Econo Lodge Clarks Summit
US$64
US$99
  • Breakfast included
US$114
Comfort Inn(Clarks Summit)(Great Value!)
US$80
Fairfield Inn
Residence Inn Scranton(Scranton)
US$134
US$130
All reviewsroom was cleanstaff was friendlylandscapinghairdryeriron
Reviewed December 15, 2011

My wife and I stayed here to combine a family visit with business appointments. Reminded me of a Vermont ski chalet. Great park to walk along the creek across Rt6. We were there in January and the trees were still lit with Christmas lights. Parking and entrances are to the rear and a train track runs behind the hotel. No problem, one or two trains rumbled past in the time we were there. Same train runs behind the more expensive hotels as well. Room was comfortable. Will stay again when we're in the ares

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed August 11, 2011

We had a great experience here. The room was clean, no frills, and, better yet, the price reflected that fact. We were glad for a less expensive alternative to some of the other lodging choices on Rt 6. We visit the area several times a year to visit family, and we always ask for a quiet room, which seems difficult to find, but the Econolodge had it! We also found a nice little trail across the street, well lit and populated along the river, which we checked out one evening after dark. Also, the gentleman at the desk assisted us in tracking down an ethernet cable after we'd returned to our room sometime after 10 pm. He was very attentive and willing to help. We decided we would stay here from now on instead of Nichols Village Inn or the Hampton Inn, two of our previous (and more expensive) options. Thank you for a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank happycustomer46201
Reviewed July 25, 2011

The room was fine and the beds were comfortable. It is not a place that I would hang out in but I only needed a bed for two nights with my son. Good coffee in the morning in the Managers office with an assortment of juices, doughnuts cereal and pastries, with a USA Today not bad. The liitle diner next door offered great home cooked meals with fresh made desserts! For the price it was fine. Very easy on and off to the various locations we went to. If I go back I would stay again but if you want something new do not go here.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank atthebeach12
Reviewed July 1, 2011

Very tired when we arrived so we took the room we had reserved. One night was enough to realize one night was one too many! Dirty, paint chipping, dirty, hairs (curly ones) on the bedspread, dirty, dangerous looking clientele hanging around outside rooms smoking and drinking, Did I mention DIRTY? The room smelled badly, (think body odor and mildew mixed) Condescending desk clerk who wrote a lying paragraph on her report about my request to cancel the rest of my reservations then, after I saw it and read it, she claimed that it inadvertently had been copy and pasted to my refund document. Our door was ajar when we returned from dinner and that was the final straw. I had to threaten to call the police to get the clerk to reimburse me for the latter part of my reservation. She was quick to reimburse after that which in hindsight led me to believe the police were no strangers to the motel. That would be no surprise in light of the seedy looking "guests" who seemed to be lurking about. There was also a young woman who looked and acted suspiciously like a prostitute in the parking lot after the sun went down. Not that there's anything wrong with that. I would sleep in my car on a cold night before I stayed in the Clarks Summit Econolodge again.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank ressiemoo
Reviewed February 20, 2011

early check was confirmed but still had to wait 1 hr. the curtains do not cover windows making it difficult to sleep.smoking room without ashtray?found it later under behind tv dresser? un able to sleep at nite because of the mold smell comin from the heater! this was evident on our clothing,bags even as we arrived home we could still smell this!my adult daughter was sick for a week after arriving home from the mold she had to breath.aaa gave this 2 stars personally i think they should take this of there list

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family