“An outstanding place”

Cuisines: Middle Eastern, Persian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 17, 2017

We eat at the Mediterranean Grill frequently. It is BYOB. The dining space is modestly sized, but is quiet enough for pleasant conversation. The wait staff is attentive and pleasant. The menu offers plentiful varety of meat and vegetarian dishes. Two of our favorites are the lentil soup and Theo Timothy salad. The eggplant main dishes and the kabobs are also very good. The dishes are fresh, well spiced ashy. eat.

Reviewed December 10, 2016

Went for dinner last night, and it was my first time in the restaurant. The ambience of the restaurant was very nice. Good music, good service. There were two areas where I felt kind of gypped, though. First, the flavors of what we ordered. I've eaten Meditteranean food from many restaurants. The food that I was served was very bland. It's not that the food was poorly prepared, as the food looked and tasted fresh. It was that the food was not spicy at all. I started out with the hummus. Very blah. Like they mashed some beans together and forgot to add salt (or anything else) to give the hummus any flavor. My wife had the Butternut Squash soup as her appetizer, and she did love that. I ordered the chicken and rice for my entree, and was also disappointed with the lack of flavor and spice on my plate. The meal was well prepared otherwise, with the products looking and tasting fresh, if not flavorful. Frankly, for the prices that we paid, I was expecting more.

3  Thank bgluckma
Reviewed July 25, 2016

Great atmosphere. I have always gotten a delicious and healthy meal. Very enjoyable and the waitstaff is very friendly and attentive.

1  Thank stabes6
Reviewed May 3, 2016 via mobile

I've lived in the area for a while, but I've never eaten here. I had a craving for a good hummus and I figured a place called Mediterranean Grill would have a really good hummus.
It was a Friday night at 8:00pm and I was the only customer. That says a lot! They had live music, a young woman singing. It felt weird to be the lone customer and being sung to - a little depressing.
The hummus I ordered was awful, grainy, a dark color and oily. I didn't even finish it. I also had chicken with mushrooms. The portion was generous. The chicken was just ordinary, but was covered in greasy cheese. The rice was hard and bland.
I barely finished anything. The place was depressing and the food mediocre.

Reviewed April 14, 2016

The food here is always wonderful. Nice selection of salad starters, including our favorite Ottimo, and good main courses for vegetarians or omnivores. There is an eggplant dish that just melts in your mouth, cooked just right. When they have fish it is fresh and delicate. The meat dishes are light, don't weigh you down but definitely fill you up. We haven't ever had a meal here that we did not like.