“Concerned about some of these reviews”

Quality Inn & Suites Bensalem
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Bensalem
Winlock, Washington
“Concerned about some of these reviews”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2012

My husband traveled to Bensalem on business and the company he was contracted with made the hotel reservations. After reading some of the reviews I was very concerned about his accommodations...so...I called the hotel personally and asked about the complaints in question. They were also concerned about the issues posted in the reviews, we discussed the problems that were mentioned and they assured me that he would indeed have a clean room and comfortable accommodations. He called and said he has never stayed in a room as clean as this one! (he does a lot of traveling and often stays in more expensive hotels) He was VERY impressed...Good job! Keep up the good work...

Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank K H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Mahaffey, pa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2012

I have been staying at this hotel on and off for a couple of years. Staff very courteous and the rooms are clean. I have never had a bad experience while staying here. The breakfast is a typical continental breakfast. I found no faults with any of my stays. Would definately recommend this hotel and will be continue staying at the Bensalem Quality Inn the next time I need to stay in the area.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Donald C
Gloversville, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2012

We took this hotel because it's within our budget and we've stayed with Quality before in other places. It's a bare bones hotel--nothing really special about it. The staff was courteous and helpful, but we were not all that thrilled with the attention to detail in the maintenance.
We take non-smoking rooms as we're both non-smokers have some problems with allergies. The hallway to our room smelled badly of smoke and the smell seemed to follow us into the room. Right off we found a burn hole in the bedspread--not a good sign--and called the desk to tell them about it, not wanting to be charged a smoker fee, or whatever. We were told it would be taken out of service...I'm not convinced. There was also a burn hole in the sheet that was NOT a new mark.
The available breakfast looked OK, but since we were joining friends, we just had a cup of coffee and a small pastry to tide us over. I Must say that the coffee is good--one of my pet peeves in hotels.
Would we stay there again? Probably, but only if it fits into our needs and nothing else is available.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank BillP1215
United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2012

We stayed here for two nights in Aug of 2011. The only decent thing was the breakfast. The room was dated, the sleeper couch had a rip and stain. The bathroom yuck !, mold in the grout of the tiles, the tub looked dirty and their was someone's HAIR stuck on the bathroom ceiling!. I complained to the front desk and the woman just looked at me. My best friend and I went to the local walmart and bought bleach cleaner to clean the bathroom over again. Even though the hallways were clean and quiet and the food was ok. I would not stay here again. They need to clean up their act.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank PrincessItchyFoot
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2012

It was pretty much your average hotel. I stayed there for 2 nights. No swimming pool. No nice amenaties. The continental breakfast was poor. They didn't offer much of anything besides waffles, yougurt and juice. Maybe some fruit. The rooms were decent. They were clean. The tv was decent. But overall, I would stay at a different hotel if I had a choice.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Jonathan A
Logan, Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2012

The rooms are very dated and dirty. The drains are very slow. The worst is they have these motion sensors in the rooms that turn the a/c / heater off after 2 hours if there is no movement in the room. That translates into waking up either hot or cold to get up to get the thing to come back on (every 2 hours) and frankly that sucks. I complained to the owner/manager and got a yes they work fine.awful place to get rest. but they have a nice fitness center.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank euchrefats
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2011

Made a huge mistake by booking a stay at this hotel!!! Checked into the room and it was disgusting. Toilet was dirty, mold in the shower, soap still in the dish. It was so dusty and found blonde hair throughout...we are brunettes. No satisfaction was given when we complained. My boyfriend cleaned the toilet because they were not going to. That night my boyfriend and I had such a reaction to something in the bed or in the laundry. We looked as if we had been burnt from head to toe. Now I'm wondering if a chemical had been used because of bed bugs. Then upon check out I was told they put the charges on my card and they would not credit it so we could pay cash. Then we were told to find housekeeping to let them know we had checked out. When I told the receptionist they were not on the floor she told me they were on the other side of the floor, go look for them. I will never stay in another Quality Inn..not so much quality.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple