“Pretty good”

Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 5, 2017 via mobile

Very interesting historical building. Pretty drive in the middle of nowhere
Staff was friendly and attentive
Shared a sampler plate. Shredded chicken and brisket were a bit dry
Baby back ribs were excellent and fell off the bone
Interesting appetizer called a reuben
Swiss cheese corned beef and sauerkraut dip served with pumpernickel bread
I would go back to try some more
Everything smoked on premises

Reviewed July 1, 2017

We were camping nearby and the Hotel was recommended by the owner....without his recommendation we would never have found them, nor would we have tried it without the endorsement....looks like a back country local bar from the curb and would not have expected the great food. They have their own smokehouse and menu revolves around it. Place has a nice bar area in addition to the dining room. It is noisy and tables are packed in but worth it. We were greeted by our friendly waitress and she reviewed the drink specials and they have a lengthy beer list. I tried the Grapefruit Crush which was cool and refreshing. We had the corn chowder which was excellent very thick with chicken and veggies. Tried the barbecued chicken/baby back ribs...chicken was wonderful. Ribs were a little dry, however extra sauce available so just slathered it on. The sauce was very tasty. Prices were a little high, but food was so good and there are many interesting items I would like to try--Hannah's rosemary cornbread, rachel's soon to be famous reuben dip, red beet eggs, and unfortunately we did not leave room for desserts which sounded awesome....we'll be back! Did not give it a 5 star due to slower service after we placed our order....could have used another waitress on a Saturday night.

Reviewed June 18, 2017

We live in Alburtis, but we had been told about this place, and decided to check it out one Saturday when we were out for a drive. The atmosphere is bar/homestead, and it is a bit loud. But... the food is amazing! We had the "special" pork loin roulade rolled with spinach and cherries and then smoked. Even the sides were memorable. The portions were generous, so we took some home for dinner the next day. The service was perfect and the staff courteous. We will be back!

Reviewed June 8, 2017

Just happened to stumble across this place and so glad we did!! It is a cozy place! The food we ordered came out delicious and the drinks were yummy! Would definitely go back again when in the area.

Reviewed May 29, 2017

There is plenty of parking behind the building and across the street. It is handicapped accessible. There is a bar as well as a private party area. They take reservations. I hear that you should definitely reserve on the weekend...Friday & Saturday nights. We went at 7:30 pm on a Saturday night, called ahead, but we could've walked right in. They do take out orders.

We didn't wait long for our food. They have so many choices. I could've picked SO much from their menu! I want to go back just to try everything! Our waitress wasn't the friendliest person on earth, but whatever. Their homemade BBQ sauce was absolutely amazing. They also have a mustard/vinegar sauce as well as a tomato/vinegar sauce. The tomato/vinegar sauce was also amazing. The mustard one was good, but I just preferred the others. We both had brisket. My husband had a combo platter that included pulled pork. That was also good. I was more of a fan of the meat than he was, but he said he'd definitely go back. My favorite thing that I ate was the Chef's famous mac n' cheese!

The biggest negative for me was the fact that we had to walk past a group of people smoking outside. They even have a cigarette station out on the porch. Whenever people left the dining room, the smell of smoke came into the room. That's a big turn off for me. I'd still go back, but I know that would be a deal breaker for some.

The biggest negative for my husband is that it was loud in there. The floors and walls are all wooden. Of course it's in an old building (like the 1700's old), so I wouldn't do anything to change the appearance for sound's sake. He struggled to hold a conversation. He struggles with background noise, anyway. However, this is a consideration if you are dining with someone with hearing issues.

Been to Point Phillips Hotel? Share your experiences!