“Excellent Skiing”
Review of Tussey Mountain

Tussey Mountain
Ranked #3 of 6 things to do in Boalsburg
More attraction details
Owner description: Year round recreation offers skiing, boarding and tubing in the winter; go-kart racing and golfing in the summer.
Reviewed 1 January 2018

My family and I enjoy skiing at Tussey Mountain. My son is an avid snowboarder and he would spend his entire life there. The food is good too.

All reviews
in 2 reviews
"skiing"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

We were invited to a picnic hosted by the department at the Eberly College of biology @ Penn State. There are a lot of activities here to do including go carts, minigolf, a driving range, paddleboats, skate park don't forget about skiing in the winter. It's super close to town and makes a great family fun activity center.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

We went here to blow off some steam after being on the road for several hours. It seemed like a great destination... lots to do for everyone. Skateboarding for my son. Driving golf balls for me. Hiking for my wife. First bad sign - they nickel and dime you for everything. I had to pay $2 to rent a golf club to drive a $10 bucket of balls.
Net - my son was dropping in on the halfpipe when a loose screw lodged into one of his wheels. This caused a terrible fall from the top of the drop in and ruined his wheels. When he informed the staff, the response was 'well, what do you want us to do about it.'
But, the final straw was this rogue employee. After hitting golf balls into the skatepark area - without warning and without apology, my son, not even knowing this was an employee, went back to the staff at the ticket desk and informed them what was going on. The response? 'ha, don't worry - he works here.'
Wait - that's not the worst part. Now, we've all had enough - and are leaving... and this rogue employee pulls up in his pickup and starts cussing at my son. 'Maybe you shouldn't [profanity] skateboarding in the middle of a golf course!' Its unbelievable. I start clapping and yelling bravo... 'cause after all, its quite the performance. This trips this guys circuit breaker... he slams his truck into reverse... gravel flying... gets out and starts rooting around in his back seat. My wife is freaking out. Is he looking for his hunting rifle? She yells at us to get in the car. We go to leave and this... remember... employee.. tails us to the highway.
We phone Tussey and ask to speak to a manager. We were promised a return phone call. It hasn't happened.
This place needs to be investigated by safety inspectors. Something is off with their staff. They should all be subject to random drug testing and guest relation training.
With all the work that needs to be done... it should just be shut down.
Avoid this place at all costs.

Reviewed 8 July 2016 via mobile

We loved the natural scenery at Tussey Mountain. Summer activities included a movie on the mountain, go carts, 9 hole golf course, mini golf, fishing, playground, and hiking.

1  Thank Skeeterkeefer