“A very nice room”

Days Inn Chambersburg
Ranked #11 of 16 Hotels in Chambersburg
Reviewed 9 September 2017

Spent one night here on the way back home from an antiques show.. The staff was very nice and helpful. The room was one of the cleanest that we have stayed in, and looked as if it had been recently updated (and I believe they are updating the matresses, as that does need to be done). They even let us get a late check out since we arrived very late. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Not Sure As We weren't ther long enough to see many rooms
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
DaysInnChambersburg, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Chambersburg, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2017

Dear Mikeslots,

Thank you so much for your kind comments and review regarding your most recent stay at the Days Inn Chambersburg Hotel. It's rewarding to learn that we exceeded your expectations with the accommodations, hospitality and cleanliness of our guest rooms. Your feedback will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to provide an
exceptional and memorable experience for every guest.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

The night stand had a sticky water ring that they didn't clean. Carpeting was dirty. Shower/bathtub gross! Wall in there had soap scum/water drops on it. Faucet leaked. And attached mat inside tub cracked and filthy. The guy at desk that night was rude. The guy in the morning was very nice. I am not picky with breakfast, but it was bad!! Fruit loops were stale. Drive by this one!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
DaysInnChambersburg, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Chambersburg, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2017

Dear Debbie H,

Thank you for completing our guest satisfaction survey and letting us know about your recent experience at our hotel. We want you to know that we take your comments to heart and that we are continuously discussing and implementing new ways to improve upon the guest experience at our hotel. It is through feedback like yours that we are able to quickly address housekeeping, maintenance, and staff courtesy issues, and I thank you for taking the time to share this experience.

Reviewed 25 July 2017

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
DaysInnChambersburg, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Chambersburg, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2017

Reviewed 22 July 2017

Tucker (my dog) and I arrived with no reservation, but a coupon from the booklet from the PN Welcome Center. Pet room available. Price was EXCELLENT!!! Breakfast was fine - simple but enough. But the rooms for people with dogs have a strong odor. Be prepared to run AC full blast to try to move the air.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
DaysInnChambersburg, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Chambersburg, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2017

Dear Colleen5080,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review and share your experience. I am happy to learn that you enjoyed the value and the breakfast of our hotel! I do want to assure you and all other guests that we clean and sanitize our guest rooms following each guest stay. It is a very important part of our policies in order to ensure that each guest enjoys a comfortable and clean environment. We hope you'll be truly impressed during your next guest experience at our hotel.

Reviewed 21 July 2017

The hallway carpet was very stained and needed some work. The hallway had a hole in the wall that needed to be repair. The wood work around the doors going into the breakfast area needed a good cleaning. The bed was comfortable but I didn't like finding wrappers from previous guests laying behind the couch and under the bed. That implies sloppy cleaning. The door to our room stuck at the top and apparently other doors were in the same condition because late into the night you could hear people slamming their room doors. The walls must not have had very much between them because we could clearly hear our neighbors when they spoke. The icing on the cake was when the man at the desk decided to tell me how he didn't like Government laws and got argumentative when I asked for a zero balance receipt as I was checking out. He told me I could "assume" that I would be charged whatever the "check-in" paperwork stated I would be charged. I didn't want to continue the "debate" and walked out into the parking lot to leave and he decided to follow me out the door to tell me the United States Government was corrupt. That was a lack of professionalism I felt was too much.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business

Dear justincE2734OX,

Thank you for sharing your experience, and I am very sorry for the inconveniences that you encountered during your stay. We appreciate your time in pointing out the areas in most need of attention as we work towards updating and improving upon our accommodations. We hope you can consider us again after the experience you had in us. We promise you a better service and a professional staff.

Reviewed 18 July 2017

Upon entering the bathroom, the seat was cracked about 5-6" and you had to add water to the tank to get it to flush properly. Both items were relayed to the front desk at checkout the next morning.

One of the beds had a nice cradle in the middle so my husband and I kept rolling into each other. The pillows need to be replaced also. The bed my son was on was better to sleep on.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
DaysInnChambersburg, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Chambersburg, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2017

Dear eileenk75,

Thank you for bringing to our attention your experience and comments regarding your stay. We would like to apologize for the inconvenience caused by the bathroom and the bed. We are now informing the management about the problem for the convenience of our customers. We thank you for sharing your concerns to us so we can continue improving our facilities for our dear customers. We hope to see you again soon!