“Terrible. Awful. Awful”
Review of Tussey Mountain

Tussey Mountain
Ranked #3 of 6 things to do in Boalsburg
More attraction details
Owner description: Year round recreation offers skiing, boarding and tubing in the winter; go-kart racing and golfing in the summer.
Reviewed September 7, 2017

We went here to blow off some steam after being on the road for several hours. It seemed like a great destination... lots to do for everyone. Skateboarding for my son. Driving golf balls for me. Hiking for my wife. First bad sign - they nickel and dime you for everything. I had to pay $2 to rent a golf club to drive a $10 bucket of balls.
Net - my son was dropping in on the halfpipe when a loose screw lodged into one of his wheels. This caused a terrible fall from the top of the drop in and ruined his wheels. When he informed the staff, the response was 'well, what do you want us to do about it.'
But, the final straw was this rogue employee. After hitting golf balls into the skatepark area - without warning and without apology, my son, not even knowing this was an employee, went back to the staff at the ticket desk and informed them what was going on. The response? 'ha, don't worry - he works here.'
Wait - that's not the worst part. Now, we've all had enough - and are leaving... and this rogue employee pulls up in his pickup and starts cussing at my son. 'Maybe you shouldn't [profanity] skateboarding in the middle of a golf course!' Its unbelievable. I start clapping and yelling bravo... 'cause after all, its quite the performance. This trips this guys circuit breaker... he slams his truck into reverse... gravel flying... gets out and starts rooting around in his back seat. My wife is freaking out. Is he looking for his hunting rifle? She yells at us to get in the car. We go to leave and this... remember... employee.. tails us to the highway.
We phone Tussey and ask to speak to a manager. We were promised a return phone call. It hasn't happened.
This place needs to be investigated by safety inspectors. Something is off with their staff. They should all be subject to random drug testing and guest relation training.
With all the work that needs to be done... it should just be shut down.
Avoid this place at all costs.

All reviews
in 6 reviews
"mountains"
in 10 reviews

Reviewed July 8, 2016 via mobile

We loved the natural scenery at Tussey Mountain. Summer activities included a movie on the mountain, go carts, 9 hole golf course, mini golf, fishing, playground, and hiking.

1  Thank Skeeterkeefer
Reviewed February 14, 2016

Very beautiful ski area for all ages.Great views of the Tussey mountains. I enjoyed the lodge by the ski ,has restaurant where we had dinner and enjoyed cocktails by the fireplace. They also have o cafeteria with fast food,coffe and hot chocolate.Very friendly service !

Reviewed January 7, 2015

This started out as a ski resort - but with our unpredicatable winters it nearly went away. Then either new management or owners came in an realized this place could be used for 'off season' events. The scenery is beautiful and if the weather cooperates, a lovely place for festivals, beer expos, music jams, wing fests - you name it. This past year I attended about three events here with the newest one being the Celtic Festival. That one will need a few years to grow, but even as small as it was the first year, it was well done and fun.

See more reviews
Reviewed January 1, 2015

We visited Tussey Mountain this December. Unfortunately, it's been unseasonably warm so Tussey only had one slope open. I cannot give a fair review on their trails but I will say my son enjoyed the trail that was open.
While at Tussey, my daughter and I, and our friends, took ski lessons. The instructors here are very patient and are very helpful. They were nice and informative and tried very hard to make sure we were getting the basics of skiing. The prices were also great. We were glad that our first lesson was with Nick and Garrett.

If your learning to ski, we would definitely recommend Tussey Mountain's staff. They were great!

1  Thank Michelle N