“Dinner on the way home”

Elliott's Back Street Barbecue
Ranked #6 of 19 Restaurants in Clairton
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed March 5, 2018

My wife and I stopped in on the way home. We ordered the Ribs and "the Skinny" plate(pork tenderloin sliced). The ribs were solid. Juicy and nice smoked flavor. The sliced tenderloin was a little dry and tough. Still good flavor, but would be better if it were shredded like their sandwich pork. The Baked Beans and coleslaw were excellent. Noel the server was great. Good solid Barbeque dinner for a good price.

Date of visit: March 2018
1  Thank Rob N

Reviewed July 12, 2017

A very good dinner at a restaurant that is located in Pleasant Hills. We all had the T Bone steak. This restaurant offers many other entrees and sandwiches. Also, we had a great waiter.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed May 5, 2017

I've reviewed before how this place was going down hill. I gave it one last chance.
I will not be returning here ever again. Spent $54 for two racks of ribs. They were bar none the worst ever. Left the silver skin on... I think it had liquid smoke on it. Just plain ole bad. So long Elliott's.

Date of visit: April 2017
2  Thank Mark C
Reviewed February 4, 2017 via mobile

Decided to try this place. We've been passed this place a number of times, and finally decided to stop. The service was friendly and efficient. We ordered the greens and beans to start out, which was excellent! A rare, healthier appetizer with a lot of flavor. It could be eaten as a main course for one. For dinner, we did the beef brisket and chicken scampi. Both were delicious, the only thing with the scampi, the oregano over powered the dish, so the garlic could not be tasted. A different dish, but less oregano next time.

Date of visit: February 2017
1  Thank traci1986
Reviewed October 1, 2016

Very rude waitress, very bad attitude. Several times they gave me totally burned ribs when I ordered take out. I know they would not have put them in front of someone who was eating them there. The first couple of times I shrugged it off because STUFF happens but recently they gave me ribs that were charred and not even eatable . Really really bad and it was so ignorant that they would slip something like that in a take out order. Never going back.

Date of visit: September 2016