New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Clarion Inn Chambersburg

Clarion Inn Chambersburg
Ranked #15 of 16 Hotels in Chambersburg
Provo, Utah
“Needs work but is fine if you're passing through”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2012

We stayed at Four Points Sheraton for two nights. We had originally planned three, but, were glad to check out a day early when our plans changed. The hotel lobby is clean, and the desk staff friendly. The room was clean but very dated and the hotel itself sits right next to a freeway offramp and a major road, so the noise goes all day and all night. The rooms are small with no fridge or microwave. There is coffee and tea in the room, which was nice considering the long walk to the lobby.

The complimentary breakfast was a nice addition, except for the food quality itself. The eggs were unpleasant and I am pretty sure they were from a powder mix. The ham was just lunch meat boiled and resting in it's boiling water. Other than that it was a passable breakfast.

The door to the parking area would lock at 11pm and you couldn't even access it with a room key card, so that meant walking all the way to the front door and then all the way back to your room.

As it was a Sheraton I had expected so much more. Even the beds were uncomfortable considering it was a Sheraton and I book them specifically for their soft beds.

Room Tip: get a room near the front desk or overlooking the pool to avoid the loud noise and the long walk fro...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank teresaa40
Four-Points-17201, General Manager at Clarion Inn Chambersburg, responded to this review, 8 August 2012
Dear Teresa,

Thank you for comments regarding your stay with us! We wanted to let you know that we do have minifridges and microwaves in some of the rooms standard and available upon request for others! We are sorry that you were not aware that you could make this request! Also, we have since re-vamped our breakfast experience with liquid eggs! And have changed to bacon and turkey sausage! We are working on installing a lock at the end of the hotel in which guests will be able to access via key card. We hope that these little improvements will make your guest experience all that you expected! We look forward to seeing you in the future!

Sincerely

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Tacoma,WA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2012

Our first contact with the hotel was a phone call about 9 am to see if there was a room available for the night and to check rates. The rate was reasonable and the clerk told us we could check in early. We are truckers and were pleased to find a large parking area across from the hotel that is owned/provided by the Sheraton for guests with large vehicles. The clerk (Joni) was very nice and even offered us breakfast since it was still being offered! The breakfast is a nice spread with scrambled eggs, sausage, yogurt, fruit, oatmea, cereal, and waffles. Plus there is coffee, tea, and apples at the front desk available 24 hours! Check in was a breeze and we got a room on the 2nd floor. It was a nice size room with a king bed, armchair and a work desk. The room also had a free bottle of water and a coffeemaker with tea and coffee. What it did not have was a fridge or microwave. Also, no flat screen tv. The bathroom was tiny with only 2 bath towels and no fan..but the shower had hot water and very good pressure! I didn't even see the pool or fitness room so I cannot comment on those. Oh, and my room had no hint of cigarette smoke as the hotel is 100% smoke-free with a $200 charge (posted in the room) for any hint of someone smoking! The bed and pillows were very comfortable and the Wi-Fi worked great! We will happily stay here from now on when we visit Chambersburg.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony. If you need a fridge...you have to ask!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Cary, North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2012

We needed to break up a trip between NC and western NY, so we booked a room a head of time here. We chose this hotel because of the price, the Sheraton brand, and the fact that it was a 100% smoke free hotel. We noticed a smell in the room that we couldn't quite place, but it was late, and the bed was comfortable. The next morning, when I stepped into the shower, I felt like I was stepping into an ashtray! We let the front desk know so we wouldn't be charged a $200 cleaning fee. They were confused because the room number they had assigned us was not the room number the night clerk had given us. Won't be staying here again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Chambersburg hotels

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2012

My hubby & I are locals, forced out of our home on Vday due to sewer issues. We chose this hotel based on proximity and price ($75 incl taxes and fees for a king). I've used this place for meetings and assumed the guest rooms would be as acceptable as the meeting rooms. Glad to be pleasantly surprised.Our room was really nice and HUGE! Big desk area, free wifi that worked, fridge, armoire for clothes...all modern and clean. Bathroom while small was freshly renovated and also very clean. We were so tired, we collapsed into bed. The firm mattress was comfy but I should have checked out the pillow situation. Most of the pile of pillows was just 2 super size throw pillow--worthless for sleeping. No extras in room, too tired to request them. We still slept ok and will enthusiastically recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed February 2012
V
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2012

I spent the night in Chambersburg, visiting family. I choose the Hotel because the price was right and the Hotel looks nice from the outside.
The staff was friendly the room was clean and very comfortable.
I did not stay for breakfast but the set up looked nice.
I did find the policy of adding 10% to my bill ~ just in case of damage ~ a little annoying. The charge is supposed to be refunded but so far it hasn't been. The desk person that I talked to the the following day told me that there was a sign where I checked in stating the charge.
The policy was not on my statement.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
Sarasota, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2011

Now one can't expect too much from Four Points, but this hotel ranks on the low end of the scale. The property looks fairly good grom the outside and goes down hill from there. One is reminded of a circa 1978 property that might be located in a republic located in the former soviet union. If the room decor was not current..the property would have all the attributes of a cold war era hotel. The front desk is polite and fairly efficient but the common areas are dismal. The bathrooms would make a jail cell feel expansive and the pool is just plain scarry.
If your traveling to this area..I would look at other options...and don't try to locate the bar or are a place for lunch or dinner in the hotel...they do not exsist.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
On The Road
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2011

Don't let the price of this property scare you away - while it is priced below most Starwood properties, it is on par in terms of service, quality, and value.
The price is vary fair.
The hotel is located very conveniently right off I-81 - there is a Ruby Tuesdays next door, along with McDonald's and Long John Silver's.

The free breakfast is very easy to skip, as it's poorly organized, and the quality of the food is poor as well. However, for the price paid, I didn't expect anything stellar.

I can't say enough about the rooms - they are SO comfortable. It feels like visiting home, even if just for a night or two. The rooms are very well appointed, well maintained, with all the comforts of home. The bathrooms are small, BUT they are sufficient.

I love how comfortable the rooms are! I can't say that enough. I have stayed here three nights total over two visits.

You really can't beat the convenience, the clean comfortable rooms, and all at a very reasonable.
If you're staying in the area, the Four Points is an obvious choice!

Room Tip: I would ask for a 2nd or 3rd floor room - some rooms have a balcony with a beautiful view of a strea...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business