“Fabulous stay during freaky weather”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Yachats
Overleaf Lodge & Spa
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Yachats
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 28 March 2012

We had not been to The Overleaf in 5 years (they were just building their spa addition then). We happened to travel during the recent freak snowstorm that battered the Oregon Coast. The front desk staff called us en route to make sure we were fine, and stayed past regular hours to greet us. We sank, grateful, into the tub in room 218 with the 180 views of the ocean and storm and kept the lights off to watch the spectacle. So we did not notice when the power went out! The power stayed out all night and up until noon next day. The staff were amazing in their rally to what could have been chaos. The chef even cooked up a egg dish for the breakfast buffet on a propane stove. Our room was beautiful, the spa was stunning, the weather didn't matter. We won't wait so long to return to the beautiful Overleaf and room 218.

1  Thank Icanhazspabreak
Yachats-Drew, Owner at Overleaf Lodge & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2012

Thank you Icanhazspabreak for coming back to see us, I certainly hope it won’t be 5 years before we see you again! We have had a few power outages in the past, so our staff is pretty adept at handling the situation, however they are not normally caused by snowfall. This was quite a freak occurrence here in Yachats, I’m so glad you were still able to enjoy your stay. All of our rooms at the Overleaf have a gorgeous ocean view, however rooms 118, 218, and 318 all have the 180 degree views and are very popular. We look forward to seeing you again soon! Oh, I almost forgot to thank you for all the photos too! That certainly helps future guests see the ‘experience’ here at the Overleaf Lodge.

Reviewed 21 March 2012

We loved the Overleaf! The staff was really great and it is beautiful there. There is a walking path behind the hotel along the water. The room was really nice with real coffee mugs and even wine glasses. The breakfast that came with staying there was wonderful, not your typical continental breakfast. The fritatta/quiche type dish was yummy!! They had a great deal, where if you brought a can of food you got 20% off the room rate. We will be going back there for sure!!

Room Tip: For a great view request a room in the south wing.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple

We love to hear the stories testifying to wonderful experiences at the Overleaf Lodge. Thank you LynneStill for taking the time to write your review and let other people know how much you enjoyed your stay. All of our guest rooms have a magnificent view of the Pacific. Even our spa, exercise room and lobby have fantastic views! I hope you were able to enjoy our spa while you were here, and if not I certainly hope you will be back soon to do just that! Our canned food drive special has been extended until June 21st and is good on any room Sunday-Thursday. We have contributed many tons of food to the local Lincoln county food share over the years that we have run this promotion. You can also like us on facebook for future promotions.

Reviewed 19 March 2012

We have been visiting the Overleaf for at least 15 years. It was our "little secret" and we always loved our quiet, un-rushed, peaceful stays. So when we found out they were expanding and adding a day spa, I have to say we were both disappointed and skeptical. But we have been pleasantly surprised and have enjoyed the Overleaf all the more since the addition of the spa. The spa is small enough to be personal and fun, yet large enough to provide the best of day spa options. You can't beat the view out the window in front of the huge hot tub!

Room Tip: for the best view of the ocean, ask for the third floor - all the rooms are great, some have huge sp...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple

I appreciate you making the Overleaf Lodge and Spa your destination in Yachats the last 15 years, and for taking the time to write this review. It is fantastic to hear from guests that were staying before the new addition and spa were added, especially when we find out how much they enjoy it. Hopefully you make it over again soon, and don't forget to like us on facebook where we often post Lodge specials.
Thank you!

Reviewed 17 March 2012

I visited Overleaf with my wife and 10 friends (plus a 7-month old baby) during our recent trip to the Oregon Coast, and I have nothing but praise to say about the place.

The staff at Overleaf were courteous, friendly, and warm. From the moment we stepped to the reception's desk, we were greeted nicely. Without even asking, a crib was provided for my friend's baby, which was very considerate (she had to sleep on a couch the night before so the baby could sleep with his dad).

