Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
FindHotelUS$110
Hotels.comUS$109
Expedia.comUS$109
PricelineUS$109
eDreamsUS$98
TravelocityUS$109
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed September 19, 2020

When arrived in the evening there was no one at the front desk or lobby. Stood there for and walked around trying to find someone. The person for the front desk finally made their way to the lobby for the restaurant. The person did not represent a good start with their appearance. Got our room keys and the person never offered us any information about the place, or breakfast or anything. Went up to our rooms for we were all tired. When getting our showers, the drain the tub did not hardly work at all. The water us up to my ankles by the time I got done. Had to mess around with the drain to get the water out so my wife could get her shower. The water was not very hot either. The room was clean though and the bed was nice. Did like the garage parking also.

Date of stay: September 2020
1  Thank WAYNPEA
Sarah O'Fee, Marketing at Hotel Anthracite, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2020

Dear WAYNPEA,

Thank you for choosing Hotel Anthracite for your family birthday getaway. We’re delighted you made us part of your celebrations. We appreciate your feedback about check-in and the maintenance issue. We’ll be sure to relay your concerns with our staff. Be assured your experiences are not the norm, and we apologize for any inconveniences. We hope to see you again in Carbondale.

Reviewed May 23, 2020 via mobile

Be very careful if you make a reservation or plan an event at any of the properties managed by this company (Settlers Hospitality Group). We canceled an event in April due to the COVID 19 pandemic that was s supposed to take place in September and were told our 1000$ deposit would be returned. 3 weeks later.... no refund, so we call and are told by the manager that we are not being refunded because the CEO changed his mind. I asked to be contacted by him and I get no response. I hope they feel good about keeping my money

Date of stay: May 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
5  Thank U5896UPcharlesb
Sarah O'Fee, Marketing at Hotel Anthracite, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2020

Dear U5896UPcharlesb,

We're disappointed to read this review of Hotel Anthracite. We understand cancellations during this time. We would like to know more about your experience, if you could please email the manager Chris at CSimpler@settlershospitality.com. We hope to win back your business in the future.

Reviewed April 8, 2020

OMG! Total scam hotel! I was charged a smoking in the room fee and I DONT SMOKE. When confronted they called me a liar!! Then I was told I was in a room with 3 guys! Not true! Then I was told oh you didn't smoke..you threw up on the bed! NOT TRUE!!!! They were so rude and unprofessional the "manager" should be fired!! Now I am going to fight them to get the charges back. DO NOT STAY HERE THEY ARE OBVIOUSLY TRYING TO MAKE MONEY BY SCAMMING PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Journeyafar9
Sarah O'Fee, Marketing at Hotel Anthracite, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2020

We are surprised to read your review. Please feel free to reach out to Chris the manager at csimpler@settlershospitality.com. We would be happy to revisit the situation with you.

Reviewed March 1, 2020

My family stayed for 3 nights while enjoying ski time at Elk Mountain. The hotel is nicely decorated and updated, always clean, and appears well maintained. There is a pretty courtyard area that looks enjoyable in warm weather.
We enjoyed the onsite restaurant and the inclusion of passes for the local YMCA (although we sadly did not get to use them).
Breakfast was good and included several options, including waffles and egg dishes you can heat up in the microwave. On our last morning (a Monday at 9am), we were faced with a messy eating space and little food left. We noticed the woman who normally staffed the breakfast room on the weekend was not there. The woman running the front desk also had to maintain cleaning and stocking for breakfast. I think this was a little much for one person on a holiday weekend. She was very helpful and quickly rectified the situation. A minor complaint for what was an overall pleasant stay.

Date of stay: February 2020
Sarah O'Fee, Marketing at Hotel Anthracite, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2020

Hi Sharon, we are pleased to hear you had a lovely stay at Hotel Anthracite. We appreciate your feedback on the breakfast and we have spoken to our staff. Thank you for sharing your experience at Hotel Anthracite and we hope we can welcome you back again soon

Reviewed January 19, 2020 via mobile

What a great place! We’d skied at Elk Mountain (also great) and had a night at Hotel Anthracite in Carbondale. Our room was modern and lovely - spotlessly clean. We ate the restaurant (Kol) food but chose to sit in the bar. The food was excellent and the barman, Joe, was amazing with great service as well as keeping us and the kids entertained with his card tricks! The Sunday burger and a beer for $10 is amazing value too. Our first, but I’m sure not our last, stay.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank stevec321
SettlersHospitality, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Anthracite, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2020

Dear stevec321,

Thank you for your review of Hotel Anthracite! We’re glad you enjoyed your stay with us along with our Sunday $10 Burger and Brew special. We’ll pass along your compliments to Joe! We hope to see you again for another stay in the future.