“Nice Gelateria and afternoon teas”
Review of Gelato JoJo

Gelato JoJo
Reviewed 1 August 2016

We had afternoon tea at JoJo's. Under £9 a head. Multi layerd stand of cakes and sandwiches with bottomless teapot or coffee. Great decor - there are sevral connected rooms/area and the theme changes by room. Big range of gelato.
This is just what seaton needs, an alternative to fish and chips.

Reviewed 27 July 2016

We tried Gelato's on a whim and in terms of positives the decor, lighting, presentation are all really nice and colourful.
However the service was incredibly slow considering the place was only moderately filled. Our waitress had a funky uniform in keeping with the atmosphere of the place but didn't seem particularly warm or friendly.
I was very sceptical about the seemingly nice choices of meal options for a venue that mostly serves ice cream/ gelato and unfortunately I was right to be :(
I ordered a Gourmet Beef Burger and it turned up suspiciously quickly after ordering. Whilst it was presented nicely with some nice fries and onion rings, the burger was dry on the outside and pallid in the middle. If you're going to put 'Gourmet' burgers on the menu then you shouldn't use frozen patties but grill fresh quality cuts of beef. I left most of the burger.
Afterwards we tried some of the wide variety of ice cream and gelatos and they were fine. I just wouldn't recommend the hot food in there.

2  Thank asianastroboy
Reviewed 26 July 2016

IT took ages just selecting what we wanted off the take away menu. My sister in law had a medium tub of ice cream which was too much for her to eat. I had a Lemon top cone. Beautiful ice cream with a generous helping of exquisite lemon gelato on top and a wafer in.
Bliss

Reviewed 26 July 2016 via mobile

Finally tried Gelato’s after walking past it a few times and seeing friends post photos of the delicious sundaes on social media. I can’t believe I’ve waited so long to try it! It’s a lovely place and really nicely decorated. The staff are friendly and attentive and were working really hard on a busy day during the summer holidays. The menu is absolutely huge with so many options to choose from and there is also ice-creams on display at the counter which makes decision making even more difficult when you have a sweet tooth like me!! After much deliberation I opted for rocky road waffles which were delicious…a big sugar waffle with melted biscuit spread, a mountain of diary vanilla ice-cream, whipped cream, marshmallows, biscuits pieces and toffee sauce. I couldn’t believe it was only £4.50! A lovely treat and I will definitely come back to try other waffles and sundaes.

Reviewed 25 July 2016

The range of ice cream deserts is very extensive and offers a great choice. The portions size offers great value for money and everything is well presented.
The décor is really bright and airy and the staff are very attentive.