reviewed July 14, 2017
KBallOregon
Oregon

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed August 15, 2015

his resort has been under new management since May. They have done wonders creating a resort that is one of the best experiences at an RV park that I have had. The new owners and their family are super friendly, and go out of their way to make your camping experience wonderful. I stayed in a 5th wheel on a site right next to the lake. The views were outstanding. The main building across the road houses the office, small general store, and a tavern that has awesome food and some of the best beer Oregon has to offer. I have always stayed in Florence, but will from here on in, will always stay here.

Date of experience: August 2015
2  Thank Mike L
Reviewed June 22, 2015

This place could use some serious cosmetic time and handyman time. We stayed in the Yurt for 2 days. As we walked up the steps the hand rail FELL OFF. It didn't JUST happen either. The wood needs a serious coat of paint, as it is currently all cracking and peeling off. The owner could easily spend a weekend spiffing the place up. I swept loads of cobwebs and tree debri from around the entrance. The flowerbeds were mostly weeds. The drive to the yurt is junky looking. The toilet ran most of the time unless you jiggled the handle to ensure the flap was seated properly. The bathroom window would not stay in the UP position. We used the toilet brush wedged in to keep the window open. The kitchen is very small, with two small electric burners. Nice size regular fridge (not college door kind) Windows did not have screens but we didn't not encounter any bug issues. There is a lamp post screwed to the handrail with a cord wrapped around the bottom of the post. I have no idea where you plug it in, in the event you wanted to use it. On the pier there is a VERY OLD hairstylist chair...yes that's right a hairstylist chair mounted on the pier with ferns growing out of some cracks. The shower is outside of the yurt in another room of some sort which also has a picnic table in it? ? ? ? In our opinion, it is pretty redneck and just needs a good cleaning and some regular maintenance. The good things were, it was very quiet and quiet at night. If they cleaned it up and performed some maintenace, I would stay again. I think...

Date of experience: June 2015
1  Thank Kelly H
Reviewed October 22, 2014

Great fishing: we caught some trouts, perches & basses.
We also had the chance to water ski, the lake is was not that cold even though we are in October.
They even have a toilet boat in the middle of the lake :-)

Date of experience: October 2014
1  Thank VINCENT L
Reviewed August 11, 2014

My husband and I camped at Darlings RV Resort and Marina on Siltcoos Lake (lakefront site). I would not recommend this place, not maintained in the least, no one to check us in or help with questions. Restrooms (not clean or stocked) and were across the street. The sites were so close that our fire pit was mistakenly thought to be in the next site. The lake was beautiful, very large lake, glass in the morning, choppy in the afternoon, gorgeous weather and on Saturday (8/9/14) we only saw three other boats, two fishing and one sail boat, a couple of ski-do runners but seriously no one on this lake. It has very little access and everything looks overgrown and abandoned - why?

Date of experience: August 2014
6  Thank Sue L
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Stayed the weekend and had a FANTASTIC TIME! Gary the owner was as nice of a host as you could ask for and was extremely friendly and helpful. He told us how to get to the coast by kayak and the best places to eat. He made our trip to Florence cheaper and better than if we just bumbled around without his guidance.

We rented kayaks from him and followed the Siltcoos 3 miles to the coast and spent the morning on the beach. The river was warm enough to swim in and we had a great time on the way. There were natural flowers all over, dunes, logs and all sorts of great scenery. The kayak rental was entirely worth it and then some, even if you don't stay, rent some kayaks because the float to the beach was wonderful.

One thing that we didn't do this time was rent the yurt, but we really should have because it looked amazing! When we go back we will definitely reserve the yurt and stay for a couple nights. The yurt is right on the water with a sandy beach, fire pit and sun room. If you go definitely rent the yurt!

I will stay here anytime I go to Florence or the dunes, the price was right, location perfect and everyone was as nice as you could imagine.

Date of experience: August 2013