All reviewsseasonal campersnice campgroundindoor poollaurel highlandsplace to staybingoamenities
Reviewed August 29, 2016

Mountain Pines is located in the beautiful Laurel Highlands only a few minutes form the PA turnpike, Hidden Valley Resort, and Seven Springs resort. There are many dining options close from fine dinning to fast food and 2 local grocery stores. The campground itself has nearly 800 sites and many are permanent or seasonal sites although section D has many sites for weekend or weekly camping. The laundry room and bath houses are clean and have been updated. The store is stocked well and also serves ice cream.

I have been permanent camping here with a group of friends for nearly 1 season now and will share my experiences and perspectives as follows:
1 Campground management and staff do a great job and are very approachable.
2 Management encourages input and ideas and values feedback.
3 Site improvements are encouraged and recommended.
4 A golf cart is not necessary but I encourage it as this is a large and busy campground.
5 sheds are permitted 100 square feet or less
6 There are 2 great pools a very large outdoor pool and a nice sized indoor pool.
7 Many upgrades have been completed including miniature golf, bath houses, and exterior painting
8 The entertainment is fantastic with weekly bands including Metro, Switch, and many more. Fireworks on Independence weekend were very nice. Weekly Bingo seems to have a nice following and movies seem to be attended. Please look at Mountain Pines web site as so many activities go on here that I cannot mention them all.
9 Fun is encouraged within the rules of the campground

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank KSM67
Reviewed July 7, 2016

Horrible management. Lots of golf carts. Rude people... And that's just the start! Me and my family came her a couple of weeks ago and the incompetence was astounding. My campsite wasn't ready so I had to deal with the rude staff.... Trust me you can't even imagine how rude they are. Then when I finally got my camping site I discovered it was all mud. They moved us to a different site ( plenty of open sites... We were the only crazy ones staying at that campground) that had a horrible country band play on Saturday. That night my kid almost got ran over by one of the speeding golf carts... All in all it was a truly awful experience

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Marriedwithcamper
Reviewed September 28, 2015

My husband and I stayed at Mountain Pines campground over Labor Day weekend. We normally do not like huge campgrounds like this where the sites are one on top of the other; however, we had no choice as our plans changed and we did not have reservations anywhere and could not find any at a campground more our style. We didn’t hate this place, just not what we look for. Because it was Labor Day it was packed, almost every site was booked. There are hundreds of sites in this campground in many sections. Many of the sites are seasonal residents, and some to not keep up their sites. Tons of people are driving around on golf carts making driving very difficult.

When we arrived, we were given a site that was very difficult to pull into due to the closeness of sites, the trees around, and cars parked everywhere. The Wi-Fi and Cable TV cost extra so we ordered both (they are provided through an outside company). I paid $10 for Wi-Fi for three days, it was so slow it was almost unusable. My husband ordered Cable TV for the weekend so he could watch the College Football games and it never worked. He called several times for the company to come service and they never showed up. There were good however, and refunded the amount to us when he called and requested the refund. I did not go swimming in the pool because some of our neighbors said there were things floating in the pool like paint chips that were peeling off the cement.

The night we arrived my husband went to the Clubhouse where they were offering a “fish” special. He ordered the meals for us, and when he went to pay, found out they did not take charge cards. He had to walk all the way back to our site to get cash from me, and then back to get the food. It was cold when he got back, and they thought nothing of giving it to us. I understand it was our fault for not having cash (did not know that was a requirement); however, good customer service would have been to take our site number with his ID, given him the food, and let us take the money back to them.

On the positive side the bathrooms were nice and the people were friendly. They have a nice dog park area which was great for our dogs as walking them to “potty” was almost futile as dogs were everywhere and they had no interest in going to the bathroom. They also had a lot of activities that weekend (Christmas celebration, bands, weekend garage sale, and movie night).

It is not a bad place, not a good place, just so-so. We were happy to just find a place to stay for the Labor Day weekend.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Susan E
Reviewed July 19, 2015 via mobile

We reserved months in advance. When we arrived we were taken to a spot in the mud with water hookups so close to the ground we couldn't hook up. We were moved to a site so slanted we couldn't level. Lots of smokers, like a bar in the 70's. Pool looked nice but paint rubbed off on our bathing suits. There was an additional charge for TV and internet. There were so many golf carts that it felt dangerous to walk. Also lots of loud music late at night.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
3  Thank Greg B
Reviewed May 25, 2015

This place is just one word, terrible. The bathrooms were disgusting, the people up there all they do is gossip about other travelers. And the security is useless up there. I suggest not going there to "relax"

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family