“Wonderful place to stay in Yachats”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Yachats
Overleaf Lodge & Spa
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Yachats
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 23 February 2012

We've been to the Overleaf Lodge and Spa a couple of times now, and it's one of our favorite places to relax and renew ourselves. The rooms are very nice, but it's the spa that brings us back. They literally pamper you at the spa. There is a men's and women's spa area, which includes a sauna and steam room, and they are great. There is also a soaking pool with jets, and a hot tub, co-gender, so bring your swiming suits. Both are very nice, overlooking the ocean. I had the hot stone massage, and it was awesome. Soooo relaxing. The breakfast, included with the room rate, is so very good. Quiche, fresh fresh fruit, filling old fashioned oats, it's so much more than just the regular continental breakfast you get at most places, which saved us a ton of money, as we had a BIG breakfast, and snacked in the evening in the room. It's a wonderful place to stay. However, there are some very good restaurants in Yachats as well.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BarbSalem_Oregon
Write a ReviewReviews (1,391)

Reviewed 20 February 2012

This was a reasonably nice place but two things stand out that would keep us from returning. First, the room was advertised as ocean front view. Yes we could see the ocean but the main view from inside our room and off the small balcony was of the buildings down the coast and the ocean at an angle. The main view of the ocean was blocked by the building. Indeed, there was a rather small area inside the room from which you could see any ocean. Second, I think of a spa as a quiet place for reflection and relaxation. A rather boisterous group of young adults(?) thought otherwise and used the facility as if they were in a high school gym shower. Neither the spa manager nor the front desk clerk, to whom I voiced my concerns, seemed overly interested. As this was to be a special one day getaway, we didn't have the experience from the Lodge or Spa we thought we had booked.

Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Daniel C
Yachats-Drew, Owner at Overleaf Lodge & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2012

Our primary goal at the Overleaf Lodge is to exceed our guest’s expectations. While we do that for a vast majority of our guests, we missed on two accounts with Daniel C. We have expressed our sincerest apologies to Daniel and will hopefully be able to make up for the issues mentioned.
The room Daniel was in is angled to the ocean with a southwest perspective and perfect for winter time sunsets, but also partially looks down the coast line. We understand that some of our guests prefer a more direct orientation to the oceanfront. Any of the rooms ending in a 1 through 13 or 18 (e.g. 301, 103, 306, 212 or 218) would meet expectations for direct oceanfront. If there is anything you do not like about your room, please let the front desk know immediately and in most cases we can move you to a different room or otherwise take care of the issue.
As far as the spa experience is concerned, it appears that not only were the other guests acting inappropriately, our staff did not adequately address the matter. This has been addressed with our staff and will not happen again. I am sure that many guests would testify to the fact that oftentimes they are alone in the hot tubs and are able to enjoy peaceful relaxation with the only distraction being the ocean surf immediately below.
Drew Roslund, Owner’s representative
drew@overleaflodge.com
541-330-1286

Reviewed 17 February 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Overleaf in the Restless Waters 180 degree view room for Valentine's Day. What an amazing view! We have stayed at the Overleaf before and it never fails to exceed our expectations. All the staff at both the lodge and spa are very friendly and helpful! I got a relaxion massage from MaryBeth that was without a doubt the best I have ever had, pure bliss. Sitting in the relaxion pool at the spa watching the waves crash in is not to be missed. The breakfast is great with a lot of healthy options. It is such a peaceful place to getaway and relax. You can just stay in your room, enjoying the amazing views the hotel has to offer and unwind or walk the trails and visit the tidepools. This to us is a must not miss place to stay while traveling on the Oregon coast!!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Restless Waters Room with the 180 view, amazing!!!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank fordgirl_72
Reviewed 16 February 2012

To begin....what a setting! If the hotel was much closer to the Pacific Ocean it would be in it! We were on the top floor so were able to sit on our balcony watching the sunset: then have our morning cup of tea watching (and listening to) the crashing waves. magic!
Now to our room.......huge, beautifully decorated and clean - two queen beds; kitchen facilities; dining table; spacious bathroom and in the sitting area ......a gas fire.
Breakfast was buffet style.....nice variety. As we walked around the hotel we found staff to be very friendly.
A two night stay is a must to fully appreciate the area ( and the hotel!). Would definitely recommend to anyone visiting Oregon.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the top floor on the south side.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank acrosstheUS
Reviewed 4 February 2012

I am moving into the Overleaf permanently! Lovely hotel with amazing views from every room. Super comfy beds, and a wonderful full breakfast offering. And the staff are wonderful! The
Spa ia lovely, our massage and Green Tea soaks were wonderful. This place is an amazing treat for the price.

Room Tip: Every room is good!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 February 2012

Wish I had more time to stay to enjoy all of the amenities this gem has to offer. I just had a one night stay at this property travelling for business and this place exceeded my expectations. I got a regular room with two queen beds. It was laid out nicely, great views off my balcony and a great friendly staff. A great night's sleep was had listening to the ocean . The breakfast looked nice, unfortunately had to hit the road early. This is a nice place, well kept, clean, comfy. Enjoy it!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank PaulT60606
Reviewed 2 February 2012

Overleaf exceeded our expectations, and that's saying a lot because we'd heard very good things about it. The room was incredible, the spa outstanding, the location awe-inspiring. My anti-aging facial was one of the best spa treatments I've ever had anywhere.

While in the spa, I took an interest in of their Aveda line of beauty products but I was hesitant to buy because they were pricey. No one pressured me--thank goodness, because I hate that--but instead they suggested that I come back the next morning and use their samples in place of my own products as I got ready for the day, to see how I liked them. That was a deal I couldn't refuse. Of course, they knew exactly what they were doing, haha, because in the end I plopped down a fortune on the items I liked best.

Our family especially appreciated the library/game room, because we had relatives also staying in the area and needed a place to get together where we could play a few board games and laugh and talk without worrying about bothering our neighbors. We ended up using that room for hours and a great time was had by all. They came back the next day after checkout and we all enjoyed climbing around the rocks on the waterfront.

Finally, the breakfast was astonishing, don't miss it! I almost did, but then my husband texted me and said "Get down here, you won't be sorry." He was right, I wasn't. :)

My only complaint, and it's a big one, came beforehand: The room descriptions on the website are very confusing because they don't correlate with the site's reservations page. I wasted a LOT of time trying to figure out how to reserve the type of room I wanted, and I still wasn't sure I'd gotten it right until we checked in. They need to fix that, it was very frustrating! From what I recall, I wanted a Restless Waters room, but on the reservations page it was listed as a KING FP w/ WHIRL-SO. VIEW. Good grief, what a pain.

Otherwise, we're now big fans of Overleaf and recommend it wholeheartedly.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank factnfiction
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yachats
4.1 km away
0.1 km away
Fireside Motel
Fireside Motel
#4 of 11 in Yachats

Been to Overleaf Lodge & Spa? Share your experiences!