“Fantastic Food, Generous Portions, Friendly Service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of 1796 Room at Bedford Springs

1796 Room at Bedford Springs
Reserve with OpenTable
1796 Room at Bedford Springs is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 48 Restaurants in Bedford
Price range: US$70 - US$90
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Washington, DC
“Fantastic Food, Generous Portions, Friendly Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

Fantastic Food, Generous Portions, Friendly Service - elegant 4 star food in a relaxed setting (no jacket/tie required).

Visited April 2012

Hollidaysburg, Pennsylvania
“Nice atmosphere, really good food - a little pricey”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012

My friends and I stopped here for lunch and really enjoyed the food - it was top notch. Service was great and servers were friendly and accommodating. It's a little pricey, but I enjoy treating myself occassionally, so I'll definitely go back.

Philadelphia, PA
“Topnotch but not cheap (for the area)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2012

We had an excellent meal at 1796. The atmosphere is of a late 17th early 18th century dining room. Furnishings are a bit spare, but comfortable. They offer side by side seating on a couch for couples, but I don't find that very conducive for conversation and my wife and I opted for a standard table. Service was very attentive, but not intrusive. Both my selection and my wife's (filet and shrimp respectively) were exceptionally well prepared. The filet was obviously prime as advertised. My wife also enjoyed her appetizer of a spinach salad and I really liked the onion soup topped with a cheese infused puff pastry. The soup had a rich oniony flavor with I think some sherry. It was one of the better onion soups I have tried. We had a fruit cobbler for dessert which was adequate, but probably the weakest element of the meal.

By city standards the prices were high, but not outrageous. My filet 8 oz fillet was $30, the shrimp $29. A starch is included, but not a vegetable, so if you want creamed spinach or mushrooms it will add $8 to the tab. The wines were definitely pricey, probably about 20-30% above the usual mark up. I will add, that at least they throw in nice stem ware for the price.

I don't mind paying more for a really exceptional meal. This was and I left the restaurant happy.

Pennsylvania
“A glass of wine is very expensive”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2012

The service and dinner were wonderful. However, a glass of wine, even the house wine is very expensive. Way over priced!!!

Pennylvania
“Good food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2012

Cozy room - felt like an old time tavern. Had an excellent meal.

Visited July 2011