US$100
US$127
US$99
US$80
Hotels.com
Foggy Mountain Lodge(Stahlstown)(Great Value!)
US$75
  • Restaurant
US$129
Hampton.com
US$71
QualityInn
Econo Lodge Somerset PA(Somerset)(Great Value!)
US$53
US$108
US$51
All reviewsseasonal campersindoor poollaurel highlandsplace to staybingoamenities
Reviewed July 19, 2015 via mobile

We reserved months in advance. When we arrived we were taken to a spot in the mud with water hookups so close to the ground we couldn't hook up. We were moved to a site so slanted we couldn't level. Lots of smokers, like a bar in the 70's. Pool looked nice but paint rubbed off on our bathing suits. There was an additional charge for TV and internet. There were so many golf carts that it felt dangerous to walk. Also lots of loud music late at night.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
3  Thank Greg B
Reviewed May 25, 2015

This place is just one word, terrible. The bathrooms were disgusting, the people up there all they do is gossip about other travelers. And the security is useless up there. I suggest not going there to "relax"

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank kayli r
Reviewed December 10, 2014

I really don't find anything special about this place. I've been here twice. The first time we went as a family vacation during a holiday. We reserved our spot well in advanced based off a previous experience. When we got to the campground, our site was taken by some random person. The company did nothing to resolve this issue and wanted us to take our Motorhome into a spot that was muddy and sinking in due to the weight of the motorhome. I went up after my family had already arrived, I was a part of the reservation yet I was charged a $10 fee to spend the night although my family had already paid for me being a part of the reservation.

The second time we went, we reserved another spot that we had found and liked as it had gravel and was easier to pull into. Well they said they would have it but once we got to the campground it was taken by a now permanent site.

I'm all up for having a good time around a fire pit with my friends but the noise levels during the last holiday were insane. People next to us were up until 3am at least partying and carrying on. There was no one from the campground making sure to enforce the quiet hours policy.

There isn't much going on for this place as far as amenities. You have to pay an arm and a leg for Wifi. The 'general' store has nothing but junk in it. They do hold movies on some nites and have both an indoor and an outdoor pool which is nice.

I don't like the place enough to go back, however my dad likes it due to the location. It's not far from Pittsburgh, PA and there are other things in the surrounding area to do.

Room Tip: Spots by the back, near the road are actually pretty quiet from road traffic and have a nicer selection of spots for motorhomes. Though a spot near the pool would be better for younger families.
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Tammy A
Reviewed October 23, 2014

I have been going here since I was a teenager. After traveling many places around the area, my parents decided to get a permanent site. I have seen many changes in this place. I like it up here so much that I have decided to buy the trailer from my mom. The people up here are extremely friendly. There are many activities for all ages: from bands, to dj's, to movies, to crafts and games for kids. They also have an indoor and outdoor pool, basketball courts, mini golf, access to the walking/biking trail, and a stream that they stock yearly. They have started upgrading electricity and seem to have a handle on the sewage problems they once experienced. They are trying to make the place more camper friendly. As long as we keep seeing improvements, this will be our summer home for years to come.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Kim771
Reviewed October 12, 2014

This is a gem. I am so glad that my husband and I looked around at different campgrounds to call our summer home. We had been staying at a campground not to far away from Mountain Pines, but the overall experience there was not so good. We wanted a different place to spend our time. We were very judgemental in finding a new location, and Mountain Pines was by far the best place we found. Lisa helped make this decision easy, she is so nice and caring and will do anything for you. The whole office and security staff is the same way. Everyone has been so welcoming to us and my family. Thank you for helping make this move a great experience. They have activities throughout the whole weekend, things for every age. Bingo, Fishing for kids, swimming, indoor and outdoor. DJ's, Bands, Movies. etc.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled with family