“Eh there are better and worst campgrounds out there”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Champion
Mountain Pines Campground
Reviewed 10 December 2014

I really don't find anything special about this place. I've been here twice. The first time we went as a family vacation during a holiday. We reserved our spot well in advanced based off a previous experience. When we got to the campground, our site was taken by some random person. The company did nothing to resolve this issue and wanted us to take our Motorhome into a spot that was muddy and sinking in due to the weight of the motorhome. I went up after my family had already arrived, I was a part of the reservation yet I was charged a $10 fee to spend the night although my family had already paid for me being a part of the reservation.

The second time we went, we reserved another spot that we had found and liked as it had gravel and was easier to pull into. Well they said they would have it but once we got to the campground it was taken by a now permanent site.

I'm all up for having a good time around a fire pit with my friends but the noise levels during the last holiday were insane. People next to us were up until 3am at least partying and carrying on. There was no one from the campground making sure to enforce the quiet hours policy.

There isn't much going on for this place as far as amenities. You have to pay an arm and a leg for Wifi. The 'general' store has nothing but junk in it. They do hold movies on some nites and have both an indoor and an outdoor pool which is nice.

I don't like the place enough to go back, however my dad likes it due to the location. It's not far from Pittsburgh, PA and there are other things in the surrounding area to do.

Room Tip: Spots by the back, near the road are actually pretty quiet from road traffic and have a nicer select...
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Tammy A

Reviewed 23 October 2014

I have been going here since I was a teenager. After traveling many places around the area, my parents decided to get a permanent site. I have seen many changes in this place. I like it up here so much that I have decided to buy the trailer from my mom. The people up here are extremely friendly. There are many activities for all ages: from bands, to dj's, to movies, to crafts and games for kids. They also have an indoor and outdoor pool, basketball courts, mini golf, access to the walking/biking trail, and a stream that they stock yearly. They have started upgrading electricity and seem to have a handle on the sewage problems they once experienced. They are trying to make the place more camper friendly. As long as we keep seeing improvements, this will be our summer home for years to come.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Kim771
Reviewed 12 October 2014

This is a gem. I am so glad that my husband and I looked around at different campgrounds to call our summer home. We had been staying at a campground not to far away from Mountain Pines, but the overall experience there was not so good. We wanted a different place to spend our time. We were very judgemental in finding a new location, and Mountain Pines was by far the best place we found. Lisa helped make this decision easy, she is so nice and caring and will do anything for you. The whole office and security staff is the same way. Everyone has been so welcoming to us and my family. Thank you for helping make this move a great experience. They have activities throughout the whole weekend, things for every age. Bingo, Fishing for kids, swimming, indoor and outdoor. DJ's, Bands, Movies. etc.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank 1JMT
Reviewed 2 October 2014 via mobile

The lady that runs this place is Awesome. This is my first year at this place. We love it. I would never think of moving. Thanks a ton. The fishing is wonderful ,my kids love the store,great ice cream.

Stayed: September 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Ken T
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Since the last review was made a year ago, I thought I would add my thoughts. Mountain Pines is no longer owned by Morgan RV, which is a good thing. Over this spring and summer I have seen lots of improvements because our money can stay here. We have been seasonal campers for 3 years and there is something here for everyone. It is also close to many attractions such as Ohiopyle and Falling Water. Give it a try, it's all shattered you make of it.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
7  Thank JTMT95
Reviewed 25 August 2013

I reserved 7 tents sites for a family weekend camping trip. We had a great time. There was so much for the everyone to enjoy. We went swimming in the indoor and outdoor pool, wagon ride, played basketball and watched the band. There was plenty more to do but we needed more time. Everyone there was very nice. I'm am looking to purchase a rv that is for sale. This is a place that I would love to make our family camping site for years to come. We will definitely be returning. Thanks Lisa

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Renee S
Reviewed 30 July 2013

I book for the week-end of 4th of July 2013 ,a tent spot with 5 days in advance. We been charged by phone,of couse.But family problems occurred and we call for cancelation. Person on the phone,said no refund but we gonna have credits for another week-end. I called several time,and finally I spoke with manager Christina. I asked her if it is ok. to book a cabin instead of a tent spot. We made arrangements for week-end June 26,27,28 2013 ! I was even designated the cabin no% 1 . We left from Pittsburgh Pa. When we arrived at Camp's gate...Christina came out,screeming at me and my husband saying: Did I tell you,that we are booked for the next 2 weeks ! Oh,my Godness,what the hell was in her mind when we maid the reservation ??? She is irresponsible person ! So,we made our trip back to Pittsburgh ! Never go there again,never !

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
14  Thank Romanian2013

Been to Mountain Pines Campground? Share your experiences!