“Over Staffed and Under Trained- Over Priced Everything”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Champion
Seven Springs Mountain Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Champion
Reviewed 22 September 2012 via mobile

My Wife and I Stayed here for the Mother Earth News Fair
I have never in my life seen so many employees on duty at an establishment at one time.
Now this typically would be a great thing but in this case it creates chaos and a zoo.
These people are undertrained and extremely unprofessional.
I can't count on my digits the amount of times I heard profanity spewing from some young lady flirting with the security guard that was standing on the luggage cart.
Every restaurant was overstaffed.
A chef with no teeth brought my food with no gloves and showed the cashier how to run her cash register at one outdoor resort owned food vendor.
At Timbers for an evening meal we waited 15 minutes for a waitress.
The hostess gave us menus to the wrong restaurant .
Nothing on the online menu was available.
At any given time there was 5-8 employees wandering aimlessly.
One waitress stopped by our table long enough to give a discusted look and moved on.
Around every corner you will find signs of management neglect.
How Sad

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Simplylivingunited

Reviewed 14 September 2012

Beautiful setting for a mountain resort nestled in the Laurel Highlands of the Appalachian Mountains with great views and a lot of activities. It had been several years (~15) since I had been to Seven Springs and was looking forward to seeing it again. The zip lines are great and the availability of the indoor and outdoor pools were very nice - great for the kids and adults alike. The breakfast buffet that came with the stay was better than expected. However, the rooms in the main lodge were small and dated. The bathroom only fit one at a time (a little difficult with 3 girls…) and the carpets and duvets needed to be replaced. Overall, the available activities and amenities are good, but the rooms/lodging need some work. I would go again for the activities – skiing, zip line, pool, but probably will not stay on property.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Karen G, Front Office Manager at Seven Springs Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2012

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your recent stay at Seven Springs Mountain Resort. We pride ourselves on excellent service and being a fun, Four-Seasons Resort. While, we continuously update and improve our facilities, you may want to consider making your next reservation in our already updated, Tower section of the Hotel. Should you wish to set up a future reservation, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Warmest regards,
Karen Gray
Hotel Front Office Manager
Seven Springs Mountain Resort
814-352-7777 ext. 7575

Reviewed 14 September 2012 via mobile

7 Spring has been remodeling many of the common areas and doing a great job. The hotel rooms are nice but a little "tired"...hopefully they will remodel them as well. The Trillium Spa is fabulous!!! I have been to many spas...NYC, South Beach, etcand this continues to be one of my favorite. My husband cannot say enough good things about the sporting clays facility... He even likes it better than Nemacolin! We visit this resort every year and this was the first time we were disappointed in Helen's, the fine dining restaurant. There were 7 of us and we waited forever for out food. The salads didn't even come out at the same time...about 15 minutes apart. We will probably pass on Helen's next year. The Sunday brunch in the main lodge, once again, was great!

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed 13 September 2012

My GF and I stayed here for a weekend a trip this summer during their wine festival. This resort is settled amongst some of the most scenic mountains in PA. I give it high marks for location. However, upon arriving, I had to wait in line for 30 minutes just to check in at the front desk. We then went to our rooms and were moderately disappointed in how they looked. The place looked "old". Just very old, 70's style decor with panelling EVERYWHERE. God forbid that place ever catches on fire because it would probably go up like kindling. The hallways were dirty and dark, and the signs were terrible. Several times I heard people saying "where do we go?" Now, the wine festival was great, lots of choices, but they called it a "Wine and Food Festival". Well, unless they wanted us to graze on the grass, I saw no food....other than the food offered inside their restaurants that was no different than any other day. Now, they did have enough activities to keep us busy. We rode the Alpine Slide, took a walk through some trails, ski lift rides to the top of the mountain, paddleboating on Lake Tahoe, etc. So, the amenities were nice. My criticism of Seven Springs is this.....you are one of the most popular places to ski in this area - you are certainly the MOST EXPENSIVE (my goodness, are things expensive there) - couldn't you spend some money and update that place? Every hallway I walked down, I expected to bump into Ron Jeremy. There were two "restaurants" that we ate at - ironically they shared the same buffet. The wait staff on the Timbers side were very pleasant and hospitable - the wait staff on the Mountainside were rude (our waitress over there was actually complaining to another waitress about "all these people" - what people? You mean the ones PAYING YOUR SALARY, you ungrateful hound?) We decided one night to order a pizza. After standing in line for 15 minutes, we overheard the cashier say pizzas won't be ready for at least an hour. We asked the consierge how to find a certain room, and all he did was point at the wall and say "that way". So, I think the staff there needs some SERIOUS customer service classes. But in spite of these things, we still managed to have a good time because we entertained ourselves with wine and other activities. And to be fair, the front desk staff were very nice. I would probably stay here again but since Seven Springs is such a big ski resort, I'd probably stay in the winter and see if the service was any better.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank tdornber
Reviewed 4 September 2012

