“Hello From Florida - Family Ski Trip”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Champion
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Champion
Reviewed 7 February 2013

Flew into Pittsburgh, stayed at the Hampton inn Somerset one night, then came here for the 2 night Family Memories package. This was a college graduation present for our daughter, and her boyfriend came along (first time flying and seeing snow). The negatives on our first day was that lift tickets would not start until 4pm the day of check in. Lucky for us, we came the night before and asked about this and the rental situation. We went snow tubing instead. The other bummer was that our room was not ready until 5pm, probably because it was Superbowl Sunday. We did the mini golf and roller skating because that was part of the package. When we got the room, conditions were cold, and it was snowing, almost a white out. So we didn't get to go skiing our first day. Things were much better on the 2nd day, everyone took a lesson, the instructors were great, and the BF came down a green trail. I've been out west to all the major resorts, and enjoyed the trails here. Breakfast buffet and dinner buffet were awesome, a huge spread like you'd find in Vegas. Was the package deal worth it for a first timer? Yes. But in the future I might buy everything Al La Carte since lift tickets don't start working until 4pm. The things we enjoyed the most were the tubing and skiing. Our room was clean, we had one with a bathroom separating 2 bedrooms on the 1st floor in the main tower. The negatives were over come due to the fact everyone got to ski, didn't get hurt, and everything worked. The overall experience of flying into Pittsburgh, driving here, and the experience of the resort was very good (4 stars). It's a lot cheaper to fly here versus Denver or Park City Utah, especially when bringing the entire family. Improvements would be to replace carpets in high traffic areas and upgrade rooms (major renovations). Otherwise I would recommend staying here, but remember, if using a package deal, skiing doesn't start until 4pm the day you check in.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank robvia
Karen G, Front Office Manager at Seven Springs Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2013

We are glad that you were able to enjoy the many activiities at Seven Springs Mountain Resort. Something to keep in mind for next time is lift ticket upgrades are available. There is also the option to reverse your lift tickets, so that they start when you arrive and expire the night before your departure... in case you do not get the chance to ski on your day of check-out. Should you venture North again, to Seven Springs, please feel free to contact me directly to set up any reservations.

Reviewed 2 February 2013

We enjoy skiing here. I'm a beginner skier and feel pretty comfortable with the green trails. The resort is nice and they have nice package deals. We usually do the Winter family memories. It is great for kids because it includes bowling, miniature golf, and roller skating. The breakfast is included and is buffet style has a good selection of food.

2  Thank Amy M

Thank you for your positive feedback on our Resort. Our most popular package during the Winter season is the Winter Family Memories package because so many activiites and meals are included. We are glad that you enjoyed your time here and look forward to seeing you in the Summer time for our Summer Family Memories package!

Reviewed 1 February 2013

I was at Seven Springs over Martin Luther King weekend with my family. I have a 3 and a 5 year old. It was simply disappointing. The 5 year old went to Tiny Tots - it seems like a good program but not when you have to wait over 30 minutes to get checked in. Seemed like a lot of staff standing around and just a couple worker bees doing the heavy lifting. There wasn't much to the check in process so why weren't more people checking kids in?

Then the children's menus advertise an activities room. When I asked at the information desk about where it was, I was told there wasn't one. And then as an after thought I was told it's only open holiday weekends. What?! Then I was told that I could put my child in Tiny Tots. Well, if you're not 4 then Tiny Tots isn't an option. So then I was told I could put my child in Kids Corner. We did not have a family weekend to put my kid in babysitting. We couldn't even go tubing. (Have to be 4 here too). How about something for your younger guests management?

8  Thank DisappointedGuest_13
Reviewed 28 January 2013 via mobile

I was on a bus ski trip when I stayed at the resort. I was there for 3 nights. I stayed in a double queen bed room. The room was a nice size and had a balcony facing the ski slopes. I was glad the room was nice and clean and a nice size. The breakfast buffet was pretty good you can get fresh omelets made. My one issue was the dinner buffet it was hard to find something good. The best thing was the salad area. But there is a place inside the resort you can get pizza and subs from. Also there is a bar that sales wings, burgers and french fries. One other thing I do not like there is a $10.00 fee to use the hotub. Snow tubing is right on the resort you get two hours for $22.00 dollars sking is right there as well and they have a bunny slope. I would stay again.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Shortcake079
Karen G, Front Office Manager at Seven Springs Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for the candid feedback you've provided regarding your visit at Seven Springs. We are glad you were able to enjoy so many activiites at our Resort and look forward to your return stay.

Reviewed 18 January 2013

I was a little worried about coming to Seven Springs after reading some of the negative reviews here on TripAdvisor but after spending 3 days at the resort I honestly have NO CLUE what these people are complaining about.

We we're a group of 3 adults: Me (25 years old), my brother (30 years old), and my mom (58 years old). We decided to get the family winter package through the seven springs website which was a great value. We ended up staying 2 nights from Monday Jan. 13- Wed. Jan 16. It was very quiet on Monday and it got busier as the week went on, but although business was slow all employees we encountered were extremely nice. Through the review I'll comment on the family package we got during our stay, which ended up being a great value for about $300 a person with a great view in a Slopeside Room.

