“Amazing Food, Accommodating Staff”

New Star Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #16 of 27 Restaurants in Bartonsville
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed July 22, 2018

I don't eat carbs, but I love Chinese food and on a recent trip to the area I asked SIRI to find us a restaurant near our hotel. This looked like a glorified take out place when we first walked in and I worried about the ability for the staff to accommodate my dietary needs, but we found there is a full, and, yes, odd, decor and the staff was able to prepare a wonderful bowl of beef with broccoli perfectly without starch or sugar. We had just come from a party so my husband only spare ribs and an egg roll. They were coated in a thick red, sweet sauce, so I inquired about making them crisp without the extra sauce and they did. The ribs were so good that I wished I'd ordered another rack to go.

Nina, the young waitress, brought us our waters and asked a few times if we were pleased. When my unusual dish was prepared the chef came to make sure it was to my liking. Honestly, if I lived closer, I'd come often!!!

The prices were very low, so, bonus!

Reviewed November 8, 2017

I stopped for lunch while passing through the area. First impressions weren't great, as some employees or maybe the owners were yelling at each other in Chinese (I assume), but they were friendly enough to me. Since I was eating in, I was directed to a sort of half storage half dining room. My food came reasonably quickly and was pretty good. It would be nice if they're keep their shouting out of earshot of customers and tidy and brighten up the dining area a lot. I am assuming the majority of their business is takeout.

Reviewed March 5, 2017

This relatively small, 10 tables, restaurant on Penn 611, clearly caters the locals who account for 90% of the take out business. The food is ultra fresh to be contrasted with its regional competition as well as restaurants throughout NY NJ Philadelphia and in my experience San Francisco.
The menu although standard is remarakble for its genuine preparation , presentation and complemented by stellar service. We were served by one of the best waitresses anywhere, the ten year old daughter of the owner (A true Teh compliment to her poise, intelligence, manners and her parents). Finally, the prices wer quite reasonable bordering on the inexpensive.

Reviewed December 25, 2016 via mobile

Went there tonight and was extremely disappointed. No idea how this place has 4.4 stars. The food is decent-nothing to write home about but nothing to complain about. However, the service was absolutely atrocious. It took about half an hour to receive the first dish and a solid ten minutes or more between each dish after that. The appetizers (cold sesame noodles and dumplings, neither of which require much prep time) came last. We would up cancelling two items we ordered that hadn't come when we were finishing up, two hours after we got there. There was only one waiter (for 10+ tables) who was assisted by his 10 year old daughter. She was more on point than he.

The space is small but nice enough if you're in the front. We were shoved in the back in a table without a light (all other tables have a light above them) surrounded by boxes since they seemingly do not have ample storage space.

Despite the decent food, the service and overall experience were extremely subpar. I would not go back here again and I certainly don't recommend it unless you want to waste over two hours on just decent food and are not nearly hungry yet when you arrive.

Reviewed June 20, 2016

Service= Smiles+greetings
Food=The food that you would be served on Queen Elizabeth's birthday.
Overall=I'll definitely be back for more

1  Thank Axel W