“Simply Adequate”

Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Bensalem
New York City, New York
“Simply Adequate”
Reviewed 23 June 2011

The hotel was good for a nights sleep. It was no frills. Clean. The bed had a lot of pillows which was nice. It was pretty comfortable. There was a lock off door in our room. We had our two year old with us who was fussy and I was worried about her bothering the people in the other room. I wasnt sure they could hear until she woke their baby up and we could hear the baby as if it was in our room. I wouldn't reccomend if you have small children who are going to make noise and you don't want to bother others.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank blanktgrl

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Windham, New Hampshire
Reviewed 15 May 2011

Good location. Five minutes to the Franklin Mills Mall and two blocks to the Casino and Racetrack. The hotel has 3 floors with one elevator. We had a room with 2 double beds with a mini-refrigerator and coffee maker in the room. No microwave. The room is on the small side. We only had 3 people, if you have 4, it's tight walking room. The room was clean and there was sufficient lighting in both the bedroom and bathroom. The shower was good but there is no exhaust fan in the bathroom. The air conditioning worked well and did not give off any odors. Breakfast was average with mostly pre-packaged food such as individually wrapped bagels, danish, muffins and mini-pancakes that could be microwaved. Also included was cereals, yogurts, milks, juice, coffee, teas. The front desk service was pleasant and very helpful when we had questions about local restaurants. He went out of his way late at night to personally swap out our room phone when it was not working properly. I booked the reservation online and requested a first floor room but it did not make it to the hotel. I recommend that if you make a special request online, you should call in advance to confirm that they received your request. Overall, a good stay but a little expensive for the accommodations

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank kenp14
Harrisville, Rhode Island
Reviewed 4 October 2010

The front desk was friendly, helpful and informative at check in, check out & while discussing restaurants in the area. The room is simple, but clean. The bed was very comfortable & the room was in a reasonably quiet location. My only complaints are breakfast & the Internet connection. Oh, and that the room windows don't open at least the room I was in. I like to open the window to enjoy some fresh air & that wasn't an option in my room. They include a breakfast with the room, but the breakfast consists of a handful of pre-cooked, packaged pancakes & muffins & some hard boiled eggs, each with instructions on how to microwave them. It was like finding a badly stocked convenience store for breakfast. We left and had a nice breakfast down the street at I-Hop. The Internet connect was the slowest I've seen anywhere since the days of dial up modems with a bad service provider. I finally spent 15 minutes figuring how to hook my droid phone to my laptop and use it as a modem & then I was able t enjoy regular fast internet speeds through my phone. Pretty sad when a tethered phone is 10-20 times faster than the hotel connection.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank WoonyCatMan
Rome, New York
Reviewed 13 September 2010

On the way back from Maryland we decided to route through Philadelphia and do some sightseeing and were looking for a place to stay nearby. After looking at hotels right in Philly and finding very high rates, we looked for something on the outskirts and found this Sleep Inn. We had never stayed at a Sleep Inn before, but from what I could find out about it, decided to give it a chance. We were not disappointed.

While the location is a bit out of the way for Philly (about 20 minutes), the hotel location offers alot of shopping, food and even a casino nearby. Just about anything you could want for food or shopping is within minutes of the hotel. Now, the hotel itself was mid-range, clean and comfortable. The room was spacious and had all the basic amenities (fridge, microwave). The breakfast was no frills - cold cereals, muffins, beverages. Overall it was a pleasant stay and I would likely stay again when I'm in Philly.

Note, this is my first review where I'm including pictures. I'm going to try and include pics on all future reviews whenever possible.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
4 Thank BenJF3
Yonkers
Reviewed 17 August 2009

Well the location was pretty close to Sesame Place so that was our only upbeat part of this hotel. If you are looking for a nights stay it shouldnt be too bad but the amount of money you have to spend a night it might be better staying somewhere else. The staff were very young working in the reception area and they were more concerned about their cell calls or items they were looking for on the internet. I was just disappointed overall with this hotel. And the choices they gave for breakfast you are better off just going to IHOP and getting filled up with a real breakfast.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank luv2teachYonkers
Germany
Reviewed 31 May 2009

We stayed here for one night while visiting Philadelphia and Princeton. Keep in mind that if you just want to see Philadelphia, it's a bit out of the way (about a 30 minute drive).
The rooms were nice (though a bit small) and the front desk people friendly. What wasn't up to the usual Sleep Inn standard, though, was the breakfast: The area itself is tiny, and the selection consisted of frozen packaged pastries and packaged mini pancakes you were supposed to heat in the microwave. Not exactly the "Morning Medley" you would expect from their glossy marketing blurbs.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank GermanyTraveler
Minneapolis, MN
Reviewed 16 May 2009

Good value for the price. I asked for a quiet room and I got one. There was a little street noise but nothing dramatic and the hotel sounds were very muted. I used the workout room twice and found it small but enjoyable. Service was pleasant. The room was clean and the free Internet access was easy to use.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled solo
2 Thank ArielMN
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bensalem
0.2 km away
0.7 km away
Comfort Inn Trevose
Comfort Inn Trevose
#5 of 6 in Trevose

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!