All reviews parking garage downtown carlisle dickinson college whiskey rebellion within walking distance hotel restaurant front desk gingerbread man historic area room was clean housekeeping staff exercise room waffles fitness center complimentary breakfast definitely stay here again the breakfast area
Reviewed September 10, 2018 via mobile

I was horrified and disgusted to find that sheets had not been changed in the room we were assigned. The bed was made up, so the housekeeping department clearly thinks it’s okay to leave dirty sheets for the next guest. We always carefully check beds before accepting a room, but I have never seen anything like this before. The sheets were smeared with what appeared to be excrement as well as either urine or semen. Stay away! Yuck.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Holly W, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2018

On behalf of the entire staff here at the Comfort Suites, allow me to apologize for the issue you experienced during your stay. Our housekeeping department absolutely does not make this issue a practice and I will be taking this issue directly to them and to our higher management. Thank you for giving us your feedback, we will use it to improve for the future.

Reviewed September 5, 2018

Well, here we are again for Corvettes at Carlisle Weekend 2018!! The Comfort Suites really feeling like "our home away from home"! I missed my favorite person by minutes (Holly Weaver, front office Manager) but a young man (new this year) looked up from the desk and said "welcome Mr. and Mrs. Nolan". Gee, how did he know us? Then he said, "You're just as Holly described you!" Great job Tim, and welcome to the Comfort Suites! The crowd started to fill up the lobby front desk and Tim worked diligently to keep the line moving. Everyone was really enjoying those Chocolate Chip Cookies and even with over 4 dozen the pile was quickly disappearing! Our room was in perfect condition and I really love the new bathroom storage bins to place my cosmetic bag and leave it there and not have to carry it in and out of the bathroom. Ruby and Dan, again, the BEST BREAKFAST each morning and love the way you KEEP the food coming and the coffee pots filled!! This trip wasn't our happiest as our Corvette developed a "cracked wheel" and we had to check out early and drive home to NJ to pick up our 2005 Town Car to finish our "Corvette Trip which continued on to West Virginia for another 3 days! Have to give credit to Holly again for taking the time to listen to our situation and making everything "right" with her warmest and sincerest caring attitude for our disappointing weekend this year. You and Brie and the new young man, Tim, at the front desk just make us feel as if we are the most welcomed guests each and every time we check in. The Comfort Suites certainly are fortunate to have you all working for them! The location of the Comfort Suites is really worth the price inasmuch as the town offers so many great shops and eating places including excellent food served in the hotel's very own restaurant (summer time dining on the patio too)..

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
Holly W, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2018

Mrs. Nolan,

We are so happy to hear that you and Mr. Nolan enjoyed your time with us, even if the weekend didn't work out the way it was supposed to. I always look forward to Corvette weekend because I get to see so many familiar faces (and voices) every year. I will be sure to show this review to Tim, Bri, Dan & Ruby so that they know that their hard work is noticed and appreciated by our guests. I hope that everything with your Corvette works out and look forward to seeing you and Mr. Nolan next year!

Reviewed August 18, 2018

I stayed here for a little shy of two weeks. The only negative I have is that the door to my room didn't fully close on its own, and I had to pull it shut. But I kept forgetting to say anything about it, so I didn't give them a chance to fix it.

The location is excellent and you can walk to any number of good eating and drinking establishments.

Overall service was good, nothing extraordinary but also no negatives that I can recall.

If I return to Carlisle, this would be my choice for where to stay.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Holly W, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time here at the Comfort Suites Carlisle. We hope that if you ever find yourself in the Carlisle again, that we will see you back for another visit!

Reviewed August 13, 2018

We stayed for one night at this hotel.
We arrived late and the night clerk was not very efficient.
He made an error on our bill that had to be corrected the next morning by the day clerk.
The driveway to get to the parking lot was one lane. There was a car blocking it and we had to wait 15 minutes to get through to the lot .
There is a charge to park your car.
Our suite was hardly big enough for 2 people.
It was long and narrow.
The kitchenette was a small refrigerator and microwave in a cabinet.
It did have a coffee maker.
The best feature of the room was it has loads of outlets to charge your phones and computers. It does have free WiFi and cable TV.

The bathroom was so tiny, you couldn't even shut the door properly.
The shower was also very small.
The bed was a king and comfortable.
Our view was of roofs of other buildings.
Not very picturesque.
Now for the "hot' breakfast.
You can make your own waffles which were very good.
The eggs and sausage were barely warm.
Good choice of cold and hot cereals and tea and coffee.
No ice for the juices.
Not a large variety of breads.
A few small muffins.

All in all, I was very disappointed in my room and this hotel.
It was a lot of money for a suite that was not really even a suite.
I would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
Holly W, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. On behalf of the entire staff here at the Comfort Suites, allow me to apologize for our property not exceeding your expectations. We are a downtown property, so of course there won't really be a nice view. However, I will be sure to pass your concerns on to the rest of our staff so that we can try to improve for the future.

Reviewed August 8, 2018 via mobile

This place is pretty awesome!! We stayed in town for a show at the Carlisle fairgrounds. Super convenient and close to everything. The bar and restaurant on premise is quite awesome as well! The staff is very helpful and rooms were very clean and up to date. Loved having a parking garage for the vehicles and also for security reasons!! Will be staying again next year

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Holly W, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2018

Matthew,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your time here. Car show weekends are always fun weekends at our property, so we are glad you were able to be here! Hopefully we will see you back again next year!