“Mama's Restaurant Butler, Pa”

No photo provided
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 15, 2017

Mama Rosa's has been in business for years serving some of the best Italian dishes in Butler. Always a good meal and great service at Mama's.{wine and alcohol available}..

Reviewed September 8, 2017

After having a hot sausage sandwich at a local Italian festival, we were looking forward to eating here. Disappointing, frugal and unorganized. Starting out, we tried to enter a door under a sign under a restaurant/ lounge sign. Door wouldn't open. Walk around to another door which opens into an entry split between a bar and a dining room. Second, after standing in the doorway, right next to a hostess(?) we finally asked if we were to seat ourselves. She acted as if she hadn't seen us. Not possible. We were less than a foot away. She was ignoring us. After we were seated, our waitress came right over. My husband asked for a beer. She clearly did not know what was on tap, nor offer to check. I asked for iced tea. She brought sliced bread. Not fresh, and I'm not sure it was breadworks, which is what they had at festival. Waitress brought tea, no sweetener. I ask for sweetener. Sugar and pink stuff. REALLY ?? cheap. We ordered fried green tomatoes. They were okay. With ranch and marinara. When we finished tomatoes I was dipping my bread in marinara and hostess came and swiped it off the table, mid dip. She had to see that. She was walking towards me. Salad, soup, stuffed meatball for me. My salad had ONE grape tomato and a sliver of cucumber. Vegetables are more than plentiful right now. My husband had a meatball hoagie. He felt he had two meatballs cut in two. Bread was toasted, so he couldn't tell if it was fresh. At 50.00 I can think of better places to eat. Won't return.

Reviewed July 7, 2017

I had the cheese ravioli. It was pretty decent, certainly al dente pasta if nothing else. The sauce is sold in jars for take home, but I was not really impressed with the marinara that I had on my ravioli or I would have bought a jar to take home; It was okay but I have had better. Wedding soup was good but only got a small cup as part of the meal. Bread was good Italian bread served with softened butter which was a nice touch. Coffee was good. There is a dining room and a separate bar area where there are tables as well. Good natural lighting from skylights and windows for a good atmosphere in the dining room.

Reviewed June 12, 2017

We always try to go to the local restaurants when on vacation because many times you can find something really special. We found something really special here.

The food takes a bit of time to get to the table, but it's made when you order and isn't sitting under a heat lamp.

I had the stuffed meatball and my wife chose the Italian sampler. Both were absolutely excellent! These were big meals that we could have probably split. Instead, we had a late lunch/early dinner and got by with only two meals on the day. I would either do this or split a meal for those with smaller appetites.

The restaurant is clean and the staff is very friendly. Don't let the fact that you enter on the bar side deter you from staying. The restaurant is very, very nice. Service is great as well.

As a bonus, you can purchase several of their sauces to go!

Reviewed May 14, 2017 via mobile

Wonderful little place tucked in the middle of nowhere. Everything they serve is delicious. The sauces, pasta and pretty much everything is homemade. Service is great. Must go to this place!