All reviewsthe main lodgeroller skatingalpine slidebreakfast buffetsummer activitiesski slopessnow tubingpizza shopwine festivallift ticketstower roomfourth floorsporting claysindoor poolzip lineslope sidelong weekend
Reviewed February 2, 2013

We enjoy skiing here. I'm a beginner skier and feel pretty comfortable with the green trails. The resort is nice and they have nice package deals. We usually do the Winter family memories. It is great for kids because it includes bowling, miniature golf, and roller skating. The breakfast is included and is buffet style has a good selection of food.

2  Thank Amy M
Karen G, Front Office Manager at Seven Springs Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2013

Thank you for your positive feedback on our Resort. Our most popular package during the Winter season is the Winter Family Memories package because so many activiites and meals are included. We are glad that you enjoyed your time here and look forward to seeing you in the Summer time for our Summer Family Memories package!

Reviewed February 1, 2013

I was at Seven Springs over Martin Luther King weekend with my family. I have a 3 and a 5 year old. It was simply disappointing. The 5 year old went to Tiny Tots - it seems like a good program but not when you have to wait over 30 minutes to get checked in. Seemed like a lot of staff standing around and just a couple worker bees doing the heavy lifting. There wasn't much to the check in process so why weren't more people checking kids in?

Then the children's menus advertise an activities room. When I asked at the information desk about where it was, I was told there wasn't one. And then as an after thought I was told it's only open holiday weekends. What?! Then I was told that I could put my child in Tiny Tots. Well, if you're not 4 then Tiny Tots isn't an option. So then I was told I could put my child in Kids Corner. We did not have a family weekend to put my kid in babysitting. We couldn't even go tubing. (Have to be 4 here too). How about something for your younger guests management?

8  Thank DisappointedGuest_13
Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

I was on a bus ski trip when I stayed at the resort. I was there for 3 nights. I stayed in a double queen bed room. The room was a nice size and had a balcony facing the ski slopes. I was glad the room was nice and clean and a nice size. The breakfast buffet was pretty good you can get fresh omelets made. My one issue was the dinner buffet it was hard to find something good. The best thing was the salad area. But there is a place inside the resort you can get pizza and subs from. Also there is a bar that sales wings, burgers and french fries. One other thing I do not like there is a $10.00 fee to use the hotub. Snow tubing is right on the resort you get two hours for $22.00 dollars sking is right there as well and they have a bunny slope. I would stay again.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Shortcake079
Karen G, Front Office Manager at Seven Springs Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for the candid feedback you've provided regarding your visit at Seven Springs. We are glad you were able to enjoy so many activiites at our Resort and look forward to your return stay.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

I was a little worried about coming to Seven Springs after reading some of the negative reviews here on TripAdvisor but after spending 3 days at the resort I honestly have NO CLUE what these people are complaining about.

We we're a group of 3 adults: Me (25 years old), my brother (30 years old), and my mom (58 years old). We decided to get the family winter package through the seven springs website which was a great value. We ended up staying 2 nights from Monday Jan. 13- Wed. Jan 16. It was very quiet on Monday and it got busier as the week went on, but although business was slow all employees we encountered were extremely nice. Through the review I'll comment on the family package we got during our stay, which ended up being a great value for about $300 a person with a great view in a Slopeside Room.

Our family package included breakfast buffet every morning which all 3 of us found something enjoyable to eat, we especially loved the made to order omlettes and the breakfast potatoes...they also had fresh fruit, pastries, bread, cereal, and other breakfast foods, all were hot, fresh, and good (even when we got to breakfast late at 10am or so). Our package also included skiing every day we were there but since only my brother skiied my mom and I were both given $50 gift cards at the front desk (who were INCREDIBLY helpful, polite, and pleasant every second we were there). We both used our $50 gift cards at the Spa which I can't say enough good things about!

The spa is beutiful. My mom and I both got massages. We had Debbie Miller and Dawn who were both so nice and gave the best massages. The other staff at the spa gets a huge thumbs up on customer service! The spa itself is great with steam rooms, sauna, rain showers, a really nice vanity area in the ladies section, and a nice "relaxation room" with fresh fruit, hot tea, ice water, and cocolate covered cherries/nuts. We would definitely come back to the spa, the prices were reasonable for the level of customer service recieved and the wonderful amenities at the spa.

We were a little shocked to see that the slopes were a bit muddy but once my brother got out there and started to snow board he found a ton of great slopes and met some wonderful people. The weather had been warm recently and was not in the best condition to blow snow (nothing that the people of seven springs can do about that), but on tuesday night while we were there a little snow fell and it really made the evening. I hear that within the next week or so the Seven Springs area is going to recieve more now.

Our package also included a large one topping pizza and 4 sodas which we used for lunch one day. The pizza was great and the girl at the counter was super nice as well! Once again, great customer service. Also with our package we got a snow tubing session which was SO much fun. The employees working there were fantastic, always willing to give us a push down the hill for extra momentum! This place is perfect for families of all ages. We also got a free bowling session, skating session, and a free dinner one night. We didnt have time to do the skating or bowling but we checked both out and they looked nice! The pool was so wonderful at a temperature of 86 degrees. We also took advantage of the half price hot tub (only $5 per person before 4pm on weekdays) and they were amazing. They were clean and hot, so refreshing with the cold mountain air and wonderful slope views.

The staff here works so hard to keep this place clean, I always saw people working, never saw a dirty table or floor, and everyone was always so nice. I would personally like to mention Chief who was is the nicest, funniest, most thoughtful guy...he works at the concierge/help desk in the front lobby of the tower lodge. Can't say enough good things about this guy and the rest of the staff at Seven Springs. They made it so easy to get around the large resort for my mom, who has a hard time walking long distances. There was always someone helpful right around the corner and no one had a bad attitude. All the food was plentiful, hot, and rather good for a resort. I think people are honestly just a little too hard to please in this economy. It's got to be very expensive to run a ski resort, and im sure business isnt as good as it used to be, plus the place is a little old and dated, but overall I give Seven Springs a 110% for being a great place to take a mini vacation. Very relaxing, pleasant stay and we will DEFINITELY be returning!

Room Tip: Slopside all the way!
3  Thank TripTaker91
Karen G, Front Office Manager at Seven Springs Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide positive feedback about our Resort. The Winter Family Memories package is a best seller during this season and we are very glad you and your family were able to enjoy it. We pride ourselves on excellent service here at Seven Springs and would welcome the opportunity to serve you as our guest in the future. Please feel free to contact me directly to set up any future reservations.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

Perfect weekend getaway (especially from Pittsburgh!). Fun with kids or without. Great dining options, bar/lounges, spa...tons of stuff to do in addition to skiing and tubing. I feel like stepping back in time a bit (I went there a lot in high school), and it's a comforting feeling. We go several times a year, and always have a great time!

Room Tip: Slope side view a must!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Judy G

Judy,

I appreciate the positive feedback that you provided in your review of Seven Springs Mountain Resort. We enjoying being a four-seasons Resort with something for everyone, all year-round. We look forward to your return visit. Please feel free to contact me directly to set up any reservations.