“Awesome”

Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Clarks Summit
Hop Bottom, Pennsylvania
“Awesome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2012

After having bad xperiances was in need of a ferret friendly motel sat woul take my 7 children n pug at da same time upon Fallon the sweet lady at the desk booked my room a decent room bathroom could use improvement but over lOoked the small dangerous bathroom should have a better shower curtan floor gets soaked n need to dry it so u won't be seriously hurt made knocked on door 8 Am on da dot next morning n barley speaks english n I don't honk he understood we just got the afternoon b4 n didn't need anything. N where in bed so the sweet lady had our room be put as the last room to be cleaned at my request she offers it b4i got the words completely out she loved watching me walk my pug n was very interested in my ferrets I had many chats with her I enjoyed her conversations a lot then I xtend my stay wih her son who was workin nite n I told home that I would like to keep my room keys cu my fieance makes guitar picks out of them n was I treaties of the pick punch my fieance has. The sweet lady a day later informed me we. Had to move down he other. End of da lot cus. Our shower was leaking in her basement so I did bv she was helpful the lady who was here today 2 dif lady's was sweet too she took Time out to make. The move easy havin new room cleaned quick n the air conditioner didn't work my fieance Needs da cool air bf of his diabeties n bv of my 7 fur kids are in a dl dog Crate n need the ventilation I mentiond this to the 2nd sweet lady her response I was very worried bout u 2. Had him fix the air witch worlked like a charm after I enjoyed this Tim here better than the sucky first time years ago. Love the 2 sweet lady's I had countless talks with Will stay again

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank Piazza1331

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Lancaster, PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2011

My wife and I stayed here to combine a family visit with business appointments. Reminded me of a Vermont ski chalet. Great park to walk along the creek across Rt6. We were there in January and the trees were still lit with Christmas lights. Parking and entrances are to the rear and a train track runs behind the hotel. No problem, one or two trains rumbled past in the time we were there. Same train runs behind the more expensive hotels as well. Room was comfortable. Will stay again when we're in the ares

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
Peterborough, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2011

We had a great experience here. The room was clean, no frills, and, better yet, the price reflected that fact. We were glad for a less expensive alternative to some of the other lodging choices on Rt 6. We visit the area several times a year to visit family, and we always ask for a quiet room, which seems difficult to find, but the Econolodge had it! We also found a nice little trail across the street, well lit and populated along the river, which we checked out one evening after dark. Also, the gentleman at the desk assisted us in tracking down an ethernet cable after we'd returned to our room sometime after 10 pm. He was very attentive and willing to help. We decided we would stay here from now on instead of Nichols Village Inn or the Hampton Inn, two of our previous (and more expensive) options. Thank you for a pleasant stay.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank happycustomer46201
Virginia Beach, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2011

The room was fine and the beds were comfortable. It is not a place that I would hang out in but I only needed a bed for two nights with my son. Good coffee in the morning in the Managers office with an assortment of juices, doughnuts cereal and pastries, with a USA Today not bad. The liitle diner next door offered great home cooked meals with fresh made desserts! For the price it was fine. Very easy on and off to the various locations we went to. If I go back I would stay again but if you want something new do not go here.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank atthebeach12
White House, Tennessee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2011

Very tired when we arrived so we took the room we had reserved. One night was enough to realize one night was one too many! Dirty, paint chipping, dirty, hairs (curly ones) on the bedspread, dirty, dangerous looking clientele hanging around outside rooms smoking and drinking, Did I mention DIRTY? The room smelled badly, (think body odor and mildew mixed) Condescending desk clerk who wrote a lying paragraph on her report about my request to cancel the rest of my reservations then, after I saw it and read it, she claimed that it inadvertently had been copy and pasted to my refund document. Our door was ajar when we returned from dinner and that was the final straw. I had to threaten to call the police to get the clerk to reimburse me for the latter part of my reservation. She was quick to reimburse after that which in hindsight led me to believe the police were no strangers to the motel. That would be no surprise in light of the seedy looking "guests" who seemed to be lurking about. There was also a young woman who looked and acted suspiciously like a prostitute in the parking lot after the sun went down. Not that there's anything wrong with that. I would sleep in my car on a cold night before I stayed in the Clarks Summit Econolodge again.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank ressiemoo
Butler, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2011

early check was confirmed but still had to wait 1 hr. the curtains do not cover windows making it difficult to sleep.smoking room without ashtray?found it later under behind tv dresser? un able to sleep at nite because of the mold smell comin from the heater! this was evident on our clothing,bags even as we arrived home we could still smell this!my adult daughter was sick for a week after arriving home from the mold she had to breath.aaa gave this 2 stars personally i think they should take this of there list

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank linlee22
Hamilton, Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2010

Locked in the price and were told no refunds. Tiny room. Filthy floor that was never vacuumed during our stay. Pulling the bedspread back, the sheets were all wrinkled up, stained and had hairs on them. Asked for 3 towels because of 3 people. Had to get another towel every evening because they couldn't seem to get it right. No wifi!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
Hampton Inn Clarks Summit
#1 of 6 in Clarks Summit
7.5 km away
Sleep Inn & Suites Scranton Dunmore

Been to Econo Lodge Clarks Summit? Share your experiences!