“An OK motel, good for an overnight stop”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Clarks Summit
Sanborn, NY
“An OK motel, good for an overnight stop”
Reviewed 2 August 2011

This Comfort Inn is good for an overnight stop, not a long vacation. Clarks Summit is a busy area at the junction of I-81 and I-476, the turnpike. The motel is good, not great. But for a good sleep, a shower, and breakfast, which you need while traveling. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Florida
Reviewed 9 July 2011

We booked this hotel as it was on the recommended list from the camp my children are attending for the next two weeks.

We immediately noticed that the lobby/dining area was quite small (only 3 or 4 tables along the wall) and that the property had an unpleasant odor but the young man at the counter was very polite so I was willing to overlook it. BAD decision.

Upon entering the elevator (which was terribly small as noted in another review) the odor got worse and when we entered our room it smelled like a cat's litter box.

I usually check our hotels for mildew, bedbugs, etc and this time was no different. Thank God I looked. Within 5 minutes of checking in we were out of the room! I found roaming bedbugs on the mattress and told everyone to get out of the room immediately. This is a very current review as we just left this hotel and are now checked in across the street at a hotel with very good reviews . Thank you Tripadvisor!

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank Flmof3
New York City, New York
Reviewed 21 May 2011

I found the hotel to be alright; just below average for the hotel and for the price paid. Though to be fair, most other hotels in the area charge more. The hotel could use renovation. There was free wireless (mandatory in my book) and breakfast in the morning, which was fine. Just, average.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled solo
Adirondack Foothills of NY State
Reviewed 30 December 2010

It was snowing and we needed to get off the road. I used the choice privileges website to book this hotel. It was pricier than we had hoped. For the price we paid, we thought there'd be more in the way of ammenities, i.e. an indoor pool but there wasn't. The room was small, but clean (I always check under the mattress.) Breakfast was fine, but it was crowded and the line for the waffle maker was too long so it was bagels and cream cheese for me. We've stayed in other Comfort Inns and this on just didn't measure up to what we've come to expect..

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank ADKphotobug
Belleville, Canada
Reviewed 30 December 2010

Pulled off the highway in a snowstorm. Pulled into the first hotel on the left. Big mistake, should have gone to the Ramada across the road or the Hampton Inn further up on the right. Should have listened to my gut while I was standing in the lobby, but didn't want to get back in the car and drive again.

The lobby and hallways were shabby. The room felt old and tired. I requested a ground floor room. Granted the clerk did recommend a second floor room, he said the ground room's floors were on the cool side. That would have been ok, but the rugs were actually wet with dampness. When we went to put our bag down on the table we discovered it was covered with a large sticky spill of what looked like jam. For $70/night, I do not think I should have to clean the room myself.

I inspected the mattress and bedding before we brought our bags in. We did not have a problem with bed bugs as the previous poster had, but I would never risk this hotel again having read that. With the state that the property was kept, I would not expect that they would properly deal with such a problem, should it arise.

As a result of this stay, I will never stay in a Comfort Inn again if this is how their properties are kept up. This property was not worth the price. It should be more in the 35-50 dollar range.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
4 Thank GoTravelDame
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 23 November 2010

DISGUSTING!! BEDBUG INFESTATION! BEWARE. The room was dirty, we woke in the middle of the night to bedbugs all over the bed, quickly showered and left, having to sleep in our car in 20 degree weather. The woman at the front desk seemed to think this is a common problem and would "leave the manager a note". After many email attempts and four attempts to call Customer Relations, Choice Privileges wanted to know ...:"what do you want US to do?". WE WILL NEVER USE THIS CHAIN OF HOTELS AGAIN. BEWARE!!!!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
3 Thank Pam1107186
Auburn
Reviewed 25 October 2010

This hotel didn't have too many flaws except for the lousy TV.Half of the stations were all snowy.I was looking forward to watching the baseball playoffs and college football games but I could hardly see the TV.I told the clerk at the front desk about it but he didn't seem too concern.You would think that a room that cost $80-$100 per night would want to satisfy their customers

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
5.2 km away
Days Inn Scranton PA
Days Inn Scranton PA
#8 of 10 in Scranton

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!