“Fun for All”

Ranked #11 of 27 Restaurants in Bartonsville
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Description: Or Food is Home-Made not Pre-made If you like the Original Pocono Pub on Facebook you will get our weekly ads with the entertainment schedule, see who is playing or who is working and keep up with Pub Food specials and happenings.
Reviewed August 28, 2017

Stopping at the Pocono Pub after a weekend at Shawnee Inn was a fun stop. It's definitely a locals place but one that's very friendly. The pub has your typical bar type offerings, they advertise great wings which we didn't try. We had the usual burger, chicken sandwich, chicken caesar salad wrap and a jalapeño wrap. All were good. The day we stopped a fund raiser was being held by a motorcycle club for animals in distress. About 50 or more motorcycles showed up taking up the outside patio area. They were all very friendly and a well disciplined group.

1  Thank 860Vetman

Reviewed June 25, 2017 via mobile

A few friends and I went here the other night for drinks. It was a fun place. Inside it was like most bars and there was a really nice outdoors space. There was karaoke going on that was surprisingly good. We sat there for a few hours getting drinks and had a lot of fun. I'd go back if I'm ever in the area.

1  Thank Christopher J
Reviewed May 28, 2017

Stopped by after morning shopping for a quick lunch. My husband had buffalo chicken sandwich. I had a grilled bbq chicken wrap. The sauce on the wrap was very good; not too mild but not too spicy. My only complaint was that the service was slow. I would assume that they were making it from scratch then. Not many people were there. A friend, who is a relative of the owner, recommended it to us. No, we didn't tell anyone that. :)

2  Thank Joanne H
Reviewed March 30, 2017

My husband and I stopped here on our way home from a day out because it looked like the type of local place we like to frequent. The waitstaff was very friendly and, after we seated ourselves per their instructions, immediately greeted us and asked if we had questions.

We both ordered burgers. I had the smokehouse burger and my husband the five alarm. We also ordered fried mac & cheese bites. The food arrived perfectly cooked. The bites had a nice spiciness to them. Both burgers were big and juicy and very fresh. You could tell this was not a frozen burger patty.

They also had gluten-free and vegetarian options.

The prices can't be beat for the amount of food you are served.

2  Thank Jacqueline M
Reviewed February 1, 2017

My friend suggested this place, so we ended up going for dinner. First thing, it's easy to miss, it looks like a house. Inside it's a classic pub, no thrills. Except on Tuesday as they have karaoke night and it was fun. Nothing says dinner like beer, food, and 80s music. The burgers are great, fresh, juicy, and big. Appetizers are really good, especially the Spinach Artichoke. I was surprised that the beer selections wasn't bigger or had more local PA brews. Prices are not bad. Overall the Pocono Pub is a great place to get a drink, food, and cheer, I will probably visit again.