“Drive on past this one!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Super 8 Beaver Falls
Super 8 Beaver Falls
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Beaver Falls
Olney, Maryland
“Drive on past this one!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2011

Very basic. Front desk not helpful. Hotel only had a few bookings but he insisted on putting us up on the 3rd floor (no elevator). Second floor being renovated (I thought this was meant to be a NEW hotel!) Wanted $140 for ground floor room. At 60 & 70 yrs. we had to lug much upstairs to the third floor as you would not want to leave ANYTHING in the car in this area. Both the hotel and pub have been taken over (so the front desk tell us). Pub abysmal, even the bar girl was laughing at the state of the place.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank T J R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
dc
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2011

This hotel is half way between DC and Ann Arbor. It was clean and comfortable and there is a nice little park with waterfalls right next to the property which is good to stretch those travel weary legs. Everything was in good condition and we had a good sized room with a very comfortable bed. The Irish Pub is currently closed and the parking area is a little run down. We went to Giuseppe's Tuscan Grill on advice from the front desk - it was excellent too. Breakfast is minimal but perfectly adequate and I liked that there were cartons of milk in the fridge and there wasn't a big jug sitting out getting warm for the cereal.
Since we travel this way four or five times a year we will definitely stop there again.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank eileen65
Madras, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2011

I stayed at this hotel because of a family wedding in Beaver Falls. I stayed two nights and it was a pleasant stay. The young man that ran the desk in the evening was very friendly and helpful. The room was clean. However, the breakfast seemed minimal. The Beaver Falls area seemed sort of depressed and that carried into the parking lot too.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank jaypoo
Baltimore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2010

We've stayed at the Holiday Inn in Beaver Falls but there's no breakfast. We had a big room and a nice continental breakfast -- two choices of cereal w/milk, coffee, tea, and pastries and English muffins. There were no big frills but the price was good and the staff was friendly.

Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank sca6
Chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2009

I travel frequently for business, and often stay in budget minded hotels. This was by far the nicest Super 8 I've ever been to. Beds were very comfortable, rooms were a decent size. Furniture and finishes all seemed new. Very well maintained. I would definitely return. A far better choice than the old and dirty holiday inn across the street.

Irishi Pub across the parking lot had decent food as well.

Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank dbow1974
San Diego, CA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2009

I stayed at this hotel because I was in town to be with a critically injured family member in the hospital. During my 8 day stay, I was unable to access the building or my room on 4 of the 8 nights I was there due to problems with the key card. One night I had to have the card re-activated twice in a 10 minute period. Housekeeping was horrible, bed not made, toiletries/amenities not restocked. I gave my complaints to the night clerks who were sympathetic, but could only pass the complaint on. The morning I checked out, I spoke to the owner/manager Robert and the day manager Nicki about my problems. Robert adjusted my bill to compensate me for the problems i had with the room. When I got my credit card statement 10 days later, he had charged another equal amount to my card. I have filed a complaint with my credit card company and the corporate office of Super 8. I called the hotel and Nicki told me the owner told her to charge more after I left and that she had no way to contact him when he wasn't in the hotel. I bet she'd have a way to contact him if the hotel was on fire or burglerized!
If I hadn't been at the hospital from 8AM until after 11PM every day I would have checked out and gone elsewhere after the 2nd time my card didn't work.
DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL IF YOU EXPECT TO BE ABLE TO GET INTO YOUR ROOM AT THE END OF THE DAY OR IF YOU DON'T WANT ILLEGAL CHARGES ON YOUR CREDIT CARD AFTER CHECKING OUT!
Also, according to the night clerks and say manager Nicki, they and the owner are all aware of the key card problems, yet continue to use the same system and don't divulge the problem to customers when they check in or book the reservation. Shady operation all the way around!!!

Stayed August 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank mcinsdca
smoky mountains
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2009

The staff was rude. Our key cards didn't work half the time to get into our rooms. Holes in the ceiling were plugged with toilet paper.Some rooms had refrigerators,but they didn't work. None of the rooms were e with hardly any ammenities. After asking the front desk for certain items, such as an iron,we were told that some rooms have them and the others have been stolen,but then we were not offered these items. There is no bar/restraunt at this location.I will definately never stay in this motel again!!!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with friends
15.5 km away
My Place Hotel - Monaca / Beaver Valley, PA
15.6 km away
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Center Township

Been to Super 8 Beaver Falls? Share your experiences!