Recently stayed for 2 nights and had a great time. Room was nice and breakfast buffet was fantastic. We arrived Thursday afternoon and did the Laurel Valley zip line and then got the activities bracelet for the next day. Timing was great because even though my Daughter and her friend did not start school yet most other districts must have because the lines for activities were non existent! Overall it was a great stay and we will go back next year!!

Reviewed 4 September 2012

We have gone to Seven Springs for approx 25 years, staying in chalets on property. They have progressively gotten worse. When booking this year, we got different prices from several people. Wanted 2 chalets next to each other but when we got there they gave us 12 & 17-NOT next to each other! Managed to change that. One chalet we got was newly renovated and none of the plumbing in the kitchen worked; called them to fix it & no one ever showed. The other chalet was disgusting. Stained carpet; wet carpet; they called it "rustic". Maid service did not come until after 3 pm one day-after we had to call front desk. Don't plan to ever go back.

Room Tip: Try the lodge instead of chalets
2  Thank Linda M
Reviewed 3 September 2012

We visited Seven Springs Resort for the first time and there were many pluses and minuses.

PROS:
1. I have to say one of the best things about this resort was a staff member named Heather. I thought she went so out of her way for us. She recognized that we were there to do things and spend money at the resort. I was so impressed with her (especially I thought the rest of the staff was sub-par at best including someone else telling me that peddle-paddle didn't exist and then Heather gave me a brochure later in the day showing that activity, which was more then frustrating). She was more then accommodating for us- got us signed up for activities, into Helen's etc. She truly cared about our experience!! I can say that her level of service blew me away and one reason I would suggest coming back to my boyfriend in the winter. In fact, at one point, a staff member (who I would say was almost unfriendly to us and completely unhelpful) said she was being too helpful for us in regards getting reservations. I couldn't believe her co-worker would be so unprofessional and rude in front of me. How select places and whether I come back is based not only on the room but the customer service. Heather gave the type of service that you would receive at a 5-star resort and was talented and instrumental in our weekend being better. I would highly recommend asking for her by name.

2. The Spa- we had massages and was totally worth the prices, beautiful spa, talented masseuses.

3. Size of room was spacious

4. Helen's- great atmosphere and very good dinner.

5. Breakfast buffet was delicious.

CONS:

1. Room had a smell to it that did not go away. It is also looks pretty outdated besides the flat screens. The tvs had no movie options which was a disappointment.

2. Since it was a labor day weekend-it seemed all the activities were booked. We were trying to do a play it by ear weekend but it was hard to do anything as there was 4 weddings going on at the resort. Next time I would make reservations ahead of time. However, Heather was able to get us in for a least one activity we could enjoy.

3. The rest of the staff was so-so and some of the front desk was downright rude. I heard people making requests and questions where they were barely being acknowledged and the questions were not answered. It was unbelievable which is why I wanted to give credit to Heather. I honestly think if we had not found her, we would possibly not be going back to this resort.

4. Rest of the food was so-so and expensive. There wasn't alot of options either when eating at the resort.

5. Bed's weren't great

Room Tip: Our room was on the first floor and was quiet however had a musty smell to it. Buckets were sitting...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Champion
11.0 km away
18.8 km away
A1Economy Inn
A1Economy Inn
#6 of 12 in Somerset

Been to Seven Springs Mountain Resort? Share your experiences!