“Happiest place on earth.”
Review of Siltcoos Lake

Ranked #1 of 2 things to do in Westlake
Reviewed September 21, 2016

I caught my very first fish, a Rainbow trout, over fifty years ago at Siltcoos Lake. When my three sons were younger, they loved to spend summer weekends catching Perch, Crappie, Bluegill, and Catfish at Siltcoos. To this day we enjoy time on Siltcoos fishing for Trout and Coho. I am looking forward to spending a few days next month at Westlake Resort. I haven't stayed there since the new owners took over, but they seem very nice in our phone conversations, and I understand they are making some improvements and doing repairs on the old cabins. Siltcoos is my favorite destination on the Oregon coast!

Date of experience: October 2015

Reviewed July 15, 2016 via mobile

Lake was very large and beautiful. Paddling on the river towards the ocean was gorgeous but quite Ling with young kids.

Date of experience: May 2016
Reviewed June 30, 2016

This is a great place to stay. The new owners have made a huge effort to clean this place up and make it a destination. Very helpful and a nice quite camp on the lake.

Date of experience: July 2015
Reviewed April 28, 2016

This lake is a little hard for families to enjoy unless you spend 90% of your time out in a boat fishing. The shore line is filled with trees and plants found along most lakes. Good for Bass fishing but no where to pull up to a bank, sunbathe in privacy, fish or picnic. I stayed at a "resort" and just tuck to the bank provided there and fished out of my boat. I did catch a 4.5# Trout off the bank here. Also, while anchored we caught 3 large 2+#'ers releasing two of them. A 2# trout is a lot of fish to eat but we "suffered" through. I would recommend Siltcoos Lake to anyone camping. There are a few "resorts" up near the Highway 101 and the good ol' "Fish Camps" from yesteryear are found more towards the Western side of the lake. I like it more at these older camps the best, but that's just me. Ken ... Nehalem, OR

Date of experience: April 2016
1  Thank tackleguy
See more reviews
Reviewed August 15, 2015

his resort has been under new management since May. They have done wonders creating a resort that is one of the best experiences at an RV park that I have had. The new owners and their family are super friendly, and go out of their way to make your camping experience wonderful. I stayed in a 5th wheel on a site right next to the lake. The views were outstanding. The main building across the road houses the office, small general store, and a tavern that has awesome food and some of the best beer Oregon has to offer. I have always stayed in Florence, but will from here on in, will always stay here.

Date of experience: August 2015
2  Thank Mike L

Been to Siltcoos Lake? Share your experiences!