“Great place”

Ranked #2 of 15 Restaurants in Benton
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 3, 2017 via mobile

I am new to the area and have been here multiple times. The food from breakfast to lunch is really good and the staff is great. You can tell it is more of a local place, but everyone is very friendly and more than willing to explain some of the menu items that I am not used to since I am from the south. Neither my husband or I have had any food we did not enjoy from this place. We have had the whole variety of the breakfast menus (home fries are really tasty) hamburgers, sloppy joes (they called it a BBQ burger I think), chicken fingers, and all sorts of other things. Everything is good! If you are not from the area, try birch beer (Similar to root beer). It is a good place to come whether you are alone or have several people with you. To get to the parking you have to turn down a teeny road that runs along the side of the restaurant. There is plenty of parking back there. Everything is clean and I believe there are at least three decently sized rooms for seating. Highly recommended if you are looking for a good solid meal.

Reviewed November 22, 2017

My wife and I eat out once a week and when we do it is always for breakfast. We are both morning people (gentleman farmers from the Rickett's Glen area) and we have visited all the area restaurants that offer breakfast. By far, the filling station is the area's best beating out the Brass Pelican, Hoboken Dine, Red Rooster and a few other spots along Rt 118.

The food is excellent (we usually opt for a veggie omelette and chipped beef over potatoes. The sour dough bread is outstanding and the coffee pretty good. The prices are modest and for what you get, a great value.

The only other place that offers an excellent morning fare is the Pine Barn Inn in Danville. However, it is a trip (35 mils from our farm) so we only eat there when we are in the area.

Highly recommend the Old Filling Station. Kyla is a great wait person and Chrissy a great chef!

Reviewed September 6, 2017

Walking in you would never expect the unusual menu . It is in a rural setting on the main street in Benton in a small home. The food is always good and the burgers are amazing . Don't miss this stop if near Benton.

Reviewed August 31, 2017

You will swear you have been invited into someone's home - it looks like a house after all! Freshest seafood in NEPA and something for everyones tastebuds! So much food, had to pack some home. I'd recommend this stop very highly! A don't miss in Benton, PA.

Reviewed July 10, 2017

In the process of moving, we needed a place to sit, sip a cold drink and eat. I was not disappointed with my first visit here. It was quiet since we hit the before supper crowd. The sweet tea was cold and sweet and our meal was fresh and hot. The cheese steak that I ordered was very good. Our server was very pleasant. I will return.

Been to Old Filling Station? Share your experiences!