“Restored and Relaxed”
Review of Fireside Motel

Fireside Motel
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Yachats
Reviewed 20 August 2011

I unexpectedly got the weekend off, so I looked for a last minute Coast getaway. Chose Yachats for it's off the beaten path beauty and called the Fireside asking if it was my lucky day. They had 1 room available N. facing (no ocean view) but its a mere walk around the building to see it, so I reserved it and headed out. I asked if someone cancelled I'd love a room with a view, she said she'd make notes. When I arrived a very unhappy woman was threatening a bad review on tripadvisor due to no balcony. They apologized profusely and said they would be more than happy to move her but the hotel was completely booked. She decided to leave. Shannon, who was checking me in, had made notes and also remembered I had asked about an ocean view room. Instant upgrade and a very reasonable cost, especially if you consider the Overleaf sister property right next door. They also gave me recommendations for dinner, coffee and breakfast the next day. All were great referrals. And once I saw the room I immediately went back to thank them again. The rooms are quite nice, light, bright, clean and very well appointed. Plenty of storage, a separate vanity area so someone can use the bathroom or shower without holding anyone up. Temperature very easy to maintain, a window to open for fresh air. Can't beat the views, and the most wonderful walking trails all along the Coast line. You just want to keep going to see whats around the next corner. Very very pet friendly, lots of dogs. A fridge, microwave, hair dryer, and two sinks!

Room Tip: I had room 7, it was ground level on the corner with a picture window facing the surf.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
4  Thank Stephylee

Reviewed 16 August 2011

My sister and I splurged on an oceanfront room with two queen beds on the second floor. I could see the ocean from my bed! I've never stayed anywhere that close to the ocean. The beds were firm and supportive, which I really liked. Our room was clean and comfortable with a gas fireplace. There was a door from our room to a porch where we could sit and watch the ocean. Spendy, but very enjoyable!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Redcanyonwoman
Reviewed 16 August 2011

A perfect place to relax-- well off the highway, oceanfront, nothing fancy but everything we wanted and needed. My main requirement was an oceanfront room. I enjoyed walking along the coastal path that goes right by the motel and just sitting on our little porch watching the surf. Even managed to get photos of starfish on the rocks at low tide. Would love to go back, especially for winter storm-watching-- I'd choose a room with a fireplace for that. The gift shop was superb--I brought home a really nice artist-made coffee mug with a wave design to remind me of our stay. A nice touch-- free coffee all day in the lobby/gift shop area.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jean A
Reviewed 9 August 2011

We reserved a room on the second floor looking out over the ocean that was maybe 40 yards away. It was cold in May and the room fireplace was great. The room was clean, comfortable, and looked fairly new. Had to travel into town for breakfast.

Room Tip: Fireplace room in the cold part of the year is good. Get a room with an ocean view.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank Stephen S
Reviewed 3 August 2011

The Fireside was perfect for our trip. While a little pricey (though much more reasonable than the Overleaf), the accommodations and view were well worth it. We had a spacious room with comfy beds and a balcony with an amazing view of the surf. The rocks behind the hotel have crevices that collect the water which then explodes into the air - saltwater "pyrotechnics"! Fireside also has attentive, warm staff who helped us with our wireless internet connections and made great recommendations for restaurants. Definitely worth the money.

Room Tip: Wide variety of rooms, some with pets allowed. Just ask!
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank barbara1973
Reviewed 1 August 2011

My wife's favorite spot in Oregon is Yachats, and when we go for a weekend, we try to stay at the dog-friendly Fireside Motel. The staff is courtious, and always make our stay enjoyable. Always our first choice!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank franksharpy
Reviewed 30 July 2011

The Fireside has been a coastal favorite for me since childhood. The rates are reasonable, especially for a hotel located right on the shoreline. Moneysaving tip: If you're on a tight budget, get one of the northside rooms. Your window does not look out over the ocean in that case, but you've only a 60-second walk to get there. The Fireside does not have extravagant accommodations, but they're clean, comfortable, & look out over stunning scenery. The Yachats 804 coastal trail will be just outside your door, & the Fireside's gift shop is a delight. I have always experienced the hotel staff as friendly & helpful. It's a scenic walk from the hotel to the nearby Adobe resort or Yachats proper for a bite to eat.

Room Tip: See moneysaving tip above re: staying in a northside room.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Moenkopi
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yachats
0.4 km away
1.5 km away
Silver Surf Motel
Silver Surf Motel
#3 of 11 in Yachats

Been to Fireside Motel? Share your experiences!