“Fantastic Chinese food in the Mon Valley !”

Little Bamboo Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 64 Restaurants in Belle Vernon
Reviewed July 30, 2018 via mobile

While visiting Pittsburgh & Monessen, PA where I once ate at the now closed Royal Tea House. Little Bamboo Chinese was highly recommended by locals! They also have some Japanese dishes. This restaurant has excellent service where they give you hot tea and refill your drink without asking! The great taste of the Wonton soup made me hungry. We had House Lo Mein, House Fried Rice, Pepper Steak, Beef Broccoli, & Sweet and Sour Chicken and all were fabulous! You might expect a fantastic Chinese Restaurant in downtown Pittsburgh but not in a small town like Belle Vernon! How fortunate they are here!

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed July 6, 2018 via mobile

Ordered wonton soup and shrimp lo mein as takeout. Both were delish. The service was friendly and accommodating. The lo. mein has lots of shrimp and flavorful. Just wish they delivered. I’ll definitely order from them again.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed June 29, 2018 via mobile

Had dinner for one. Wantons and egg roll appetizer both really thick and chewy. Kung pao chicken was plentiful and excellent vegetables but not a lot of flavor. Should have gone for a spicey dish I suppose. Busy place for a Wednesday.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed June 26, 2018 via mobile

My wife isn’t fond of Asian foods so when I’m dining alone I often go to Little Bamboo. Ive been to China, Japan, Taiwan Vietnam Nam, Thailand and S. Korea numerous times so I know the real thing. While I haven’t tried everything on their extensive menu, everything I have tried has been well prepared and presented. The waitstaff are responsive and prompt as well. I’ll be going back again.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed May 27, 2018 via mobile

Their General Tso’s Chicken is the best! I pair it with their fried rice and wonton soup for the best Chinese luncheon special around. Highly recommend!!

Date of visit: April 2018