Ricketts Glen State Park Campground
Budget Host Patriot Inn(Bloomsburg)(Great Value!)
US$79
US$110
ComfortInn
Quality Inn(Bloomsburg)
US$72
Comfort Suites Bloomsburg(Bloomsburg)(Great Value!)
US$98
ComfortSuites
US$117
HIExpress.com
Red Roof Inn Danville(Danville)(Great Value!)
US$67
US$62
Hotels.com
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed August 26, 2009

We just returned from a three day stay here. We decided to go as Rickett's Glen was listed in the book 1,OOO Places To See Before You Die. The main reason to go here is for the hiking trails. There are three main trails that form kind of a triangle (with several other longer trails extending out from this) with a total distance (of just the three trails) of about 4.2 miles. The trail map listed the route as extremely difficult, which turned us off at first. But, after asking at the camp office, we were assured that it was family friendly and should take about two hours. In actuality it took three and a half, with a few brief stops for pictures/rest/brief moments of children complaining:) Two sides of the trails have the waterfalls (there are 22 in all, 18 of which you will see if you complete the triangle loop) and one trail (Highland Trail) is a nice, wooded, flat trail that connects the two. The waterfalls range from 13' to 96' and are really quite spectacular. Keep in mind that if you do the whole loop, one side will be going down (easy), the other side will be going up (not so easy, but worth it) and the Highland trail will be flat.
The campground itself is nice with many sites right on the water. Most of the sites we saw did not seem suitable for large trailers. The majority of ampers were tenters, but us and a few other did have pop-ups or smaller campers. No electricity. Paved roads and bike friendly and a quite large mountain lake (no lifeguard) with a sand beach that is very clean and scenic. There was no camp store (but a very large and nice Concession/Beach House is being constructed) and no stores nearby, so definitely bring what you need. Also, if you come in from the Red Rock direction, there is a very steep hill to get to the top of the mountain. The park recommends coming in from the Dushore direction to avoid this hill if towing a camper.
Also keep in mind that if you bring your own canoe/kayak, you have to gt it registered there/pay a fee to use it on their lake (Lake Jean).
One of the nicest camping spots we have ever been to. Definitely recommended.

Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
8  Thank serenity37
Reviewed March 23, 2009

Being a first time camper and not much for "roughing it", I was sceptical about camping. After begging from my husband and kids I agreed. We wanted to visit a state park and decided on Ricketts Glen. I have to say that this camping trip was one of the best vacations I've ever been on. The falls are just beautiful but we were expecting that. I didn't know what to expect from the campground. I was pleasantly surprised. On our first day, the campground hosts stopped by and introduced themselves. The sites are quite large and nicely secluded from eachother. However, if two families wanted to camp next to eachother, there are narrow paths between the sites. The campground was clean, as were the bathrooms. I didn't like that the bathrooms were cleaned first thing in the morning. They close them during cleaning and it can get quite crowded in the morning. The fire rings are large and all sites have picnic tables. I've become hooked on camping and can't wait for our next trip. I can only hope that our next campground will be as nice as Ricketts. We will definitely go back.

9  Thank HappyTravelerPa