“New menu - very satisfied experience”
Review of Red Lobster

Red Lobster
Ranked #9 of 27 Restaurants in Bartonsville
Reviewed February 3, 2018 via mobile

I recommend this location in Bartonsville off of I-80 near the Pocono Tangiers outlets. Very pleased with our service and the food we ordered. New menu has a couple of new drinks, new entrees, and new appetizers that they call "tasting plates". We tried the dragon broccoli which is 4 large florets stuffed neatly with a small amount of melted cheese, then drizzled with a hot sweet chili and soy sauce and sprinkled with sliced scallion - it was devoured. I had a manhattan and an old fashioned with Jim Beam - both were made well. Ordered the ultimate feast which is my usual. The breaded shrimp were buttery good, wild rice was on the hard side as I like it. It is lobsterfest time and while the lobster, crab legs and shrimp all tasted good and fresh, the portion/size was a bit smaller than usual. Even though it was 11pm our waitress was very quick, lively, and cheerful and we were lacking nothing. I was pretty impressed because most other chains are on a downward trend in customer service and food quality. But also because the 2 places we stopped at earlier for dinner were closed (most places close early where we live in PA even on Fri and Sat night) and good ole reliable red lobster was still open so we didn't get stuck eating fast food on a Friday night! Glad they are demonstrating improvement and willingness to keep customers happy.

Reviewed December 15, 2017 via mobile

We dined in and the food was amazing and hot. Server was amazing. However to go food we felt cheated. You dont get as much food with take out. But I do reccommend dining in.

Reviewed October 31, 2017

Service was good, restaurant was clean. We went specifically for the "All you can eat shrimp special." Not impressed. The shrimp in the Alfredo sauce was miniscule, the sauce flavorless. The Mediterranean shrimp was larger, skewered and grilled. Tasted like grilled shrimp, didn't detect any special spice. Shrimp scampi was also rather bland. The Nashville hot shrimp wasn't hot. It comes without choice of hotness. It was also completely battered/coated, so remember there is a tail shell on it. Surprised me when I popped the whole shrimp in my mouth. Should have known, except for the Alfredo, all the shrimp were tails on. So like it or not, you will have to pick them up. But no need for a knife to cut bite size pieces. They are bite size.

Reviewed September 23, 2017 via mobile

Lunch on Sat. Seated relatively quickly. Service was solid. Place smelled clean. Biscuits and food was served fairly hot. No complaints. Wife said her cesar salad was the best she has had in a while.

Reviewed August 25, 2017 via mobile

We received excellent service from our waiter , Wyatt, who took excellent care of our group of 7 . The luncheon menu was good, the food ok considering it was previously frozen.