“Outstanding Food”

Cuisines: Middle Eastern, Persian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 26 July 2017

This was our first choice for a delicious meal on our first night in Bryn Mawr hPa. I highly recommend the sampler plate and don't neglect the desserts. You are greeted with an upscale dining experience and amazing smells of exotic spices. I had the seafood trio and others had the fresh wild grilled salmon and one had a lentil based stew served with rice. The ice cream was a rose water flavor that balanced perfectly Also ordered the baklava sampler which was delicious.
The main dishes did not disappoint and friends at surrounding tables were equally pleased. The dolma and anything eggplant is perfect. The tadig is difficult to prepare and I would order that again and again. We just don't often see that offered in west coast restaurants so this rice dish with a crusty scorched bottom was perfectly prepared. Next time I will order with out the sauce even though it was also delicious - Sa cbezio. YUM! But I like that crunchy scorched taste all by itself. This is a delicious upscale and yet casual place with great food and friendly service.

Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

We happened to be in the area and we were looking for something lighter and healthier for lunch and decided to try this place. We knew nothing of this place and were the first people to stop in for lunch on a Saturday so we were a bit concerned. No need to be the food was great! We started with the appetizer sampler which had all of our middle eastern favorites! Next I had the roasted eggplant dish and the wife had the barq which was essentially grilled filet. The eggplant was really delicious and it was a perfectly sized portion! The filet was pretty good but slightly overcooked for the type of cut it is. All in all the meal was delicious and we will be back! It is definitely on the pricier side at $80 for lunch for two so maybe why it was slow but a few couples did end up joining us by the end.

Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

The food was fresh and good, but nothing great. There are better places around. Like other reviewers stated kind of bland. Nothing was good but not memorable.

Reviewed 18 July 2017

Lunch and dinner are identical menus, which makes dinner cheaper and lunch more expensive.
Lentil soup is outstanding.
Their lunch specials run for only 1 hour each day.

Reviewed 5 June 2017 via mobile

I stopped in last night to order an appetizer and salad to compliment the chicken my husband was making at home. The appetizer was similar to tzatziki dip, but had mint added to it. It was called Mast-O-Kheyar. For the salad, we ordered the Ottimo. It had walnuts, black eyed peas, diced tomato, shredded cabbage, carrots, lemon, scallions, dill, and extra virgin oil dressing. It was very light and fresh. I felt it to be a perfect side salad to complement a meat entree. Although I got food to go, if you do eat in it is byob which is always a plus!