“Best Hotel Yet in the Poconos!!!”

Best Western Inn At Blakeslee-Pocono
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Blakeslee
Peach bottom, Pa.
“Best Hotel Yet in the Poconos!!!”
Reviewed 9 March 2012

Well I must say from the pet friendly hotel to the swimming pool right by our room was very nice and comfortable stay!! I have stayed at a lot of hotels in the Poconos and this by far is the best I have found! We have a small dog Pomeranian very sweet and everyone wanted to pet her as we took her out to potty grounds on side of hotel. I have stayed here 2 times and both were very nice staff was the best! Only complaint woman in AM would not take time to acquire my Best Western Points which I think she should do even if she is manager? I would say hats off to the staff and maintence of this hotel very very pleasant stay!! And look forward to our next stay!!

Room Tip: Get the Jacuzzi room if you can splurge a little and enjoy!!!
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Animal661

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 26 February 2012

Great location for skiing, family friendly, and complimentary breakfast every morning. We stayed here with 5 families and had a wonderful time. So much fun! The kids loved to pool, and my family enjoyed meeting in the lobby (where there's coffee available 24hrs) and discussing our next adventure! Staff was wonderful and so very helpful...I will def stay here again and would recommend to anyone with kids, young or old...

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank XamosNY
pennsylvania
Reviewed 21 February 2012

My family and I stayed here for a quick getaway. Upon arrival our room was not ready. Check in was at 3:00 and at that time housekeeping was still working on getting the rooms cleaned. Apparently they were sold out the night before and were trying to hurry up at get the rooms finished for the incoming guests. I guess we had to wait about 20 minutes or so and we were told the room was ready. When we got up to our room the housekeeper was up there and said there were no towels yet for our room as everything was being washed and dried. After about a half hour she did knock on the door and bring us our towels. The room itself was clean and comfortable. WE used the indoor pool which my children loved. My only complaint was the amount of chlorine they used. As soon as you walked into the pool room the smell of the chlorine it you in the face. It irritated my husband's eyes and my son had some type of red irritation on his face after swimming. The continental breakfast was decent. There were yogurt, doughnuts, sausage and biscuits, cereal, bread for toasting, fruit, juice, coffee, milk. Also, an employee was there asking if any of the kids wanted pancakes which I thought was nice since my children love pancakes. The location of the hotel is in a great spot. You are very close to Jack Frost and Big Boulder and Spit Rock Resort which we drove over to one night. Over all I would stay here again. The price wasn't too bad for peak ski season.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 21 February 2012

I agree with most other comments. The value is good for a centrally located hotel in the Pocono ski area. Don't expect too much from the hotel staff or the rooms. The a/c heater is a noise problem that some people may not be able to get used to. If you're taking kids skiing, this place works just fine; there will be dozens of other noisy kids there too. No thanks to a late check-out, I'll be gone early.

Room Tip: Book early and get your room choice in writing. There were a lot of complaints at the front desk th...
1 Thank Charles C
Peg N, Owner at Best Western Inn At Blakeslee-Pocono, responded to this review, 22 February 2012
Thank you for your response regarding your stay with us.
I am not aware of any room requests that were not granted over the weekend.
Because you just have your first name posted, I cannot check to see what room you were in.
If you could e-mail me the information, I will follow up on this.

Travellers are raving about these Blakeslee hotels

Millville, New Jersey
Reviewed 20 February 2012

There were 12 people in our group so we reserved 4 rooms on Presidents Weekend 2012. The website offers discount rates for AAA and Military but this hotel does not accept any discount. The rooms were $125 a night plus tax. We checked in on Friday night and everything seemed very nice about this hotel. As the weekend went on, it became a nightmare. First one party of our group could not get back into their room and it took over an hour to have maintenance finally get in, they moved them to an "upgraded" room on the smoking floor. Saturday, maid service was done in all rooms, Sunday maid service was done in 1 room, 1 room had a "Do Not Disturb" on their door, and the other 2 rooms were not cleaned at all. When asking the front desk as to why our rooms were not cleaned, they stated that we had "do not disturb" on our rooms. We travel all the time and NEVER not have our room cleaned. We ran around looking for towels and toilet paper and finally had to get our amenities from a near by room. We spoke to a maid who stated that all the other maids left when their shift was up and basically said screw it, and marked down that all these rooms had "do not disturb" on them. When we went to bed, we saw what appeared to be flying ants in the room. (We did not bring this up to management, although we should have) When we checked out on Monday morning we brought all these issues to the manager and we were treated very rudely, and dismissed like our complaints weren't valid. We were in the middle of talking and the manager just answered the phone like we were not even there. We ended up contacting Best Western Corporate Office and were treated very kindly and they listened to us and took their time to make us feel like we were paying customers and not just the scu under the managers shoe. I will say i will stay at a Best Western again thanks to their Customer Service but i will NEVER stay at that hotel again. I dont care how close it is to the interstate or Jackfrost/Big Boulder ski areas. Not worth the feeling we had leaving that place

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
Maple Shade, New Jersey
Reviewed 20 February 2012

I have slept in over 100 hotel beds and I must say that this was the worst. My wife and I could barely get a decent night's sleep in the the nights we stayed. The final night I had it. I went to bed at around 10:30 and woke up 2:45 and refused to stay in bed. This was the first time I ever dreaded going back to the hotel and going to bed. If you don't mind beds made for scoliosis sufferers, I must say that everything else was great.
The rooms were very clean, the shower was wonderful, and the small complimentary breakfast was quite satisfying. I just hated how horrible I slept.

Room Tip: Bring your own bed.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for your comments. We have new bedding scheduled in our renovation plans.
We hope you will return to Best Western again in the future.
Spring City, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 14 February 2012

Located just off I-80 in the heart of the Pocono Mountains and within minutes driving time to ski areas and state forrests, this hotel offers very reasonable rates for family vacationers as well as business travelers. The entire facility is clean, fresh and obviously well managed. The indoor pool and sauna was well maintained and a great place for kids and adults after a day of skiing. Our room on the third floor was quiet, comfortable and of adaquate size for two adults and one child (two double beds). The furniture and fixtures were fresh and clean and did not show wear. The continental breakfast included with the room rate was adaquate and of good quality considering the room rate.
We stayed here in Feb. 2012 as part of a ski trip with our 9 year old grand daughter and plan to stay again on out next trip to the area.

Room Tip: Rooms closer to the pool area may be a bit noisy depending on number of guests. As I recall, pool h...
1 Thank JPKofPa
Also consider these accommodations in or near Blakeslee
9.7 km away
17.7 km away
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#5 of 7 in Mount Pocono

Been to Best Western Inn At Blakeslee-Pocono? Share your experiences!