I could not refuse a great stay/ski package deal but the weather was not on our side. Most of the slopes were not open and I have seen more bare naked mountain than snow even when the resort try to make snow. The weather was simply too warm. Due to the lack of good skiing, the resort credited us with $30 per person for not being able to ski at night. We stayed on the 10th floor and the room was actually quite nice for the ski resort. I have no major complaint about the quality of food except the Christmas dinner buffet had beyond rotten potato salad. I think the resort did as best as they could since there were about 300 Chinese families who booked for the Christmas special package deal as well and the waiting time was very long at times to get a table and to get the food.
We have two small kids and they were quite happy with kids meal, indoor miniture golf, arcade and the pool!
Only minor complaint I have is that the guy watching people get off the lift at the top of the mountain was not paying attention at all. There were number of small kids falling as they were getting off the lift and the staff did not stop the lift allowing it to run over the kids. The same guy did not even make an attempt to come out and get the ski back to the parent or the kid...
And this happended multiple times.
Other than the minor issue with one of the staff, we had a great time.
Make sure not to get a room on the 4th floor since everyone from the tower uses the hallway all through the hours to get to the restaurants/bars etc...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Seven Springs Mountain Resort is the perfect place for family vacations that create lifelong memories. Each year the family-friendly resort hosts more than one million overnight and day guests who enjoy a vacation that includes the finest skiing, snowboarding and golf that Pennsylvania has to offer, the exhilaration of the new Laurel Ridgeline Canopy Tours, sporting clays and the ultimate in relaxation at the luxurious Trillium Spa.Seven Springs is conveniently located just off the Pennsylvania Turnpike, located within 200 miles of Pittsburgh, Washington, D.C., Baltimore, Cleveland and Columbus.With more than 60,000 square feet of meeting space available, Seven Springs hosts more than 1,000 meetings, conferences and banquet groups each year. Seven Springs Mountain Resort can accommodate more than 5,000 overnight guests in its perfectly appointed 414-room, 10-story high-rise hotel, nearly 1,200 condominiums and town homes, 11 cottages and 15 chalets. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- 7 Springs Mountain Resort
- Seven Springs Pa
- Seven Springs Resort Champion
- Seven Springs Mountain Champion
- Seven Springs Mountain Hotel Champion