All reviews south hills village front desk nice hotel bed and pillows olive garden the entire hotel king room corner room hotel restaurant room was clean and comfortable pittsburgh wedding fireplace funeral couch conditioner ballroom
Reviewed February 21, 2017 via mobile

We stayed for couple of nights on a short tour of surrounding area. Front desk very welcoming. Rooms comfy and nicely presented. Jeff on the bar needs to be mentioned. Very nice guy. Couldn't do enough for you. Good location. Close to Pittsburgh (25 mins in car) across road from mall. Olive Garden and new BJ restaurant also across the road. All in all a good choice to stay.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Bill E, Manager at Crowne Plaza Suites Pittsburgh South, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2017

Dear Jeepstermack1;
Thank you for taking time to relay your experience during your recent stay. We are delighted to see that you had such a positive experience interacting with our staff and enjoying the benefits our location! We appreciate that you selected our hotel and would welcome the opportunity to serve you again if your travels bring you back this way!

Warm regards,

Reviewed February 21, 2017

Although I'm not much into writing reviews on things online, I felt that with my experience for my 2 week stay here being so great, I had to take some time in order to share my thoughts.

I'll keep it as short as possible, but to start, the rooms are very spacious, with comfortable pillows, adequate desk space for office work, nice TV's, large showers, and continuous service each morning. I enjoyed leaving for work, and coming back to a made bed and bathroom.

The best part of the stay though was in regards to the service that was provided to me. The front desk supervisor, John, noticed me going in and out of the office while trying to make sales for my company. He picked up on our initial conversation and details I provided, and followed up after a few days into my stay with a Motivational, hand written card that I noticed one morning. I'll tell you what, it was just what I needed that morning to get me going, and it's small gestures like these, that really sets service above the rest.

John continued to be kind throughout the stay through being interested and energetic in our conversations that we had at the front desk. I'd want him on my team any day of the week when it comes to customer service.

To name a few others, Molly was very kind and upbeat each day on my departures off to my job, and Leah was also fun to be around when I was at the front desk.

My stay at the Crowne Plaza was a success, and I'd recommend others in the area to stay here anytime!

-Cory

• Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear cphillips1993;

Thank you for the fantastic feedback on your recent experience and for you your 5 Star Review! You observations regarding our staff encapsulate everything we strive to do to set ourselves apart from other hotels in the area. Personalized, attentive service really makes a huge difference. We appreciate that you selected our hotel for your business trip, and look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed February 18, 2017 via mobile

This hotel recently underwent a major renovation .... and is spectacular! The rooms are beautiful, the staff were amazing and they even made sure Libby (my Italian Greyhound) was comfortable. If you need a room outside of Pittsburgh, I strongly recommend!

Trip type: Travelled solo
Bill E, Manager at Crowne Plaza Suites Pittsburgh South, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2017

Dear Kym412;

We are delighted that you (and Libby) had such a great experience on your last visit. Returning guests are amazed at the transformation of the hotel, and as you noted, we continue to provide the friendly, attentive service that sets us apart from other hotels.

On behalf of our entire team, thank you for choosing to stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back when you return!

Reviewed February 13, 2017 via mobile

The hotel was very clean and comfortable. The room it self was large and spacious with comfortable beds a lounging area a desk area etc. The stay was great. The only thing that was not to par was the All America Breakfast- although the eggs and bacon were cooked to order, the pancakes were barely edible and the fried potatoes were inedible.

Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Joe G;
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit. We are happy to see that our staff did a great job and that your room was large, clean, and comfortable. We are looking into you comments regarding breakfast, and I am confident we will have the shortcomings corrected quickly.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We do appreciate your appreciate your business. Please contact me directly if I may assist with future travels to Pittsburgh!

Reviewed January 12, 2017

We had one of the greatest stays in years this past weekend at the Crowne Plaza near South Hills Village in Pittsburgh.

The purpose of the trip was to see the Steelers playoff game. The treat was the Crown Plaza.

It had been completely remodeled since our last trip and though large, had that hip, boutique feel to everything once you walked through the door.

The staff was extremely attentive and friendly; we had a number of great conversations with them. Our room was just right. Neat, very clean and exactly what you need for a good stay.

During our days there, we also stopped by the bar which was super friendly and made you feel like home. We also had breakfast there (the buffet is excellent) as well as dinner after the game (didn't want to go out in 13 degree weather any more) which was really good. The service all times in the meals was impeccable.

We'll be back whenever in Pittsburgh, and I would highly recommend the Crowne Plaza on Fort Couch Road to anyone. The price was very reasonable as well.

Room tip: We were on the 5th floor. Extremely quiet and very well appointed. One door over from the elevators, but never heard a sound from them!
Date of stay: January 2017