The view was spectacular. We took three rooms (106, 206, 207) and all had the most spectacular ocean view. With large windows, we could open the window and hear the mighty waves hitting the shore.

The hot tub service was great. Sitting with your friends watching the sunset - what more could you ask for? (Did I mention that this service comes free of charge?) At times we laughed too loudly and were approached by gentle spa staff to remind us to keep our noises down.

We had minor issue with a toilet that was not fixed, but the hotel promptly refunded 50% of our stay, which was beyond what we had expected. If there was one minor complaint that I have, I feel the mattress was way too soft for my liking.

Overall, it was a great experience. I would definitely return to Overleaf again if I travel to Yachats or that area.

Room Tip: 106, 206, 207 all have spectacular oceanview
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ed L

It certainly sounds like your group had a great time here at the Overleaf Ed L, which is exactly what we love to hear. I may be slightly biased, but I have to agree our view is spectacular. I am so glad that you fully utilized the spa as many of our guests do not take advantage of the spa to enjoy the ocean front view from the hot pools, the exercise room (with a view) and the steam rooms/saunas all of which are complimentary when staying at the Overleaf. I would like to apologize about the issue with the toilet, however, I’m happy we were able to rectify the situation to your liking. We certainly appreciate you taking the time to write your review and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 15 March 2012

I stayed with three other people in whale watcher room with an ocean view. Overall it was a great experience. The view was uninstructed and the ocean waves were magnificent. The hotel was clean and the room is very spacious. However, our toilet was not functional and we told the maintenance guy to fix t in the afternoon before we went out for dinner. When we came back, the toilet was still not fixed and the reception desk was closed..there was no emergency phone line and we were stuck with the public restroom which one of the toilets were non functional as well. I complained to front desk and they gave us a 50% discount since it was really only half of the service was provided. Other than that incident everything else was quite satisfactory..breakfast was great with great selection..ht tub and spa service was excellent too. I would still recommend this hotel if you are in the area on Oregon coast. Just make sure ur needs are satisfies before Te reception desk close at 10pm.

• Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank TH123_12
Reviewed 27 February 2012

My husband and I enjoyed our recent visit to the Overleaf.
Our room was very clean and comfortable. We had an 'Inglenook' room on the 3rd floor. Great view and a fireplace!
The microwave and TV were dated but they worked. The room has a small refrigerator also. Make sure to bring plates, etc if you want to reheat anything. To go containers will melt.
The breakfast consisted of fruit, English muffins, multi-grain oatmeal which was really good, yummy yogurt and granola, baked apple french toast casserole one morning and potato casserole the next, wonderful blueberry scones etc. All very good.
The bed was ok, the shower was great. Great pressure and enough hot water.
Staff was nice and helpful.
We did not indulge in the spa piece but enjoyed our stay nonetheless.
I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: For the best view I would choose 2nd and 3rd floors.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ABeck22
Reviewed 23 February 2012

We've been to the Overleaf Lodge and Spa a couple of times now, and it's one of our favorite places to relax and renew ourselves. The rooms are very nice, but it's the spa that brings us back. They literally pamper you at the spa. There is a men's and women's spa area, which includes a sauna and steam room, and they are great. There is also a soaking pool with jets, and a hot tub, co-gender, so bring your swiming suits. Both are very nice, overlooking the ocean. I had the hot stone massage, and it was awesome. Soooo relaxing. The breakfast, included with the room rate, is so very good. Quiche, fresh fresh fruit, filling old fashioned oats, it's so much more than just the regular continental breakfast you get at most places, which saved us a ton of money, as we had a BIG breakfast, and snacked in the evening in the room. It's a wonderful place to stay. However, there are some very good restaurants in Yachats as well.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BarbSalem_Oregon
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yachats
0.4 km away
34.2 km away
Hallmark Resort
Hallmark Resort
#2 of 24 in Newport

Been to Overleaf Lodge & Spa? Share your experiences!