Our family package included breakfast buffet every morning which all 3 of us found something enjoyable to eat, we especially loved the made to order omlettes and the breakfast potatoes...they also had fresh fruit, pastries, bread, cereal, and other breakfast foods, all were hot, fresh, and good (even when we got to breakfast late at 10am or so). Our package also included skiing every day we were there but since only my brother skiied my mom and I were both given $50 gift cards at the front desk (who were INCREDIBLY helpful, polite, and pleasant every second we were there). We both used our $50 gift cards at the Spa which I can't say enough good things about!

The spa is beutiful. My mom and I both got massages. We had Debbie Miller and Dawn who were both so nice and gave the best massages. The other staff at the spa gets a huge thumbs up on customer service! The spa itself is great with steam rooms, sauna, rain showers, a really nice vanity area in the ladies section, and a nice "relaxation room" with fresh fruit, hot tea, ice water, and cocolate covered cherries/nuts. We would definitely come back to the spa, the prices were reasonable for the level of customer service recieved and the wonderful amenities at the spa.

We were a little shocked to see that the slopes were a bit muddy but once my brother got out there and started to snow board he found a ton of great slopes and met some wonderful people. The weather had been warm recently and was not in the best condition to blow snow (nothing that the people of seven springs can do about that), but on tuesday night while we were there a little snow fell and it really made the evening. I hear that within the next week or so the Seven Springs area is going to recieve more now.

Our package also included a large one topping pizza and 4 sodas which we used for lunch one day. The pizza was great and the girl at the counter was super nice as well! Once again, great customer service. Also with our package we got a snow tubing session which was SO much fun. The employees working there were fantastic, always willing to give us a push down the hill for extra momentum! This place is perfect for families of all ages. We also got a free bowling session, skating session, and a free dinner one night. We didnt have time to do the skating or bowling but we checked both out and they looked nice! The pool was so wonderful at a temperature of 86 degrees. We also took advantage of the half price hot tub (only $5 per person before 4pm on weekdays) and they were amazing. They were clean and hot, so refreshing with the cold mountain air and wonderful slope views.

The staff here works so hard to keep this place clean, I always saw people working, never saw a dirty table or floor, and everyone was always so nice. I would personally like to mention Chief who was is the nicest, funniest, most thoughtful guy...he works at the concierge/help desk in the front lobby of the tower lodge. Can't say enough good things about this guy and the rest of the staff at Seven Springs. They made it so easy to get around the large resort for my mom, who has a hard time walking long distances. There was always someone helpful right around the corner and no one had a bad attitude. All the food was plentiful, hot, and rather good for a resort. I think people are honestly just a little too hard to please in this economy. It's got to be very expensive to run a ski resort, and im sure business isnt as good as it used to be, plus the place is a little old and dated, but overall I give Seven Springs a 110% for being a great place to take a mini vacation. Very relaxing, pleasant stay and we will DEFINITELY be returning!

Room Tip: Slopside all the way!
3  Thank TripTaker91
Karen G, Front Office Manager at Seven Springs Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide positive feedback about our Resort. The Winter Family Memories package is a best seller during this season and we are very glad you and your family were able to enjoy it. We pride ourselves on excellent service here at Seven Springs and would welcome the opportunity to serve you as our guest in the future. Please feel free to contact me directly to set up any future reservations.

Reviewed 17 January 2013

Perfect weekend getaway (especially from Pittsburgh!). Fun with kids or without. Great dining options, bar/lounges, spa...tons of stuff to do in addition to skiing and tubing. I feel like stepping back in time a bit (I went there a lot in high school), and it's a comforting feeling. We go several times a year, and always have a great time!

Room Tip: Slope side view a must!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Judy G

Judy,

I appreciate the positive feedback that you provided in your review of Seven Springs Mountain Resort. We enjoying being a four-seasons Resort with something for everyone, all year-round. We look forward to your return visit. Please feel free to contact me directly to set up any reservations.

Reviewed 16 January 2013

We come here a few times a year, both in the summer to fish and winter to ski. My children, husband and I always have a wonderful time. The newly renovated spa is incredible. This past year I noticed that they had hired a new chef and he has done wonders with the food! From the breakfast buffet, to the dinners....delicious and very well done!! I love that they have, over the past few years, made it more of a family friendly all seasons resort. You can really tell that they have been working hard at updating many areas of the resort. It seems as if many of the old-timers who have been going here forever don't like change. But this has been a very welcome and positive change for me and my family! Thank you Seven Springs. We will be back!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank KCmomma
Karen G, Front Office Manager at Seven Springs Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide positive feedback regarding your recent stay at Seven Springs Mountain Resort. We pride ourselves on being a four season, family Resort willand welcome the opportunity to serve you as our guest again. Feel free to contact me directly, to set up any future reservations.

814-352-7777 ext.7575

Also consider these accommodations in or near Champion
11.0 km away
18.8 km away
A1Economy Inn
A1Economy Inn
#6 of 12 in Somerset

Been to Seven Springs Mountain Resort? Share your experiences!